Official Deadpool Thread

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
Low-key, smart marketing by Fox...caught both demographics.... The meatheads with the gratitous violence and explosions and the date crowd with the love story....I really enjoyed it, a B+ flick for me...good to see the X-Men tie-in and they definitely picked the right guy in Colossus (my favorite X-Men) to be Deadpool's heroic conscious ...

Juven

All Star
Daps
Low-key, smart marketing by Fox...caught both demographics.... The meatheads with the gratitous violence and explosions and the date crowd with the love story....I really enjoyed it, a B+ flick for me...good to see the X-Men tie-in and they definitely picked the right guy in Colossus (my favorite X-Men) to be Deadpool's heroic conscious ...

colossus didnt do shyt. he got his ass whooped by gina carano

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
What I liked:
Reynolds was great and its good to finally see him in one of these comic book flicks that actually is good and uses him properly.
The Wade/Vanessa romance is the best one that has been done in any of these super-hero flicks since the new wave started.
That Stan Lee cameo is the best Stan Lee cameo ever.
The action scenes were tight.
The humor was more hit than miss.
They cast Kizzie from Roots.:blessed:
Keeping the breaking fo teh 4th wall stuff was smart and they used it perfectly.
The fact it went for a legit hard R rating was cool.

What I didn't like:
The main villain was kinda weak.
Gina Carano has the personality of a cinder block.
The CGI rendering of Colossus looked like shyt.

Your Cons are mostly budget related due to fox not giving a damn about this character. Ryan Reynolds deserves alllll the credit for having this movie created :salute:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Deadpool' Writer Details Action Scenes That Were Removed When Budget Was Cut By $7 Million

kevin-jagernauth.jpg
By Kevin Jagernauth | The PlaylistFebruary 12, 2016 at 5:04PM

With "Deadpool" poised to be a box office behemoth this weekend, fans will no doubt be feting 20th Century Fox for taking a gamble on a hard-R movie centered around the cult character, but wise executives always protect their risky moves. Just before the green light was given, the filmmakers were given a task by studio suits — cut the budget by $7 million. Writer Rhett Reeserevealed that meant dropping some action scenes from the movie. So what was torn out from the script?

READ MORE: Review: 'Deadpool' Starring Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin, TJ Miller, And More

“Angel Dust, played by Gina Carano, used to be three different characters,” Reese told io9. “It was Garrison Kane, Sluggo and Wire. There was a reduction of action. We had a motorcycle chase between Deadpool and Ajax on the freeway that we took out. We had a big, big gun fight in the third act that we took out and we basically had Deadpool forget his guns as a means of getting around it. So there were just reductions.”

However, Reese sees the silver lining that emerged from that situation. “It was that last, lean and mean chop that got us to a place where Fox was willing to make it,” he said. “The script was very efficient and not too long. That was a function of budget more than anything, but I think it really made the movie pace nicely.”

Fair point, but one has to wonder what another $7 million mattered to a movie that has a reported budget of $58 million. But maybe it went into the onslaught of marketing that is positioning the movie for a possible $90 million weekend. And no doubt, "Deadpool" feels filled to the gills as it is. That said, Reese and Paul Wernick, who will be back to write the sequel, can probably rest assured they have will have much more money to play with next time around.

:mjcry:

If there's any execs I'd want fired......it's Fox's :francis:Pieces of shyt :ufdup: