OFFICIAL DEXTER FINAL SEASON THREAD

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
I thought this episode was great.....I cant be the only one
I thought it was a good episode as well. I think it's a good set up for the second half of the season which should hopefully be better than the first half. I never
bout to smoke a joint and watch this piffery...

I'm kinda surprised you all aren't enjoying this season as much as me, shyt has been interesting so far, and last season was a "return to form" for Dexter so I'm not sure why I see some of yall complaining about last season too. just my opinion tho... :ld:
The internet has a lot of cats who couldn't define "plot hole" thinking they're Siskel & Ebert. nikkas do reviews for next weeks previews now:skip: Each episode is either garbage or top five ever. Character progression and plot building is "filler". Seasons become "garbage" if there's a two or three episode lull in action. Hyperbole is the name of the game around here. I just ignore most of it and come to my own conclusions :yeshrug:

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
They really wasted season 6 on that TDK nonsense, it added nothing to the show, worst villain ever.

I really feel season 7 and 8 should have been spread out over 6,7, and 8.

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
Here some spoilers posted on Sunday for anybody that's interested...

These are real spoilers from what I've seen so don't look if you don't actually wanna spoiled.

The brain Surgeon is a man named Saxon. He is the son of Doctor Vogel. He kills Dexter's new protege (who you'll meet tonight) and kills Dexter's sexy neighbor. Hannah comes back, convinces Dex to run off to Argentina with her. Dex puts in two weeks notice at Miami. Brain Surgeon Case re-opened. Saxon Kills Vogel. Saxon targets Dex. Dex knows. There is a storm approaching Miami called "Laura" (you know, like Dexter's mother) Dex sets trap fpr Saxon. Saxon bites. Saxon almost beats Dex in fight. Deb shows up out of nowhere and actually says "Surprise, motherfukker!" probably in a nod to fans. Dex subdues Saxon and takes him to the mental hospital Sax has been operating out of. Storm getting worse. Dex has Sax on the table, but can not kill him. Dex has finally lost his urge to kill. Calls Deb, who is back at Miami Metro. Tells him how to find Sax and that he has a plane to catch. Goes to airport, storm is now Hurricane Laura. Hannah is there with Harrison, says she was worried he changed his mind. Elway is after Hannah. Dex calls in bomb threat. Airport evacuated. Deb goes back into kill room, finds Saxon has escaped. Decides to leave Miami with Dex and Hannah. Sax breaks into Deb's beach house. This sets up the final episode.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I thought it was a good episode as well. I think it's a good set up for the second half of the season which should hopefully be better than the first half. I never

The internet has a lot of cats who couldn't define "plot hole" thinking they're Siskel & Ebert. nikkas do reviews for next weeks previews now:skip: Each episode is either garbage or top five ever. Character progression and plot building is "filler". Seasons become "garbage" if there's a two or three episode lull in action. Hyperbole is the name of the game around here. I just ignore most of it and come to my own conclusions :yeshrug:
Right I came in this thread to see if everyone else liked it as much as I have, and the internet never fails to nitpick or complain about something stupid. This season has been real interesting. fukk what these hating ass never satisfied ass nikkas think.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
I like this season :smugdraper

Dexter has a really deep and rich story. It feels like there is still more story to tell.

I feel they lost their way in season 6 and the story was not at full strength in season 5, but this show is way better than that over-hyped Breaking Bad. This is is like a Souljah Boy fan criticizing Lupe. :smh:

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
Right I came in this thread to see if everyone else liked it as much as I have, and the internet never fails to nitpick or complain about something stupid. This season has been real interesting. fukk what these hating ass never satisfied ass nikkas think.

That's fine, but older seasons of Dexter paid close attention to detail. Dexter had to make sure that he was careful about everything, because there were smarter characters around him. Now, he just does what he wants.

Case in point:
Dexter and Deb break into a house (break the frame) and scour the whole house looking for Vogel and Yates, who have left blood trails. They find them upstairs in the master bedroom, where the fearless villain has subdued Vogel in the closet before hiding under a bed. Dexter, realizing that Yates has taken sanctuary under the bed that is obviously large enough to hide a man laying sideways, decides to take matters into his own hands and impale the villain through the mattress. With a curtain rod. Deb, showing what is perceived to be character development, overcomes her emotions and says "Let's clean this up and get out of here." The scene cuts to them in the boat that same night.

Really?

Let's clean this up and get out of here.

Let's go to a mattress store and find an exact replica of the bed that was in the master bedroom. Let's replace or vigorously clean the carpet, the curtain rod, and the other bedroom items that have been exposed to all of the characters. Let's fix the door frame that we exploded through. Let's erase all evidence of there ever being a confrontation or blood/drool/hair in the house. And get out of here.

In previous seasons of Dexter, this would have been a huge deal that they were bumbling around like raging idiots leaving their prints, blood, hair, tracks EVERYWHERE. It's so careless, and it's hard to get past if you've ever watched before.

I know that Dexter has a "code," but there were always a set of rules that Dexter and other villains/murderers had to play by. They've all but abandoned those aspects of the show.

To add to all of that, why should the audience even care if Vogel dies? Why was Dexter still helping her if he was "done" with her? Her character was just introduced and suddenly we're supposed to care about her as if she were Dexter's grandmother or some sort of pivotal character. Dexter has always had a reason to chase down the people that have kidnapped Deb, Harrison, or anyone else in his life. Why does it matter if some half-decent (poorly introduced) villain has taken Vogel?

The dude that trapped Deb in the house of horrors with the mask on and the creepy music was more intimidating.

It's as if the writers stayed up for a whole week straight on coffee and adderall and tried to crank this whole season out.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
Let's go to a mattress store and find an exact replica of the bed that was in the master bedroom. Let's replace or vigorously clean the carpet, the curtain rod, and the other bedroom items that have been exposed to all of the characters. Let's fix the door frame that we exploded through. Let's erase all evidence of there ever being a confrontation or blood/drool/hair in the house. And get out of here.

In previous seasons of Dexter, this would have been a huge deal that they were bumbling around like raging idiots leaving their prints, blood, hair, tracks EVERYWHERE. It's so careless, and it's hard to get past if you've ever watched before.

I know that Dexter has a "code," but there were always a set of rules that Dexter and other villains/murderers had to play by. They've all but abandoned those aspects of the show.

:laugh:

Now people are saying Dexter also keeps a tool belt around his waist?

He was sloppy many times in season 2, 3, and 4.

Why wouldn't he care about Vogel? Dexter is looking for answers, this is why he talks to himself. This is like Jack Malloy and Mr. Floppy. Believe it or not, Dexter suffers from extreme mental illness.

BigSteve

All Star
Daps

Why wouldn't he care about Vogel? Dexter is looking for answers, this is why he talks to himself. This is like Jack Malloy and Mr. Floppy. Believe it or not, Dexter suffers from extreme mental illness.
I think you're misunderstanding the point that I was making.

They conveniently avoid so many things that were major issues in the early seasons. At least when Dexter was sloppy in Sea 1-4, there were consequences. Dexter stabbed a guy, through a bed, with a curtain rod. Then somehow got his bloody exposed body out of a house that they broke into that was showered with evidence, chopped chopped the body up, loaded him onto the boat, all in the same night. This is either time travel or careless writing.

I don't even compare this show to other shows. I try not to do that anyway. I compare this show to itself. The first four seasons were great. Since then, it's gotten sloppier and sloppier. Characters that were built up for the first few seasons were turned almost into stone. Smart, witty characters have been made morons for the convenience of Dexter moving in light speed around them making them look like fools.

Back to Vogel, I'm not buying it. She didn't have any other secrets that Dexter would be tempted to keep her alive for. At this point in the season, he was saving her for the sake of saving her. There was nothing on the line. There was nothing at stake for her character, to Dexter. In the end, I think that her character is important (she is masterminding something, or she's killed someone of significance), but they way that they decided to keep her around and important to Dexter is trivial at best.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
That's fine, but older seasons of Dexter paid close attention to detail. Dexter had to make sure that he was careful about everything, because there were smarter characters around him. Now, he just does what he wants.

Case in point:
Dexter and Deb break into a house (break the frame) and scour the whole house looking for Vogel and Yates, who have left blood trails. They find them upstairs in the master bedroom, where the fearless villain has subdued Vogel in the closet before hiding under a bed. Dexter, realizing that Yates has taken sanctuary under the bed that is obviously large enough to hide a man laying sideways, decides to take matters into his own hands and impale the villain through the mattress. With a curtain rod. Deb, showing what is perceived to be character development, overcomes her emotions and says "Let's clean this up and get out of here." The scene cuts to them in the boat that same night.

Really?

Let's clean this up and get out of here.

To add to all of that, why should the audience even care if Vogel dies? Why was Dexter still helping her if he was "done" with her? Her character was just introduced and suddenly we're supposed to care about her as if she were Dexter's grandmother or some sort of pivotal character. Dexter has always had a reason to chase down the people that have kidnapped Deb, Harrison, or anyone else in his life. Why does it matter if some half-decent (poorly introduced) villain has taken Vogel?

The dude that trapped Deb in the house of horrors with the mask on and the creepy music was more intimidating.

It's as if the writers stayed up for a whole week straight on coffee and adderall and tried to crank this whole season out.
I see what your saying but that doesnt ruin the show for me. I wouldnt have wanted to see that situation play out any longer, also we all know dexter should have been killed or caught along time ago. They never said he had any special training, he just likes killing people, how is he able to out fight every villian and out smart all these expert detectives? but the point is he killed dude and we saw Deb start to get over her issues, thats all the writers wanted us to focus on..

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
Dexter has a really deep and rich story. It feels like there is still more story to tell.

I feel they lost their way in season 6 and the story was not at full strength in season 5, but this show is way better than that over-hyped Breaking Bad. This is is like a Souljah Boy fan criticizing Lupe. :smh:
:wtf:

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation

Given the fact that Jack Malloy is on the show as Captain Mathews makes me wonder if he can see and talk to Ghost Harry as well?:ohhh:

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps

I mean, you got people who criticize Dexter but over-hype Glee and Suits.

I agree with your sentiment, I like this season a lot. But it feels like they are trying to squeeze a lot of story in the final season.