OFFICIAL DEXTER FINAL SEASON THREAD

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So where does everybody think Harrison is exactly?
images

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
This show became one of the worst on television

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
:beli:.. The reason this show will never be on BB level is it evolving/ taking risks after season 4

The other reason is BB won't have the chance to fall off. Eight seasons was too long of a run. Ending the show on Season 4 would have been perfect, but I still think we'd have a much better feeling about it had it been extended into a 5th season. Imagine Dexter with the same first four seasons and moving Season 7 to Season 5 and ending it with Deb shooting LaGuerta. We'd be having a much different conversation.

I'm pissed at the fall this show took, but it was a good run overall. :salute: :to:

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
This was so awful. I can't find words to describe this atrocity.

I can understand writers running out of ideas, giving up and just taking easy money in the last couple of seasons. But these dudes had the nerve to keep him alive (concealing his true identity) and giving him a blank slate hoping for a possibility of a spin-off/movie after the shyt-show they put on this season.

I don't know what's worse:
-Absolving Dexter of all the guilt
-Crazy story-lines that come and go out of nowhere
  • Deb tries to kill Dexter, cut to two of them having a beer next episode
  • Masuka's daughter
  • Saxon just showing up out of nowhere as Dr. Vogel's son
  • The kid (I forgot his name that's how memorable and important to this season he was) Dexter was training
  • Quinn's promotion
-Telegraphing shyt that's gonna happen either to justify it or writers think people are retarded.
  • Harrison hopping on the treadmill the first time (of course setting up the fact that he'll get back on it later, that doesn't make that scene any less of a disgrace).
  • Quinn and Deb getting all lovey-dovey (of course we knew she was getting popped after all that happily-ever-after bullshyt).
  • Harrison hugging up on Hannah telling Dexter how he really loves her ... come on breh, him liking Hannah doesn't change the fact that Dexter leaves his son alone with a killer 'in order to protect him'.

What was worse brehs, Harrison on the treadmill, Dexter tying up Saxon and then calling up Deb to arrest him or Hannah walking around Miami without any disguise, stepping off the yacht/hitting up a club looking like a super model and later on when everyone is looking for her strolling into a hospital without even putting a half-assed wig on?

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
yo im :laff: at how Dexter carries a dead body out of the hospital floor, into his boat with no one gving the slightest observation

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
Oh and :pacspit: all you nikkas bringing up breaking bad in this thread, its two completely different shows, you cant compare them..

You're right.. one is the best show on TV that's going out in it's prime while the other turned out to be a complete failure with some of the worst writing on TV that's stayed on the air 5 years longer than it should have just so it can milk every last dollar out of it's audience that it's continuously let down.

130922235848-emmy-winner-breaking-bad-horizontal-gallery.jpg

Vince Gilligan and the good folks at BB coming for that back to back Emmy win next year :wow:

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
some of these responses :whew:

insane, this shyt clearly wasn't for a lot of you :whew:

"the fukk i care about his emotions?" after 8 seasons of watching this dude grow from cutthroat, cold blooded, logical killer that says "i wanna live in a post apocalyptic world where i dont have to pretend any more" to having a child and actually giving a fukk about people :whew:

Are you one of the writers? Wow Frasier, that was really a tough finale that is so hard to understand. fukk outta here. The point is they focused on the man's emotions which according to you were what kept the show going, his evolution from monster to man. But he's still killing in Season 8, so if they wanted that to be the focus point they could have ended the shyt a couple of seasons earlier. I think the viewers were far more interested in the fact that Dexter is always walkin' on that thin line and that eventually his dark passenger would lead him to a downfall - he would either get caught by the law or he would find a monster superior to him and beat him. Or they could make a fairytale with him and Hannah, both serial killlers, living happily ever after.

This ending is on some pretencious shyt, and just because you think it's that this angle is satisfying, doesn't mean that it's actually good.