OFFICIAL DEXTER FINAL SEASON THREAD

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Having just caught up with the last two episodes right now.....What the fukk did I just watch?

I'm literally sad right now thinking back at how we went through the greatness that season 1-2, the piff that was season 3-4(4 more than 3), the "meh" 5th season, the trash that was season 6(still haven't seen it all properly, couldn't stomach it):pacspit:, the small bounce back we had in season 7, an now this season :what:.

I got to rewatch these last two because I can't even process what went down right now. It's like they picked up the writers from the horrible seasons of Weeds....which was more than half of the seasons. I forget what shytty writers and show runners they picked up a few years ago and the shows they came from. Maybe it was 24, which is funny because they also had a :trash: season 6 that was only good until they dropped the nuke in LA.

I'm slapping the shyt out of my brother next time he's in town for getting me into the show years ago about a month before the second season started. He's actually enjoyed all of it.:dahell:

I'm actually kind of relieved that the show is finally over so we can finally stop the hurt.

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
And if he was going to bounce, the least he could have done was leave Harrison with his real parent, Jamie.
xzbitlol.png

i always thought it was funny the amount of work she put in as a babysitter
i was like wtf :why:this bytch better be getting paid at least $100K a year or something

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
So, how did Saxon cut out that vet's tongue, and stab him right in front of a hospital that has a half-dozen cops chilling 20 feet away? At the very least, once Saxon pulled that scalpel out, the guy should've opened the door (which was facing the towards the cops) and yelled out for help.
Or yelled out of pain.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
That was another little thing..Dexter and Jamie were like sister and brother too..he's been taking care of that girl a long damn time. LOL. She's basically Harrison's second mother.

Trapped

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ya'll take this show seriously, it has been filled with unrealistic shyt since episode 1 as far as time, travel, the 20% solve rate of Miami homicide, quinn withering away and his hair getting worse by the season

At least they got rid of that awful spectral shine when harry is on screen.

Season 3 is still the weakest

Don't know why but LOL at the bolded text...:lolbron:

As far as the ending goes - this whole "leave it to the viewer to guess" type of ending sucks. Same shyt happened to "The Sopranos" and now you have people overanalyzing shyt instead of just showing how Tony gets popped. Open endings can be cool but they have to leave enough room for the viewer to come to the most logical conclusion.

Dexter ended with him sitting in a room...the fukk do I care about his emotions?! :trash:

ThePsydeFX

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
How selfish could Dexter's bytch as be taking the body to sea like that. I seen the spoiler pics of it but I thought it was gonna be a completely different situation. This dude stole the body like nobody else had love for her and now they probably won't be able to properly mourn for her.

:mindblown:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
some of these responses :whew:

insane, this shyt clearly wasn't for a lot of you :whew:

"the fukk i care about his emotions?" after 8 seasons of watching this dude grow from cutthroat, cold blooded, logical killer that says "i wanna live in a post apocalyptic world where i dont have to pretend any more" to having a child and actually giving a fukk about people :whew:

i feel like one of them snide ass reviewers, but based on some of these responses its apparent yall flat out didn't get the story that was told and ultimately finished last night :whew:

"open-ended, not satisfying" - a finale that answered the ultimate question asked throughout EVERY SEASON OF DEXTER - can i be a killer and live a normal life. is it possible? no, it's not because your destructive activities hurt those around you" giving this show a dark twist and a tragic ending and making you as the viewer, ultimately, question your own moral compass (another theme of the show) by actually feeling bad for a man that, at his core was a serial killer because you wanted to see him redeemed. something that ultimately can and should make you question how black/white things are in this world. but nah, he got a stupid beard and chops wood now, these writers are so goddamn lazy and unoriginal he shoulda got the chair and then we coulda seen doakes say "surprise motherfukker!" one last time in his final moments of life so the fans could go :gladbron:, right?" :whew:

shytting on him for leaving his son with hannah, who was constantly painted as a killer by necessity, that WANTED children and a family life, as if having dexter there wouldve been MORE appropriate - get raised by two murderers instead of one, brehs :whew:

id kill (don't ask me how) to hear how some of you wouldve ended the show, given the creative direction of the show, without changing any of the elements in place. hell, id kill to hear what youd do different period, with all of the elements of the show in place, arranged however you wanted from season to season. ill post my own at some point. :whew:

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
They shouldn't have aired this along breaking bad imo

I think that is making me dislike it so much more. I go from :blessed: to :scusthov: whenever I watch it afterward.

I try to not even compare shows to Breaking Bad anymore. That is such a superior show to anything else currently on that it is unfair. Dexter was/is on the same level as Mad Men for me. Dexter has fallen from grace ........Season 8 was fully weak....Meanwhile, what Vince Gilligan has done with the final season of Breaking Bad is really unprecedented - this is not only the greatest final season of any of these shows, but maybe the best TV ever broadcast :blessed:

EDIT : Glad the show is finally over. On to Homeland :myman:

For jokes check out this jeered in depth review of the final episode - http://www.avclub.com/articles/remember-the-monsters,102659/

The Dexter team outdid itself. Some folks would say “This show is as shytty as it can possibly be, so now we can rest on our laurels.” But not Scott Buck and his team. They never stop striving to create the most offensively stupid show on television. And look, if that was the objective here, a slow clap is in order.
:russ::lolbron::pachaha:

Last edited: