OFFICIAL DEXTER FINAL SEASON THREAD

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
That finale reminds me a lot of that Scrubs finale where everybody that had an impact on JD's life (guest stars after guest stars, and dead characters appearing) showed up to give JD a farewell when he left Sacred Hart Hospital.

And I liked that ending, I thought it was awesome that they did all of that, it actually gave closure... this in no way gives anyone closure!!!

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
0538_6ece2.gif

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
And I liked that ending, I thought it was awesome that they did all of that, it actually gave closure... this in no way gives anyone closure!!!

Yeah, Scrubs did good with it's closing. I've got nothing against open and ambiguous endings but Dexter fukked all the up all it did was gave me this empty feeling on top of feeling like I wasted a lot of time. I think I'm gonna watch the recent BE ep and some other shows to shake that shyt off lol.

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
Sigh............I just watched this week's penultimate episode and dear God is it boring, and these dialogues with Dexter's dad Harry are just painful. At that point I was hoping the final episode ends with every character on the show being crushed by a giant meteor that strikes Miami :blessed:

Followed that by watching the Finale & all I gotta say is Fuccccck you, "writers".

Here's a recap of the finale for those who don't want to bother sitting through the BS :stopitslime:

Hannah and Harrison are living in Argentina together.

Deb is dead after Dexter pulled the plug on her while she was on life support and dumped her before heading into the hurricane.

Batista sees Dexter kill Saxon, and that he planned it, but he's so dumb he can't see it. He probably goes on to be the Chief of Police because his stupidity would be a good choice to run that organization.

Nothing really happens with Quinn, he was just upset that Deb was on life support.

Nothing came of Masuka and his Daughter.

Nothing came of Matthews.

Dexter is living alone as a lumberjack after faking his death/surviving driving his boat into the middle of a hurricane.

The following is how Clyde Phillips (showrunner for seasons 1-4 who was BRILLIANT with story plot direction) wanted it to end.

In the very last scene of the series," Philips explained, "Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream.' And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream.' Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery. "And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he's arguably responsible for, Rita, who he's arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there. "That's what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we've seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter's execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
Fitting end to the show Dexter all alone spending the rest of his days by himself. R.I. fukking P. to Deb :to:

I feel like this ending should have been done much earlier, and the other ending by Phillips of him being executed is horrible.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
that was the tip of the :beli: iceberg. I can't believe they ended the show like that, what a fall from grace.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
wow....these writers fukked up one of the potential goats...sigh. That's it? after all these years....that's it? The show had a lot of dope memories, especially from the earlier seasons. I'm upset Deb had to go out like that, really wished she lived after all the shyt she went through...

Why did they end it like this?

fukk

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
RE Your last sentence: I get it, you held strong for the show. I respect your loyalty and dedication. Myself, and many many other fans of the show, can't get past how blatantly stupid the writers have played the viewer for the past 2-3 seasons. I can't break it down for you either.

It's not holding strong for the show or loyalty. I watch this episode and I see the responses and it's like I'm watching a completely different show from half of you. The same people lauding Phillip's ending are the same people saying the show fell off and to me it's ridiculous. The show, in its entirety, especially after seeing the ending, has never been about catching Dexter. People watching this were waiting for the big reveal and while it would've been interesting and a story that was obvious to dangle for the audience, it's obvious that this was never what the show was about or what the writers intended to do. It was meant to watch the tragic journey of a very flawed person and to see if, to quote Michael C Hall's corny ass analogy, whether or not he could "have his cake and eat it too". It's the overarching theme of the entire series - "you can't be a killer and a hero, it doesn't work that way", the repetition of how he cannot live life straddling both sides. It's why people continued to die around him, why he constantly lived life on the fringe trying to make it both work and constantly being burned for it. And what was the end result? He couldn't. He paid the price for trying to do both. A price much worse than electric chair or lethal injection - an existence where he finally feels EVERYTHING he's ever wanted and now it's nothing but guilt and loneliness. He's regressed to living alone like he thought he always wanted, without anyone. THAT is what the show was ultimately about as far as I can see and makes the finale depressing, tragic and satisfying.

NOW, was it all executed as well as it could've been? No. There were plenty of :stopitslime: moments in the process; but that's for every season! Everyone romanticizing the first 4 seasons, but people don't bring up Dexter magically getting from Arthur's house to the back of Arthur's brand new, straight out the lot car in record time in season 4. They don't mention him leaving a warehouse surrounded with cops, stories in the air, with a broken arm, to get back in time for his wedding in season 3. They don't mention him finding Lila by going out of the country and never being questioned about it. There were plenty of those moments in the first 4 seasons that cause you to scratch your head and fill in the blanks but it doesn't ultimately take away from the show.

And ya'll obviously don't have to like it. I just don't understand some of the reasons behind it because a lot of what's happened has been laid down throughout the seasons. :yeshrug:

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
It was meant to watch the tragic journey of a very flawed person

Basically.

This was the whole point of him talking to Harry and trying to be normal.

Season 7 was so good, because he was not really chasing any villains. Viktor and Hannah felt like people he met along the way and the story flowed much better. That's why season 8 felt like a cluster fukk, because at this point who really cared about villains.

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
I thought the episode was actually pretty good compared to the rest of the season. Deb dying that was was pretty messed up, I definitely felt some type of way. It ended without any real closure though, just glad it's over show became one of the worst shows the last two seasons. Miguel prado the GOAT law abiding Cuban officer is turning in his grave right now :sadcam:

GulfCoastGhost

No more snow
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/Sarasota
Ya'll take this show seriously, it has been filled with unrealistic shyt since episode 1 as far as time, travel, the 20% solve rate of Miami homicide, quinn withering away and his hair getting worse by the season

At least they got rid of that awful spectral shine when harry is on screen.

Season 3 is still the weakest

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Sigh............I just watched this week's penultimate episode and dear God is it boring, and these dialogues with Dexter's dad Harry are just painful. At that point I was hoping the final episode ends with every character on the show being crushed by a giant meteor that strikes Miami :blessed:

Followed that by watching the Finale & all I gotta say is Fuccccck you, "writers".

Here's a recap of the finale for those who don't want to bother sitting through the BS :stopitslime:

Hannah and Harrison are living in Argentina together.

Deb is dead after Dexter pulled the plug on her while she was on life support and dumped her before heading into the hurricane.

Batista sees Dexter kill Saxon, and that he planned it, but he's so dumb he can't see it. He probably goes on to be the Chief of Police because his stupidity would be a good choice to run that organization.

Nothing really happens with Quinn, he was just upset that Deb was on life support.

Nothing came of Masuka and his Daughter.

Nothing came of Matthews.

Dexter is living alone as a lumberjack after faking his death/surviving driving his boat into the middle of a hurricane.

The following is how Clyde Phillips (showrunner for seasons 1-4 who was BRILLIANT with story plot direction) wanted it to end.
:whoo: now that wouldve been a much better ending then what they gave us

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
If someone who had never seen Dexter asked me about it, I'd probably tell them to watch it anyway. At least the first four seasons.

It was entertaining enough. I'll just leave it at that.

As far as everyone goes that followed the show for the past few seasons on here and the old site, it's been fun.