OFFICIAL DEXTER FINAL SEASON THREAD

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
it's all about the cash.. i was reading the EW article a few months back... it's showtime's highest rated show

showtime didn't want to end it.. wanted to go another 2-3 seasons but the show runner said no

michael c hall (dexter) also didn't want to do it anymore. he almost didn't want to reup on his contract last time

deb never wanted to reveal the whole "i love dexter" plot either... she fought it all the way and said it should have been something her character always kept a secret

basically showtime just milking this shyt for money and rating and admitted as such... but people still in here talking bout "no nothing has changed, same old dexter"

i also liked season 7 like poster above but yea this is showtime were talking about..a network that milked weeds 5 seasons too long.. shyt i remember season 7 of weeds was supposed to be the last as well.. but cacs stick with bad shows so they re upped for 8 like they did this one

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
i also liked season 7 like poster above but yea this is showtime were talking about..a network that milked weeds 5 seasons too long.. shyt i remember season 7 of weeds was supposed to be the last as well.. but cacs stick with bad shows so they re upped for 8 like they did this one

Season 8 had a lot of potential, at this point, about 20 minutes from the entire season 8 will be worth a damn. Still, no love lost for this show.

bangbreh

motorboat extraordinaire
Daps
Reppin
somewhere between a pair of D cup tiddies
yo lem needs to :camby:that guy been a bytch every episode. why they added him this late is kinda weird. how he ain't recognize ol' dude strapped to the chair doe :mindblown: he really gonna follow deb and just walk in the place after her gun drawn and all. was deb not wondering wtf he was doing there, coincidence right :shaq2: hanna going to the hospital was stupid as shyt and predictable. wassup w/the bytch not getting a wig or trying to hide her identity whatsoever :aicmon:

yo fukk this show.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
yo lem needs to :camby:that guy been a bytch every episode. why they added him this late is kinda weird. how he ain't recognize ol' dude strapped to the chair doe :mindblown: he really gonna follow deb and just walk in the place after her gun drawn and all. was deb not wondering wtf he was doing there, coincidence right :shaq2: hanna going to the hospital was stupid as shyt and predictable. wassup w/the bytch not getting a wig or trying to hide her identity whatsoever :aicmon:

yo fukk this show.

lol whoever said in this thread about debs old boss wearing the same shirt always was correct, again dude wearing the exact same shirt :mindblown:, just without a tie now

Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, the 305
It's funny because Season 4 used the Cranston formula to perfection. Take actor who everybody sees as a light-hearted TV dad and turn him into a killer/psychopath. That season obviously had the "oh shyt" moment at the end, but it was really made by John Lithgow's ability to make himself believable as a serial killer. It's was Heath Ledger/Joker level as far as completely changing how you viewed the actor.

u must have never seen any of Lithgow's films, he always plays the villian (opposite stallone in cliffhanger, denzel in ricochet, just to name a couple), but ppl didnt know until 3rd rock from the sun he had comedic skills as well

threattonature

Veteran
Daps

yo fukk this show.
Yeah it's like they don't even try. They stopped giving a fukk about covering their tracks or logic in favor of just getting a story out.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
u must have never seen any of Lithgow's films, he always plays the villian (opposite stallone in cliffhanger, denzel in ricochet, just to name a couple), but ppl didnt know until 3rd rock from the sun he had comedic skills as well

Oh no doubt. I know he's played a villain before, but at the time of his season, the 3rd rock portrayal was the character on everybody's minds going in

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
Even pro-Dexter sites are giving it horrible reviews.

They should just reassemble the cast and start from the beginning of this season. MULLIGAN

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
Even pro-Dexter sites are giving it horrible reviews.

They should just reassemble the cast and start from the beginning of this season. MULLIGAN
Or just have it end with Dexter waking up from a long ass day dream... we'll realized that Dexter has been driving around with the Doomsday Killer in his trunk about to drive to the church to kill him but starts to day dream what would have happen if Deb walked in on him and he imagined seasons 7 and 8 and he'll snap out the daydream like "Nah ain't worth all the trouble" and drives straight to his boat and kill Travis and dumps him in the water and stares into the camera and internal monologue to himself "Yep... the struggle is real!" and the show ends on a better note.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
:manny: it was a decent episode, I appreciate the show as a whole and am looking forward to the finally. Im not going to let a few plot holes and the fact that they built up the characters this season too fast ruin what has been a great series. Yea I would have rather the final season been about somebody something from the past catching up with dexter but I heard a few years back the writer origanlly only wrote 6 seasons anyway.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
I don't feel sad because it's ending tonight but I do feel sad at the fact that I don't have any feelings at all towards the ending. We should be on the verge of one of the greatest finale's of all time, we should be feeling like we do when we watch Breaking Bad like last week. Instead it's just :manny:

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
I was just talking to wifey about that. I have no cares about this finale. I was more amped for at least 3 or 4 of the other seasons' finales than I am about this season's finale. And this season is THE END. This is IT. I was more hype for 1st, 2nd and 4th season finales than I am for the damn series finale.

We Major

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Exactly. I'm just thinking what could've been with this finale, it's so frustrating. Literally anything could happen tonight and I wouldn't give two shyts. My enthusiasm for the show has been sucked out of me by the show itself :to: