OFFICIAL DEXTER FINAL SEASON THREAD

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
:salute: Dexter the Gawd... all the things yall have said has been true for the most part. but at the end of the day it was a great series, and I hope I can get that caught up into another series again..

Oh and :pacspit: all you nikkas bringing up breaking bad in this thread, its two completely different shows, you can compare them..

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
I already knew how it was going to end by episode 4 because they posted spoilers.

No complaints loved the show.

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
*Goes to AVClub to see the grade for this episode, expecting to see an F*

* Sees giant F*

*Becomes satisfied*

Yup. Fuck this show now and forever. One of the steepest declines in quality any major TV show has ever taken. In fact, the fact that Weeds and Dexter (both Showtime shows) both got a lot worse the further they got makes me worry a lot about Homeland.

Homeland took a decline in season 2 from a near perfect season one, all the crazy shyt they do every single episode will catch up to them, in turns of quality. Same thing with house of lies

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
:salute: Dexter the Gawd... all the things yall have said has been true for the most part. but at the end of the day it was a great series, and I hope I can get that caught up into another series again..

Oh and :pacspit: all you nikkas bringing up breaking bad in this thread, its two completely different shows, you can compare them..

The last 5 minutes better than all those characters they introduced in season 8, the show did not need more story lines.

But seeing him in the last scene really made it all worth it, but they could have done this much earlier and made season 8 disgustingly dark.

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So.....they added Masuka's daughter to the cast for what again?

So....if Dex was intending to fake his death all along.....da fukk he dump Deb in the ocean for?? Mufukkas already think you moving to Argentina...disappear and let your sister have a proper burial!

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
The last 5 minutes better than all those characters they introduced in season 8, the show did not need more story lines.

But seeing him in the last scene really made it all worth it, but they could have done this much earlier and made season 8 disgustingly dark.
true, I could have done with out all the last minute storylines, there was enough to just have him spend the season trying to figure out how he was going to make his escape, and just had the regular cop stuff as a side story. like it used to be

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
So.....they added Masuka's daughter to the cast for what again?

So....if Dex was intending to fake his death all along.....da fukk he dump Deb in the ocean for?? Mufukkas already think you moving to Argentina...disappear and let your sister have a proper burial!

1 - screen time. fans love masuka, had to do something for him. didnt take away from key show time of anyone so :yeshrug:
2 - she was one of his victims. Burial by ocean was symbolic of that.
3 - he had no intentions of being there if/when she actually died and didn't want the last time he saw her to be brain dead with tubes in her nose. he's all about control and his impulse and wouldnt feel comfortable leaving her there without knowing what happened.

Had this been the ending of the show with a few substitutes at season 4 with rita dying and deb taking care of harrison or something this shyt would be slurped off. This finale made up for a very inconsistent 11 episodes as far as I'm concerned. The tension, the heart breaking moments, acting, cinematography, music choice - everything was on point. But instead we got ":dead: they just gonna let him roll her body out and not say anything?" in the midst of a scene where bodies were being removed left and right by others. :stopitslime:

this was a great finale on multiple ends. :stopitslime: at anyone saying different.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Clyde phillips(showrunner for season 1-4) released his ending of the show that he was gonna pitch right after the ep ended

"In the very last scene of the series," Philips explained, "Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream.' And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream.' Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery
"And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he's arguably responsible for, Rita, who he's arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there.
"That's what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we've seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter's execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion.":to:
:to:

WHY THE fukk DIDN'T THIS HAPPEN?

K-ZOE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They needed something for Masuka to do

Yeah cuz after all these seasons, the viewers were really interested in Masukas personal life. :comeon: I can't think of one relevant scene that chick was in.

Man, since the show creators didnt really give a fukk about providing a good season finale, there shoulda be a toll free # at the end of each episode with options to select what happens next week. Guarantee it couldn't have been any worse.