OFFICIAL DEXTER FINAL SEASON THREAD

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Anyone notice that the song Vogel was playing in her house was the same song that was playing back in episode 2 when the guy had a gun to his head and was forced to strangle the guy in the chair?

Vogel is behind this...

Daniel.

BK to NJ, but always a New York Knicka
Daps
not the best episode and im a little thrown off by things right now. not really sure where this is all going.

i'll rewatch this episode. maybe in retrospect this episode will be major, but i felt like they had too much going on at once.

Daniel.

Daps
Anyone notice that the song Vogel was playing in her house was the same song that was playing back in episode 2 when the guy had a gun to his head and was forced to strangle the guy in the chair?

Vogel is behind this...

:ohhh:

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
The past two seasons are an insult to the fans that loved the first four seasons.

They don't even try to explain things anymore. The plot holes and continuity errors of this show are delivered with such a high frequency that I can't even keep up with them anymore.

I'm going to finish this season because I enjoyed the first four seasons so much and I'm still hoping for some faint stroke of good writing. Maybe they've had some grand ending in their back pocket that we can eat off of.

Personally, I don't see that happening, but maybe they'll flip it on us.

So far, this season has been a disappointment. I'm not hard to please either, but it's hard to get past so much of the blatant "oh, they'll get over this" attitude from the writers. Loose ends, plot holes, continuity errors, one episode character write-offs, shotty acting, lackluster writing.

It's frustrating.

Last edited:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
bout to smoke a joint and watch this piffery...

I'm kinda surprised you all aren't enjoying this season as much as me, shyt has been interesting so far, and last season was a "return to form" for Dexter so I'm not sure why I see some of yall complaining about last season too. just my opinion tho... :ld:

Daniel.

Daps
bout to smoke a joint and watch this piffery...

I'm kinda surprised you all aren't enjoying this season as much as me, shyt has been interesting so far, and last season was a "return to form" for Dexter so I'm not sure why I see some of yall complaining about last season too. just my opinion tho... :ld:

the seasons been cool to me but i feel like some episodes have been jam packed with so much shyt that some of it gets lost in the process. it feels like theyre trying to introduce so much and build so much and that would be cool if we had more seasons to go to flesh things out a bit but we're damn near half way through and im still not 100% on what the direction of this season is. all the things theyve built up + hannah being brought back eventually just makes for a really convoluted FINAL season, when a lot of this should be coming together instead of introducing more shyt.

that said after this episode and what dude pointed out with the music it definitely seems more and more likely that vogel is behind all of this. shes a fukkin master manipulator with all of these guys.

one point im a little confused on - why was dude acting so shocked that vogel was involved and sending people after her if he was killing people and sending her pieces of their brain? again maybe by the end of the season itll make more sense but dude spoke to her as if she was interfering with his shyt, meanwhile he's the one that was killing people and sending her a message. doesnt make much sense.

Daniel.

Daps
i was reading something and the shyt is true...the arc of the fbi manhunt for the bhb wouldve been perfect for the final season. have doakes slowly but surely suspecting him throughout the seasons, playing the role of quinn after season 4 and having shyt slowly build towards where we are now. a vogel type of character wouldve been cool to introduce in season 2 or 3 when it shows that dexter is starting to deviate from being a sociopath by building relationships. a lot of how things went could remain the same, but ultimately a manhunt for dexter in the final season wouldve been crazy because at that point anything could happen.

BigSteve

All Star
Daps
i was reading something and the shyt is true...the arc of the fbi manhunt for the bhb wouldve been perfect for the final season. have doakes slowly but surely suspecting him throughout the seasons, playing the role of quinn after season 4 and having shyt slowly build towards where we are now. a vogel type of character wouldve been cool to introduce in season 2 or 3 when it shows that dexter is starting to deviate from being a sociopath by building relationships. a lot of how things went could remain the same, but ultimately a manhunt for dexter in the final season wouldve been crazy because at that point anything could happen.
Exactly. This all could have been SO much better.