OFFICIAL DEXTER FINAL SEASON THREAD

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It looked like they were at least trying in this episode. It was decent I guess. I want to keep hating, but at least it was somewhat enjoyable. I'll appreciate like 2/3 of the series more. It just felt like there was a lack of focus. Makes me want to envision how everything should've played out lol.

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
Clyde phillips(showrunner for season 1-4) released his ending of the show that he was gonna pitch right after the ep ended

"In the very last scene of the series," Philips explained, "Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream.' And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream.' Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery
"And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he's arguably responsible for, Rita, who he's arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there.
"That's what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we've seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter's execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion.":to:
:to:

WHY THE fukk DIDN'T THIS HAPPEN?

cliche ass shyt.the OBVIOUS ending to a show about a serial killer hiding in plain sight is him eventually being caught and being executed OR escaping the country and livin life on the run like hannibal lectar and shyt. finally accepting his part in all of the damage he's caused, being accountable for it and living a life as a recluse to punish himself for his actions? better than either of them from a storytelling stand point, particularly considering he's been getting away with all the shyt he's done over the past 8 seasons without ever truly feeling the consequences of his actions.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Technically she wasn't dead. Brain dead with the hope of one day making some degree of recovery.

Masuka getting to know his daughter for 35 seconds to a minute per episode had nothing to do with Saxon and really didn't do much to the season; much like Quinn losing to the no name detective or Batista searching through LaGuerta's shyt. All filler scenes with no impact on the overall arc. And let's be real, Saxon will always be viewed as lesser than the greats, but he represented the polar opposite of Dexter this season and while his presence didn't dominate like ITK, Prado, Trinity, Lila, Doakes or even Lundy, he played his part and did it well in the time he had. Ultimately this season was all about the Dexter/Deb relationship - everything else was filler to get to that point. And in that, they succeeded. And you're correct, he wasn't about impulse in the scene with Saxon, but across the board Dexter has been consumed by his need to kill. Finally fighting that need and NOT killing him came back to bite him in the ass and kill the most important person in his life. But in general, he needs to know. He needs to be in control. It's why he couldn't leave Miami without knowing Saxon was taken care of. It's why, even when in custody with the police, he went for his get back. He needed to see Deb, one last time, his way. If she was going to die, it would be with him, no one else. Not while he's broken and in the wilderness as a recluse. He felt responsible for her death and did things the way he knows how. It was very fitting and more importantly very well done. It's been hours and I still feel it in my chest like I lost a family member watching this. I can't break it down any further for any fans that don't see it :yeshrug:
phantom neg

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
cliche ass shyt.the OBVIOUS ending to a show about a serial killer hiding in plain sight is him eventually being caught and being executed OR escaping the country and livin life on the run like hannibal lectar and shyt. finally accepting his part in all of the damage he's caused, being accountable for it and living a life as a recluse to punish himself for his actions? better than either of them from a storytelling stand point, particularly considering he's been getting away with all the shyt he's done over the past 8 seasons without ever truly feeling the consequences of his actions.
1375975_4808692154800_1608390727_n.jpg

:camby:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
surface level watchers see "lumberjack" and make memes and lol

others see, recluse that lost everything and goes into self imposed exile out of guilt for all of the lives he destroyed.

its whatever :yeshrug:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
how the fukk did dex ditch his boat to fake his death and manage to get out of a hurricane? :pachaha:

also i like how dexter morgan, typical forensic investigator who doesn't approve of criminals, can somehow snare fake passports and presumably stolen social security info to get a job as a lumberjack on some "i know a guy" shyt

show is so goddamn bad :pachaha:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!

others see, recluse that lost everything and goes into self imposed exile out of guilt for all of the lives he destroyed.

Or people like me see Harrison living with a serial killer over Jamie or Astor/Cody grandparents
See Dexter kill a witness on camera at a police station and just walk out
See Dexter carry a dead body out of a hospital and no one say anything.
:camby:

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
son....im in pain. the ending....fukk every single last one of you that have anything bad to say about it. this shyt was depressing. as someone that has lost a family member to a stroke/going brain dead and watching how everything went, that shyt hurt extra hard. they put everything into that finale and ended this show in a way that was true to the story and depressing as fukk.

im in tears and im not ashamed to admit it. anyone that calls themselves a fan of this show and doesnt take this ending to heart :pacspit:
I'm dying at that picture

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Technically she wasn't dead. Brain dead with the hope of one day making some degree of recovery.

Masuka getting to know his daughter for 35 seconds to a minute per episode had nothing to do with Saxon and really didn't do much to the season; much like Quinn losing to the no name detective or Batista searching through LaGuerta's shyt. All filler scenes with no impact on the overall arc. And let's be real, Saxon will always be viewed as lesser than the greats, but he represented the polar opposite of Dexter this season and while his presence didn't dominate like ITK, Prado, Trinity, Lila, Doakes or even Lundy, he played his part and did it well in the time he had. Ultimately this season was all about the Dexter/Deb relationship - everything else was filler to get to that point. And in that, they succeeded. And you're correct, he wasn't about impulse in the scene with Saxon, but across the board Dexter has been consumed by his need to kill. Finally fighting that need and NOT killing him came back to bite him in the ass and kill the most important person in his life. But in general, he needs to know. He needs to be in control. It's why he couldn't leave Miami without knowing Saxon was taken care of. It's why, even when in custody with the police, he went for his get back. He needed to see Deb, one last time, his way. If she was going to die, it would be with him, no one else. Not while he's broken and in the wilderness as a recluse. He felt responsible for her death and did things the way he knows how. It was very fitting and more importantly very well done. It's been hours and I still feel it in my chest like I lost a family member watching this. I can't break it down any further for any fans that don't see it :yeshrug:

:deadhorse: :skip:

BigSteve

All Star
Daps

She couldn't breathe or anything on her own. Dexter pressed the button and let her die of natural causes (her body couldn't keep her alive).

I won't get into how preposterous it was that that he did it in the middle of the ICU, in a Miami hospital where the doctors and nurses are as lazy/dumb as Miami Metro. Go walk into the nearest hospital and turn off someone's breathing machine and see if any doctors or nurses come sprinting into the room.

Then he walked right out with a patient and loaded the patient onto a boat IN FRONT OF EVERYONE. And LOL @ the trees being blown sideways when he walked into the hospital, yet a fukking white sheet remains undisturbed whilst draped over Deb.

Here's another one...

Deb's body disappears, Dexter's body disappears, and they publish a freaking "We'll miss you Dexter!" post in the Miami news?

I know that Miami Metro is composed of the biggest morons on the planet, but your local elementary school hall monitors could solve that mystery.

I can see it now:
Quinn: "They said Deb's body was gone. Along with the white sheet she was tucked in with. Just like Jesus."
[Everyone looks around at one another, nodding]
[Camera pans out so audience sees cast standing around Deb's bench, just 10 feet away from Laguerta's]

Not "Brother and sister go missing during Hurricane Moron" (or whatever the fukk it was called)
Speaking of the hurricane, the only thing that the hurricane was symbolic of was just how big of a shyt storm this show had become.

RE: The Saxon character and presence. The actor may have held his own, but Saxon's character in general was ridiculously horrible when compared to every other adversary in the history of Dexter. His introduction, the buildup to what his character would become, the way that his character was outed (computer scene), his signature... uhh... well there wasn't really anything unique about him.

RE: Dexter/Deb: In other seasons, the writers were very skilled in taking an issue like Dex/Deb and lacing it in and out of other developing and ongoing plots of the show. This season they violently deflated the Deb/Dex relationship like a soccer ball getting stabbed to death by menacing twelve year olds in a Rio alley.

RE Your last sentence: I get it, you held strong for the show. I respect your loyalty and dedication. Myself, and many many other fans of the show, can't get past how blatantly stupid the writers have played the viewer for the past 2-3 seasons. I can't break it down for you either.

All of that said, I'm still grateful that I got to see the first four seasons of Dexter play out the way that they did. Ultimately, they were never able to replace the characters that they killed off in the first four seasons. When Rita was dead in the tub and Harrison was crying in the pool of blood on the floor the series as a whole sealed a tomb on something that could never be recreated or maintained. It was strong enough to keep most of us on the line through tonight.

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Brehs not gonna lie, seeing her sink to the ocean made me :sadcam:. I never want to be buried at sea, damn. I think the episode was good even though the plot direction was a bad choice. Part of me feels like this as a final season is :troll: and next summer a new season is just gonna pop out of nowhere. Honestly with all the bad reviews it may be possible to salvage a decent ending.

BigSteve

All Star
Daps

"Surface level?"

What about this season wasn't surface level?

People are laughing because it was the cherry on top to the worst kind of developmental decline imaginable.

LostOne

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I think hes still killing though by the look in his eyes at the end, he just couldn't drag them down anymore with him. Without his loved ones and deb he is probably lost.