OFFICIAL DEXTER FINAL SEASON THREAD

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Not to add on to the hate, but really like who was directing this season? Dudes having Dexter narrate unnecessarily. They ain't even try anything different to end it in an interesting way. How about have Dexter not narrate til the very end or not at all?

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dexter had a series finale that hardly anybody noticed. I remember that show was popular at one point and deservedly so. A once good show will be remembered as one of the worst tv dramas of all time. So long, Dex :camby:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Complete garbage that was an insult to anybody who was a fan of the show. It's obvious everybody gave up after Trinity. They should have ended it there.

This final season of Dexter is bizzaro breaking bad.

Blaze007

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll give my opinion on this episode later

But for now I'm just glad that Hannah Lives :blessed:

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I thought it was a good finale. I've been wanting to see Deb dead for years and by the time it happened, it was actually kinda sad :ohhh:

Dexter dying would've been too easy. He had real emotions now. Now, he's gotta live with the guilt of all the lives he destroyed and the pain of knowing he can never be near any of the ones he loves for the fear of causing harm to them too.

He became The Incredible Hulk :wow:

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
This shyt is terrible, not because it wasnt the ending i wanted but because it was weak and out of character. Dexter's 4 or so plotlines get dropped for no rhyme or reason effectively making half of every episode in this season, filler of the worst kind. I mean these fukks went out of their way to fukk this shyt up. They could've wrote like the hacks they are and gave Dex a bright and shiny, freedom filled ending but no. Or they could've went the lazy route and make Dex kill himself, can't hurt no one that way:rudy:

They write him out of character making him a deadbeat dad. Dex excuse is that people around him always die and get hurt.....:dwillhuh::patrice:Dont ppl tend to die around Hannah? Aint the feds after this hoe? Dont she win her arguments by poisoning folks? This the bytch he thinks tired to kill Deb and this nikka drops his son in her lap and sends them off to a Narco State:dahell:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I know right?

They didn't even try.

Well the gimmick was that it was an evacuation and that was the distraction. We've seen worse in MULTIPLE other shows....Omar outsmarting the lawyer in the Wire is kind of ABSURD when you think about it but it's just part of the gimmick.

As for the ending....he leaves it all. Alone. Final. Over. Like a true anti social. Fitting for a serial killer who left nothing but blood and bodies in his wake.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
*Goes to AVClub to see the grade for this episode, expecting to see an F*

* Sees giant F*

*Becomes satisfied*

Yup. Fuck this show now and forever. One of the steepest declines in quality any major TV show has ever taken. In fact, the fact that Weeds and Dexter (both Showtime shows) both got a lot worse the further they got makes me worry a lot about Homeland.

It was nowhere near that bad...ya'll making seem like it was the second half Martin Season 5. LOL. He wasn't gonna get a happy ending....just wasn't gonna add up. The most evil shyt he did was try to kill Maria at the end of Season 6 and Debra took the blood on her hands. Season 7 had alot of quotables between them both. This was more about the escape and trying to start over with little angles and obstacles tossed in the way.

im glad this show is done :pacspit:

doakes made this show. then it went to shyt. wasted so many hours watchin

Doakes didn't make the show..he was just much smarter than the entire Miami metro. Lila was the one who almost got away with it and Dexter being able to track her at the end was KIND of ridiculous if you wanna get technical about it.
how the fukk did dex ditch his boat to fake his death and manage to get out of a hurricane?

also i like how dexter morgan, typical forensic investigator who doesn't approve of criminals, can somehow snare fake passports and presumably stolen social security info to get a job as a lumberjack on some "i know a guy" shyt
:pachaha:
show is so goddamn bad :pachaha:

He's been doing Batman shyt since ep 1. LOL.

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
BTW..now that this is ALL OVER..one more time: What was the point of Quinn simping and get played by that pretty Russian stripper last season? He didn't fukk..she wanted him to pay for the transmission bills...he got her out..and that was that. She wasn't likable or necessary but she played him like a true bytch and kept it moving like she was the pimp of the year:laugh:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
2iav9xj.gif

How I felt after the finale. My fault for keeping up with it out of some false sense of hope that the show would get better. I should have stayed away like I said I would after season 6...

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was terrible. It was such a struggle to get through the episode.

As I said earlier, they would have been better off bringing back Doakes in some crazy unrealistic way. It would have been way more entertaining than what they ended up with. It was all about money anyway

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
Clyde phillips(showrunner for season 1-4) released his ending of the show that he was gonna pitch right after the ep ended

"In the very last scene of the series," Philips explained, "Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream.' And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream.' Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery
"And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he's arguably responsible for, Rita, who he's arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there.
"That's what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we've seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter's execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion.":to:
:to:

WHY THE fukk DIDN'T THIS HAPPEN?

This is what I wanted to be the ending for YEARS.... @threattonature can verify that because we talked about possible endings for years and how the final scene would be him in the electric chair and when the mask goes over his eyes it all goes black.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
This is what I wanted to be the ending for YEARS.... @threattonature can verify that because we talked about possible endings for years and how the final scene would be him in the electric chair and when the mask goes over his eyes it all goes black.

That finale reminds me a lot of that Scrubs finale where everybody that had an impact on JD's life (guest stars after guest stars, and dead characters appearing) showed up to give JD a farewell when he left Sacred Hart Hospital.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
2iav9xj.gif

How I felt after the finale. My fault for keeping up with it out of some false sense of hope that the show would get better. I should have stayed away like I said I would after season 6...

I watched it same as I watched Weeds and the garbage final 3 seasons... just because I had an emotional investment in the characters so I watched it out to give me closure... which I didn't get OBVIOUSLY!!! This ending was horrible, I had read the ending 2 weeks ago and I said it then that it was horrible. So many things wrong with the ending so this is what I will leave it at...

dexter-surprise.gif