OFFICIAL DEXTER FINAL SEASON THREAD

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
some of these responses :whew:

insane, this shyt clearly wasn't for a lot of you :whew:

"the fukk i care about his emotions?" after 8 seasons of watching this dude grow from cutthroat, cold blooded, logical killer that says "i wanna live in a post apocalyptic world where i dont have to pretend any more" to having a child and actually giving a fukk about people :whew:

i feel like one of them snide ass reviewers, but based on some of these responses its apparent yall flat out didn't get the story that was told and ultimately finished last night :whew:

"open-ended, not satisfying" - a finale that answered the ultimate question asked throughout EVERY SEASON OF DEXTER - can i be a killer and live a normal life. is it possible? no, it's not because your destructive activities hurt those around you"

Couple of problems with this

1. The 2nd to last episode clearly showed that Dexter no longer needed to be a killer. He evolved to a point where he wanted a life with Hannah and Harrison and that need to kill no longer existed. No more dark passenger, no more Harry.
2. The only times Dexter's other life hurt those around him was when he didn't kill people, ex. Trinity, Doomsday, Brain Surgeon. If Dexter had either a. killed those people when he had a chance and b. Not let serial killers know who his real identity and the fact that he kills other serial killers, he nor his family would ever have been in danger.

If the writers were going to go the route they went they should have done a scene where Dexter is back on the prowl stalking some lowlife once again succumbing to his "dark passenger". Instead they show him sitting in a freaking log cabin while his son is raised by someone who tried to kill his Aunt back in the day.:snoop:

Dexter riding out into the storm and dying would have also have been better, but instead they have him survive on the off chance they can do some harebrained spin-off later.:birdman:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
but ultimately it wasn't possible because he was already bogged down in the shyt. while it's true that the irony of everything is that no one would be hurt if he just killed them when he had the chance, the same would be true if he just turned them in when he had the chance. his need and curiosity to learn from others and ultimately being involved in the life he was in always put his family at risk and while it happened repeatedly (playing around with ITK, fukking with Lila, befriending Trinity, etc.) he never learned the lesson until after the fact when it was all too late. that's ultimately the lesson learned. i tried to balance killing and normalcy and i kept endangering people and even when i tried not to, i still got people hurt; hence staying away from people completely. living a life where my actions can't negatively impact anyone. it's simultaneously a lesson learned, the ultimate consequence and sacrifice on his part.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
lets be real if dex was doing all this it would have been better to give harrison to jamie

your trusting your son to be raised by frigging hanna mckay? a murderer?

lol at having a tranquilzer on a bus, wha tkind of inept airport security is out there?

harrison not even asking where his dad is?

:wtf:

lol at murdering a dude in cold blood in a police station and there just like :manny:, he deserved it you can go :heh:

the whole masuka daughter storyline :heh:, jamie going away to culinary school or something :heh:. Saxon killed a us marshall the marshalls would have taken control of him instantly

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
surface level watchers see "lumberjack" and make memes and lol

others see, recluse that lost everything and goes into self imposed exile out of guilt for all of the lives he destroyed.

its whatever :yeshrug:

so why not just kill yourself?

puzzy ass dexter

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
if you have nothing to live for and dont even care about your son or the women who "never made you felt this way before"

hes staying away from hannah and his son BECAUSE he cares for them. he sees what all of his actions did to deb, rita and everyone else and felt like he deserved to be punished. living with his regret is infinitely worse than death.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
hes staying away from hannah and his son BECAUSE he cares for them. he sees what all of his actions did to deb, rita and everyone else and felt like he deserved to be punished. living with his regret is infinitely worse than death.

:heh:
you mean his soft ass heart letting murderers live.

It's amazing how no one pondered that dexter died but what about harrison :heh:, was harrison on the boat?

what about cody and astor? their grandparents are :flabbynsick:

we all know hanna prob put some poison in harrisons drink, and is out at the club right now

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
hes staying away from hannah and his son BECAUSE he cares for them.
Isn't caring for Harrison sending him to his grandparents so he can be with his brother and sister :dwillhuh:

Having him live with a killer makes sense how? Living with one sociopath is a :whoa: but living with another is :ehh:? Didn't she try to kill Deb more than once?

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
yall some trolls man :snoop:
you live in bizarro world breh

i don't think you're trying to troll, but you've succeeded despite yourself

boardwalk-empire-season-4-valentin-narcisse.jpg