OFFICIAL DEXTER FINAL SEASON THREAD

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wasn't the story with that Dexter would stab her where she was shot to take out the evidence of the gunshot? Pretty sure it was something along those lines.

Really?
695.gif

Those writers just stopped trying.
1029.gif

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wasn't the story with that Dexter would stab her where she was shot to take out the evidence of the gunshot? Pretty sure it was something along those lines.

Quinn explained it during the episode where Deb tried to confess :dead:. Dexter set it up so that it looked like Laguerta and ol boy shot each other and then fudged his report to support that story.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I stopped watching after season 6 but I always felt like the ending of Season 4 was perfect to set up Dexter's demise. This is the short version of a more lengthy post I once made on how the show should've ended:

After Trinity, Dexter wouldn't be able to keep up his secret anymore as investigations into Rita's death and his connection to Trinity's family became exposed. Deb is the first to put all the pieces together and confronts him, and Dex temporarily convinces her to back off. With the noose tightening around his neck he leaves a dvd in a box for Deb before going out on a final kill, where he ends up forcing Deb (who's trying to stop him) to kill him. After it's all over, she finds the dvd, and plays it, but we don't see what's on it.

Then we cut to years later, a retired Deb living out of town with a now adolescent Harrison saying he's going out. At dinner time Deb goes to call him, but discovers that he's been killing animals in the woods. She runs back to the house shocked leaving Harrison behind. When he later reluctantly returns to the house, he finds Dev in the attic watching the dvd. It's Dexter talking about the code of Harry, going into detail of why he did the things he did and how Harry saved him with his lessons. Deb pauses the dvd, and Harrison apologizes for what he's done and says he'll accept whatever punishment she bestows on him. She hesitates, looks at the paused image of an intense Dexter, then proclaims she has no punishment to bestow on him, only a lesson, and pushes play on the remote. The circle is full.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
@TheGodling That shiit you came up is wack :laugh:

Season 8 should have never happened, it was all filler because only about 20 minutes of season 8 mattered.

They did season 8 for the casual fan, and really added all type of plots to fill 12 episodes.

They dropped the ball on the Debra storyline, they did a really good job in season 7, and then went too brazzy with it in season 8.

They really dropped the ball on the Vogel storyline, who gives a damn about her long lost son who never blinks. It had potential.

Miami Metro was irrelevant in season 8, too.

But the ending was good as hell, he never got what he wanted and decided to stop trying.

Easily one of my favorite shows, two weak seasons with #6 and #8, but I'm happy otherwise.

Francis White

i been away to long, my feeling died.
Daps
Reppin
New York, New York
@TheGodling That shiit you came up is wack :laugh:

Season 8 should have never happened, it was all filler because only about 20 minutes of season 8 mattered.

They did season 8 for the casual fan, and really added all type of plots to fill 12 episodes.

They dropped the ball on the Debra storyline, they did a really good job in season 7, and then went too brazzy with it in season 8.

They really dropped the ball on the Vogel storyline, who gives a damn about her long lost son who never blinks. It had potential.

Miami Metro was irrelevant in season 8, too.

But the ending was good as hell, he never got what he wanted and decided to stop trying.

Easily one of my favorite shows, two weak seasons with #6 and #8, but I'm happy otherwise.
Godling story made way more sense than what you talking about, ending good as hell? You posted all this stuff about Dex evolving and changing and how he grew as a character , well settling in the woods a recluse is changing? Giving up your only son to live with a serial killer, throwing Deb in the ocean and totally giving up the code is good tv? Let's face it Trinity was a far better killer than Dex could ever be. Never captured with a family and a secret daughter who was successful in her own right. Arthur followed his code for 40 something years hiding in plain site with a business and family. You say they did season 8 for the causal fan ? You mean for the money ? Only Michael C Hall will be working again in the near future. The rest of that cast with the exception of Angel being typecast as a Spanish cop or criminal will ever be on screen again . Season 5 should have been Dex getting exposed and the manhunt for him, season six his capture or escape with the show ending .