OFFICIAL DEXTER FINAL SEASON THREAD

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Dexter did the right thing by going away. He realized that every woman he loves or gets involved with always ends up dead. He seems to be cursed. Vogel, Deb, his wife, the lady next door, his mother. Dude has decided to become a recluse and made the best decision to go into exile. Although Dexter Morgan is "dead", its clear he is still a killer and the monster is still very much alive. He is not really Dexter Morgan anyway, its fitting that he shed that cover life he'd been raised with.

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
If someone who had never seen Dexter asked me about it, I'd probably tell them to watch it anyway. At least the first four seasons.

It was entertaining enough. I'll just leave it at that.

As far as everyone goes that followed the show for the past few seasons on here and the old site, it's been fun.

This season definitely hasn't lived up to the hype, but I still watched it and enjoyed it to a degree like spending time with a loved one whom you know is about to pass away......:troll::wow:

Ari Gold Bawse

The Bawse of all Bosses
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
omg that was terrible. :camby:

i just watched it and im laughing at how bad it is.

hey im going to leave my kid with a serial killer and not go live a fun life with them in argentina. i would rather fake my death and chop trees for a living

WTF :mindblown:

i remember the great 1-4 seasons. gasping louder than ever seeing rita dead in the bath.

could never of imagined a show so solid fall off so bad.

i stopped watching weeds halfway through season 4 when i realised it had got shyt and was dragging on

wish i did the same with dexter after season 4.

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
Wow these last few seasons were so horrible and this finale just added to it. Part of it was that they completely failed to build any tension or suspense for the finale. There was no real threat or any real conflict that they made us care about seeing resolved. Not to mention that they just completely stopped giving a damn about realism. Before there were times were you had to suspend your disbelief to a degree. But Dexter just unplugging her from the machines and no one in the hospital reacts at all. He kills dude in the visit and it's basically met with a shrug. He runs his boat into a hurricane to fake his death and somehow escapes unscathed. Leaves his son with a serial killer so that he doesn't ruin his life?

Part of the conflict everyone waited to see watching the show was how everyone reacted to finding out who Dexter really was. If not what was the point of the coworkers besides being pointless filler. Not to mention with it being the final season the amount of time wasted on pointless storylines that had absolutely no affect on the story being told.

Of all shows compared to Breaking Bad this one is the most fitting. Compare how tightly written the final season is so that every minute of screen time ties into the overall narrative to how much time Dexter has wasted. Only reason it even upsets me so much is that everytime it seemed they were headed in an interesting direction they would just immediately kill that story line off with an unsatisfying conclusion.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Sh!t was awful...the entire final season was just complete trash, the final episode I felt embarrassed for the people involved in the show and myself for watching this bullshyt every sunday...I should have pulled the plug permenantly after that Harrison and the treadmill fukkery...they literally just ran out of sh!t to do this season and had purely throwaway storylines like Masuka and his daughter that served absolutely ZERO purpose but to randomly waste time during episodes :heh: ... Hannah popping out of nowhere 3/4th of the way through the season for the worst "on the run fugitive" storyline maybe ever in the history of american recorded media...after walking around wily nilly in MIA for however long she was supposed to be there, ole boy catches her and she effortlessly stabs him with horse tranquilizer on a crowded greyhound bus...Dexter stabbing the final bad guy of the series in the neck in the station and everybody just going :manny: ...the shyt with deb in the hospital...Dexter backstroking his way back miles away from the coast in the middle of a hurricane...the lumberjack scene :mindblown: ...sh!t literally just seemed like they just tacked that on there months after production ended because they couldn't think of anything better...they couldn't even get the actor that played Harry to make one final appearance to suggest that Dexter is still killing...just a horrible ending to what ended up becoming a horrible show

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I would love to know how the actors felt about this season

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
can't decide what's worse - dexter escaping a hurricane with his ridiculous upper body strength or that gang of serial killers with absolutely zero motive led by the world's most famous motivational speaker

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
wack ass finale

i work at a hospital so all the shyt that went down at the end was downright hilarious
couldnt take it serious for 1 second

its like the writers didnt even try

Uh Oh

Bake 'em away, toys
Daps
So, how did Saxon cut out that vet's tongue, and stab him right in front of a hospital that has a half-dozen cops chilling 20 feet away? At the very least, once Saxon pulled that scalpel out, the guy should've opened the door (which was facing the towards the cops) and yelled out for help.

Daps
Reppin
Pittsburgh
That was so bad. Just so unsatisfying, no closure given, no excitement, nothing. I had always noticed the drop off of the last few seasons.. but this season was downright torture to get through. 5, 6 and 7 were still entertaining. Nothing about this season was good. I found myself bored out of my mind not paying attention most of the time during the Finale, and that's awful for a show that was once my favorite on TV. This season almost brings a negative feeling to me about the first four seasons that's how bad it is. I don't think I'd be able to enjoy re watching past seasons at least for a while without being reminded of this extremely pathetic finale and final season in general.

Last edited:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Man, its sad to watch this season and see how fall this show has fallen off.:snoop: The finale was horrible as expected and left the viewer completely unsatisfied. :flabbynsick:Those who think the ending was good because, he “suffered” for all of the horrible things he’s done are missing something. As viewers we like Dexter. He’s actually a good guy. He loves his family, he’s become a good friend and co-worker. He only kills bad guys, people who should be in jail anyway. He’s responsible for LaGuerta’s death, but she was a horrible person who everyone was glad to see get got. As anti-heroes go, Dex was definitely deserving of a happy ending. He wasn’t Vic Mackey,Tony Soprano or Walter White. Everybody who watched the show rooted for him. We didn't want to see him get caught or killed or suffer in the end, because we didn't think he deserved it.

Now that the season is over its mind boggling how stupid 90% of it was and this episode was a shining example.

:what:at absolutely pointless characters like Masuka’s daughter and the random black cop who disappeared after she got her promotion.:pachaha:

The “evacuation” of apparently only a select few people (Hannah and Harrison) from a hurricane that NOBODY else seemed to be concerned about. Hell, the airport was still open and only closed because Dexter :troll:security.

Saxton shoots Deb and gets away. He’s now a wanted fugitive with his face all over the news. Instead of hopping on an evacuation bus to Jacksonville and going after Deb later, he decides to walk into the heavily guarded hospital where they’re keeping her to “finish” the job.:dwillhuh: And despite the previous 8 seasons to the contrary, Dexter is just as dumb, because that’s where he goes to “find” him. Never thought they would have a worse villain than Tom Hanks son.:wow:

Angel finally does something right and catches Saxton, perhaps his high point of the series.:youngsabo: Of course 45 minutes later we have his low point.

Angel- “But Dex, you don’t even work here anymore?”:dwillhuh:

Dex- “Actually I’m still on the payroll until the end of the week so…”

Angel-:ohhh:“Yeah, that makes sense. You should leave the country now. I can’t imagine anybody else would want to talk to you about this.”:ld:

Quinn-:manny:

Last week, Lem had apparently gotten a warrant to search Deb’s apartment. Unfortunately he couldn’t send Elray a fed or two to help canvass the airport. I guess they were all busy helping with the evacuation.:patrice: Actually now that I think about it why the f*ck was he still following Deb anyway?:ufdup: Elray knew what flight they were leaving on and apparently it was scheduled to leave shortly after Deb got shot. (Dex left Saxton and went straight to the airport.)

Dex vs. the hurricane:deadmanny:

Hannah- “I can leave for Argentina now and you guys can meet up with me later. You know like we should have done 5 episodes ago.”

Dex- “No, I can’t bear to be without you, not even for a few days.”

2 hours later

Dex- “To the bushes with that broad and my son.”:piss:

And the logic behind his self imposed exile is cringe worthy. Last week they were clear that Dexter no longer had the impulse to kill. His love for Hannah had replaced it. If he’s not killing people he’s not a danger to anybody. And if he was going to bounce, the least he could have done was leave Harrison with his real parent, Jamie.
w9ehck.gif
:whew:

Horrible ending to a once smart and entertaining show.:rip: