Official Dexter: New Blood Thread

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The impact of the shot and the moment was weak. They shoulda switched to an over the top shot like they did after, but during the gunshot. This season made me hungry for more, so it's sad to see it end like that. Whoever cast Harrison needs to be fired.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Killing Logan was the most out of character thing that Dexter has done in the entire series. Made no sense at all.
That shyt LITERALLY pissed me off. Like this isn’t Dexter’s character at all and they just wanted to make the audience feel like he deserved it. Also the fact that his girl’s thought process went so far to connect him to all that shyt was unrealistic to me as well. But I could’ve forgiven that if they didn’t make Dexter do something so out of character at the end.

jericho

The North Remembers
Daps
Reppin
I enjoyed it. Went in with low expectations and it wrapped things up a hell of a lot better than the S8 travesty

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
Killing Logan was the most out of character thing that Dexter has done in the entire series. Made no sense at all.

:what:

He actively asked him to just give him the keys so he wouldn't have to do it and only did it to 1.) not get caught but 2.) because dude went for his gun and shot at him.

We've literally watched Dexter pummel a man to death because he said Dexter's dead wife could suck his dikk.

Add that we haven't seen him in a situation where his back was this up against the wall for survival since the Skinner or Doakes and he choked both of them out, killing one and locking the other in a cabin and I'd say it's pretty par for the course.

Tj Bronson

Average Carpentry Skills
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a legal expert or anything even close to one, but thinking on this, I can't see any way for any of the crimes Dexter was accused of to stick. He already shot down the Matt Caldwell case that even Logan acknowledged would be plausible enough to a jury to dismiss, and Kurt left behind a pretty convenient trail that gives Dexter's cover more credibility. As for the BHB murders, as far as the FBI or whoever was concerned, that case is closed and it was Doakes, and they have no concrete evidence that says it was Dexter. I can't imagine any DAs would want to bring that thin of a case to court. And he's got a reasonable explanation for faking his death considering he'd been targeted more than once by different serial killers, his wife was murdered, his sister was murdered and he just had to get away from it all in the hopes his kid could have a normal life. Even seeing Batista, he could explain to him his motivation for faking his death and leaving Miami and everything behind.

I dont know. I should probably rewatch the series I guess. But just thinking it over since last night, it seems a little sloppy of him to kill Logan and not even try letting the courts fail to convict him. The cases against him were too thin.

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not a legal expert or anything even close to one, but thinking on this, I can't see any way for any of the crimes Dexter was accused of to stick. He already shot down the Matt Caldwell case that even Logan acknowledged would be plausible enough to a jury to dismiss, and Kurt left behind a pretty convenient trail that gives Dexter's cover more credibility. As for the BHB murders, as far as the FBI or whoever was concerned, that case is closed and it was Doakes, and they have no concrete evidence that says it was Dexter. I can't imagine any DAs would want to bring that thin of a case to court. And he's got a reasonable explanation for faking his death considering he'd been targeted more than once by different serial killers, his wife was murdered, his sister was murdered and he just had to get away from it all in the hopes his kid could have a normal life. Even seeing Batista, he could explain to him his motivation for faking his death and leaving Miami and everything behind.

I dont know. I should probably rewatch the series I guess. But just thinking it over since last night, it seems a little sloppy of him to kill Logan and not even try letting the courts fail to convict him. The cases against him were too thin.

C/S

only way they could excuse it is if Dexter has gone even more crazy over the years but they didn’t really show that to be the case

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
it's right up there with killing laguerta, but then again technically deb did that.

but certainly a more satisfying ending than that lumberjack bullshyt.

dexter has never done anything like this before

he never killed laguerta, never killed doakes

now they have him killing anyone like a savage

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Harrison going "Open your eyes and look at what you've done! :damn:" was dope. Another great call back.

The letter in tandem with Harrison driving off was also dope to give double meaning to Dexter's fake and real death.

I appreciate Phillips not reinventing the wheel with this, but taking the core material the show ended on and giving it more heart and nuance.

They went a little Breaking Bad/Walter White with it, which I should have picked up on from the second we found ourselves in Iron Lake, in having Dexter go dark there at the end. Dexter "breaking" his code to prioritize not getting caught - I was almost convinced he was going to kill Harrison right then and there. But he acceped his fate, as he did with Deb, but this time Harrison didn't blink.

I would have been interested as fukk in seeing a Batista/Dexter confrontation and the idea of him being extradited to Miami and a season of Dexter in jail/his trial would have been insane.

Sad to see the character go, the show is literally the first real show I got into (started when I was 19, outside of basketball and wrestling I didn't watch a lot of TV). Much respect for closing this up right.

breh they dug up dexter after years, had high ratings etc. all of this for only ten episodes and putting it to bed :mjtf:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
That would be kind of silly, but what if instead of that...
Harrison develops his own personal "code" and decides that Dexter meets HIS definition of a serial killer, so he in his own way decides to deliver justice for his Aunt Deb by getting rid of Dexter??

I was sort of "almost half correct".
Yes Harrison killed dexter, but it wasn't part of a "code". In fact, I think the entire POINT of the last scene is that Harrison realised that the whole idea of a "code" is just BS, and he refused to play along.
For that reason, I think this HAS to be the end of the Dexter universe. There's no more story left to tell because
Harrison doesn't actually have any urge to kill, that was just something Dexter projected on to him.

The impact of the shot and the moment was weak. They shoulda switched to an over the top shot like they did after, but during the gunshot. This season made me hungry for more, so it's sad to see it end like that. Whoever cast Harrison needs to be fired.

I've never shot a gun, but in that scene the actor did a terrible job of selling the idea that rifles have recoil. It's like they just played a gunshot sound effect over a shot of a guy pointing a gun,
:manny:.
But I didn't have a problem with the actor in general.