OFFICIAL DEXTER FINAL SEASON THREAD

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Troll is always everyone's defense when they can't comprehend someone having a different opinion. It's getting dated. Let's try harder...I'm still rolling over half of this forum copying my MO in various context though. Amusing either way.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
It's not all that unreasonable to think that Dexter was making a 6 figure salary in Miami metro, dude was not living a super expensive lifestyle, outside of a late model ford escape, which you can lease for cheap and his boat, which wasn't even all that big he could have easily saved up for or took out a 5 year loan after putting 20% down. shyt he could have bought it used for 75-80k. I got fam in Florida, even in Miami (outskirts) you can live comfortably making 30-35k if you are single. Dexter, if I'm not mistaken is a forensic expert, who clearly is the most senior guy in his crew and he has been doing what he had been doing for over a decade (by the end of the show). Keep in mind to even do a job like that you need to have a bachelors degree in a science (biology, physics, math) and then study for another 2 years or so in forensics. Dude is easily clearing 100k a year especially in a metropolitan area, where the murder close rate is less than 20 percent. Dude is a one eyed, man in the land of the blind. Also he lives pretty basic, he probably had a nice savings by the time he was ready to leave.

Patrolman pull 6 figures in Boston after 5 years. And that's with no rank and very little overtime and detail work.

SMH @ these noobs thinking 6 figures is some kind of fantasy life. Some Massachusetts school districts have teachers averaging 80k-100k a year. Dexter making $100k as a lab analyst/forensics expert is definitely a possibility.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
Troll is always everyone's defense when they can't comprehend someone having a different opinion. It's getting dated. Let's try harder...I'm still rolling over half of this forum copying my MO in various context though. Amusing either way.
is that Arianna Jolie in the Avatar? What happened to her?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have been a stuanch defender of the show but after that finale I just can't. :snoop: Based on the ending there were so many characters/things that just had no purpose and were thusly wasted:

LaGuerta's death
Harrison's age progression
Masuka's daughter
Quinn being dirty
The strip club owner
Matthews connection to the Morgan family
The bloody rabbit
Elway
Dr. Vogel
I would say the brain surgeon if he hadn't done us all a favor (:myman:)
Mike Williams I think his name was the black detective from season 6
The black female detective who got Sgt over Quinn
Jaime (outside of her ride game :shaq:)
That dude she was fukking...the video game designer
Isaac (so much potential there)

Seriously...looking back what was the purpose of any of these things? :mindblown: Writers dropped the ball big time. It's like they missed storytelling 101. :damn:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
Ya'll fillin up these slow days at work :ohlawd:

Let's go....

I have been a stuanch defender of the show but after that finale I just can't. :snoop: Based on the ending there were so many characters/things that just had no purpose and were thusly wasted:

LaGuerta's death - not wasted - went to show the lengths Debra would go for her brother. The show is about Dexter 1, Debra 2. LaGuerta is/was nothing but a device for the two of them. Her death was for the Dex/Deb storyline to progress. She didn't mean anything to anyone but Angel, and he forgot about her by episode 2 :russ:

Harrison's age progression - since it seemed like they needed someone to talk this season, having a Harrison that could go more than "die die" seemed necessary. Didn't really do much overall, but not necessarily wasted.

Masuka's daughter - gave another dimension to Masuka, but primarily, eyecandy. IDGAF about her worth to the overall story, I was :ohlawd: anytime she was on the screen.

Quinn being dirty - Gave him some layers. He was dirty, but a good (well intentioned) cop as well. Was used to draw parallels to Dexter at times and how not everyone is what they seem to be. Not exactly used to the fullest, but not wasted. For all the bland characters, Quinn being dirty always gave him the potential for something else.

The strip club owner - George? A good foil to Quinn, not much else. Isaak was the main story there so I didn't really care for him, but sure - wasted.

Matthews connection to the Morgan family - Definitely wasted. He had his moments, but he definitely could've been used more.

The bloody rabbit - :stopitslime: Really? :russ: I appreciate you seeing the potential in that though.

Elway - Honestly, I didn't mind Elway. He was an irritant at the end of the day. My hope is that if they do make a spin-off or a movie that he's utilized. He's the last remaining threat to Dexter. Only thing I would've changed in the ending, to have that big reveal feel, is if Elway had somehow found out about Dexter after trying to figure out why he was saving Hannah and went into Miami Metro to say he has reason to believe that not only is Dexter with Hannah, but that he was the BHB. That, or to see him investigating Dexter further. THAT would've been a way to introduce that :krs: ending moment and leave the option for Dexter being found out.

Dr. Vogel - Not at all. While I think we were all fairly suspicious of her and ultimately got let down that she was innocent in all of this, her role added a new aspect to Dexter's character - that he didn't even have to be who he was. SHE pushed the code, SHE said he would be a psychopath. Low key, she played one of the biggest roles in this series because it makes you sit and question whether or not Dexter really was responsible for this and if he really deserves to live his life in solitude. Unfortunately, she was dry as fukk and I didn't even blink when her throat got cut, so :yeshrug:. Boring. Understated and surprisingly valuable, but boring. Not wasted, though.

I would say the brain surgeon if he hadn't done us all a favor (:myman:) - :demonic:

Mike Williams I think his name was the black detective from season 6 - He knew what tableaus were :yeshrug:

The black female detective who got Sgt over Quinn - easily the biggest waste and most pointless person in this series.

Jaime (outside of her ride game :shaq:) - :that ride game is all that mattered.

That dude she was fukking...the video game designer - my mistake, HE was the biggest wasted character in the series. Especially after reading that his character may have been loosely based off a character in one of the books that caused a LOT of problems for Dexter. I'm still mad about how they did him.

Isaac (so much potential there) - he was fukkin great. Not sure what else could've been done with him, outside of having had him as a separate Big Bad outside of the Dex/Deb story. :yeshrug:

Seriously...looking back what was the purpose of any of these things? :mindblown: Writers dropped the ball big time. It's like they missed storytelling 101. :damn:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

LaGuerta's death
Harrison's age progression
Masuka's daughter
Quinn being dirty
The strip club owner
Matthews connection to the Morgan family
The bloody rabbit
Elway
Dr. Vogel
I would say the brain surgeon if he hadn't done us all a favor (:myman:)
Mike Williams I think his name was the black detective from season 6
The black female detective who got Sgt over Quinn
Jaime (outside of her ride game :shaq:)
That dude she was fukking...the video game designer
Isaac (so much potential there)

That was always my problem with Dexter. They would have these great possible angles set up that could've taken the story in so many interesting directions and then completely neglect them. Like I said before, I'm not even mad if they spend time fleshing out surrounding characters if it plays a part in the final narrative. If in some way they find out about Dexter and based on what we know about them we can see how they react to it. But in the end there really was no point to care about them as none of their stories are wrapped up and we have no clue what happens with any of them. They just kind of exist.

And somehow we're supposed to be satisfied with the story because Dexter decides to put himself on time out at the end considering all the horrible shyt he did. For all we know he could've decided he'll never love another like Deb so said fukk Hannah and Harrison.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya'll fillin up these slow days at work :ohlawd:

Let's go....

Understand that when I say wasted I am talking about lasting impact. For example we were still feelin reverberations from Doakes in season 7. If he wasn't framed as the killer then Laguerta would've been :manny: about the slide or at least wouldnt' have gone so hard about it. Trinity and Travis Marshall or at least Dexters involvement with them left a lasting mark until the end. Laguerta was a fukking afterthought 5 minutes into the season. :heh: Pretty much every storyline from last season was forgetten about except the "Deb knows". All the evidence LaGuerta was compiling, the dubious circumstances of her death. Seriously Dex and Deb were nowhere to be found and Deb called to track her car just before she was killed and she just happened to be the second dead police officer that was investigating Dexter (actually the 3rd but of course Quinn forgot all about that shyt after Deb dumped his ass :rudy:). They got away with the LaGuerta shyt way too easy. All we got was a mention in passing of how they got away with it. That should have been the dominant storyline at least for the first couple episodes.

Isaac went from potential GOAT big bad capable of maybe defeating Dexter or at least providing a solid challenge to wanting to be buddies to fukkin dead and forgetten in like 5 episodes. :mindblown: You acknowledged how they fukked up with the video game guy. Every threat to Dexter was dispatched way to quickly and anti-climatically. I understand that Vogel came up with the code but in the end she was just a means of getting the 2nd rate big bad involved. She didnt' make him a psychopath. He was already one, that's why Harry went to see her. Elway was on to Dexter and didn't tell anybody and just ended up unconcious on a bus. Harrison has got to be the most disciplined 5 year old ever. How does he not tell ANYONE about Hannah? How many kids do you know are just gonna sit quietly while some guy berates their dad and shyts on their stepmom that they love like a mom. The rabbit could've been huge instead it was just a fukkin Full House moment about lying. I held out because I figured they would tie everything up in the end but instead they just left all kinds of open holes and didn't even try to make sense.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Understand that when I say wasted I am talking about lasting impact. For example we were still feelin reverberations from Doakes in season 7. If he wasn't framed as the killer then Laguerta would've been :manny: about the slide or at least wouldnt' have gone so hard about it. Trinity and Travis Marshall or at least Dexters involvement with them left a lasting mark until the end. Laguerta was a fukking afterthought 5 minutes into the season. :heh: Pretty much every storyline from last season was forgetten about except the "Deb knows". All the evidence LaGuerta was compiling, the dubious circumstances of her death. Seriously Dex and Deb were nowhere to be found and Deb called to track her car just before she was killed and she just happened to be the second dead police officer that was investigating Dexter (actually the 3rd but of course Quinn forgot all about that shyt after Deb dumped his ass :rudy:). They got away with the LaGuerta shyt way too easy. All we got was a mention in passing of how they got away with it. That should have been the dominant storyline at least for the first couple episodes.

Isaac went from potential GOAT big bad capable of maybe defeating Dexter or at least providing a solid challenge to wanting to be buddies to fukkin dead and forgetten in like 5 episodes. :mindblown: You acknowledged how they fukked up with the video game guy. Every threat to Dexter was dispatched way to quickly and anti-climatically. I understand that Vogel came up with the code but in the end she was just a means of getting the 2nd rate big bad involved. She didnt' make him a psychopath. He was already one, that's why Harry went to see her. Elway was on to Dexter and didn't tell anybody and just ended up unconcious on a bus. Harrison has got to be the most disciplined 5 year old ever. How does he not tell ANYONE about Hannah? How many kids do you know are just gonna sit quietly while some guy berates their dad and shyts on their stepmom that they love like a mom. The rabbit could've been huge instead it was just a fukkin Full House moment about lying. I held out because I figured they would tie everything up in the end but instead they just left all kinds of open holes and didn't even try to make sense.

It was already a joke that dumb *ss Laguerta of all people would be the one to figure out Dexter's secret:comeon:, but the way they handled her death?:dwillhuh: Don't forget, Deb's gun killed her, how the f*ck they explain that?:wtf:

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
It was already a joke that dumb *ss Laguerta of all people would be the one to figure out Dexter's secret:comeon:, but the way they handled her death?:dwillhuh: Don't forget, Deb's gun killed her, how the f*ck they explain that?:wtf:
lol thats true, but hey Angel probably said that Maria ran into her bullet, no foul bro. Vince and Quinn didn't bother to investigate and in Miamia when a high ranking latina police department member gets killed it is all good bro.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Patrolman pull 6 figures in Boston after 5 years. And that's with no rank and very little overtime and detail work.

SMH @ these noobs thinking 6 figures is some kind of fantasy life. Some Massachusetts school districts have teachers averaging 80k-100k a year. Dexter making $100k as a lab analyst/forensics expert is definitely a possibility.

only 6percent of americans make over 100k

and is that so about patrolmen in boston?

http://www.cityofboston.gov/Images_...Employee Earns Report CY2012_2_tcm3-36349.pdf

heres a list of salaries of every cop in boston

they are capped the ones who get over 100k is due to mega overtme

Daniel.

Daps

Fair points across the board. Respect. :yeshrug:

Daniel.

Daps

Wasn't the story with that Dexter would stab her where she was shot to take out the evidence of the gunshot? Pretty sure it was something along those lines.