OFFICIAL DEXTER FINAL SEASON THREAD

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man I'm sad to see this shyt go and I'm gonna miss it.

9aocv7.jpg
I love all you guys :to:

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1 - screen time. fans love masuka, had to do something for him. didnt take away from key show time of anyone so :yeshrug:
2 - she was one of his victims. Burial by ocean was symbolic of that.
3 - he had no intentions of being there if/when she actually died and didn't want the last time he saw her to be brain dead with tubes in her nose. he's all about control and his impulse and wouldnt feel comfortable leaving her there without knowing what happened.

Had this been the ending of the show with a few substitutes at season 4 with rita dying and deb taking care of harrison or something this shyt would be slurped off. This finale made up for a very inconsistent 11 episodes as far as I'm concerned. The tension, the heart breaking moments, acting, cinematography, music choice - everything was on point. But instead we got ":dead: they just gonna let him roll her body out and not say anything?" in the midst of a scene where bodies were being removed left and right by others. :stopitslime:

this was a great finale on multiple ends. :stopitslime: at anyone saying different.

Deb was already dead before they left the hospital B.

Fans wanted more Masuka? :stopitslime: She didnt steal time from anybody? I don't know maybe that time coulda been better spent making Saxon a more interesting villain. Dude was not a season finale bad guy. Dexter used to warm up on dudes like him before getting to the main event.

He's all about impulse and control? He wasn't about that when he left Saxon breathing while he outside dapping Deb up and getting ready to bounce.

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Yeah cuz after all these seasons, the viewers were really interested in Masukas personal life. :comeon: I can't think of one relevant scene that chick was in.

Man, since the show creators didnt really give a fukk about providing a good season finale, there shoulda be a toll free # at the end of each episode with options to select what happens next week. Guarantee it couldn't have been any worse.
:russ:at everyone calling that number and constantly requesting to kill off Quinn like he was Jason Todd.

PoPimp84

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Back seat of a Caddy

Fans wanted more Masuka? :stopitslime: She didnt steal time from anybody? I don't maybe that time coulda been better spent making Saxon a more interesting villain. Dude was not a season finale bad guy. Dexter used to warm up on dudes like him before getting to the main event.

He's all about impulse and control? He wasn't about that when he left Saxon breathing while he outside dapping Deb up and getting ready to bounce.

i feel ya trinity was gonna be hard to top as a villian

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Fitting end to the show Dexter all alone spending the rest of his days by himself. R.I. fukking P. to Deb :to:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah cuz after all these seasons, the viewers were really interested in Masukas personal life. :comeon: I can't think of one relevant scene that chick was in.

Man, since the show creators didnt really give a fukk about providing a good season finale, there shoulda be a toll free # at the end of each episode with options to select what happens next week. Guarantee it couldn't have been any worse.

What about her topless scene?

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
That ending was wack. I read how the old director woulda ended it. I wouldnt have liked that. I never wanted to see Dex die. But this emding was horrible. Whole season was cheeks. Dex stayed on air a lil too long. RIP Deb doe

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Clyde phillips(showrunner for season 1-4) released his ending of the show that he was gonna pitch right after the ep ended

"In the very last scene of the series," Philips explained, "Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream.' And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream.' Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery
"And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he's arguably responsible for, Rita, who he's arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there.
"That's what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we've seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter's execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion.":to:
:to:

WHY THE fukk DIDN'T THIS HAPPEN?
:banderas:

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps

Fans wanted more Masuka? :stopitslime: She didnt steal time from anybody? I don't know maybe that time coulda been better spent making Saxon a more interesting villain. Dude was not a season finale bad guy. Dexter used to warm up on dudes like him before getting to the main event.

Technically she wasn't dead. Brain dead with the hope of one day making some degree of recovery.

Masuka getting to know his daughter for 35 seconds to a minute per episode had nothing to do with Saxon and really didn't do much to the season; much like Quinn losing to the no name detective or Batista searching through LaGuerta's shyt. All filler scenes with no impact on the overall arc. And let's be real, Saxon will always be viewed as lesser than the greats, but he represented the polar opposite of Dexter this season and while his presence didn't dominate like ITK, Prado, Trinity, Lila, Doakes or even Lundy, he played his part and did it well in the time he had. Ultimately this season was all about the Dexter/Deb relationship - everything else was filler to get to that point. And in that, they succeeded. And you're correct, he wasn't about impulse in the scene with Saxon, but across the board Dexter has been consumed by his need to kill. Finally fighting that need and NOT killing him came back to bite him in the ass and kill the most important person in his life. But in general, he needs to know. He needs to be in control. It's why he couldn't leave Miami without knowing Saxon was taken care of. It's why, even when in custody with the police, he went for his get back. He needed to see Deb, one last time, his way. If she was going to die, it would be with him, no one else. Not while he's broken and in the wilderness as a recluse. He felt responsible for her death and did things the way he knows how. It was very fitting and more importantly very well done. It's been hours and I still feel it in my chest like I lost a family member watching this. I can't break it down any further for any fans that don't see it :yeshrug: