Official Deadpool Thread

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I just got back from the movie like 10 minutes ago. Movie was cool, it was like a parody of superhero movies and Hollywood clichés together. I enjoyed it though and I am not even big on Ryan Reynolds like that. Salute to him going out of his way to get to the movie made though. I went to Regal theaters and they showed Suicide Squad, X-Men and Civil War Trailers.

Yo I was bugging :mjlol::ohhh: when I saw that Stan Lee cameo especially in a rated R flick like that in a strip club with ol them biggies itties. Caught me off guard.
:whoo:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I got Apocalypse, BvsS, and Civil War (IMAX, brehs). :blessed:

Stan Lee cameo especially in a rated R flick like that in a strip club with ol them biggies itties. Caught me off guard.
:whoo:

Stan did say in an interview last year that his cameo in Deadpool was his favorite. I guess we know why now. :mjpls:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I got Apocalypse, BvsS, and Civil War (IMAX, brehs). :blessed:

Stan did say in an interview last year that his cameo in Deadpool was his favorite. I guess we know why now. :mjpls:

Is this the 1st Marvel related film ever where Stan Lee made a cameo despite have absolutely ZERO affiliation of none of the characters in a film?

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No..... I know that.... and wasnt disputing that..... but just kinda surprised per the list of "BIGGEST OPENING WEEKEND" I'm kinda shocked the last 2 Batmans arent up there. What did they get a bump the second week?:dwillhuh:

I get Avengers having the best opening weekend but before Deadpool snatching that 2nd spot.... how the hell is MOS the only DC movie on the list?:jbhmm:

They're talking about first installments.

The last two Batman movies were sequels. And both had higher opening weekends than Deadpool.

List of highest-grossing openings for films - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
No..... I know that.... and wasnt disputing that..... but just kinda surprised per the list of "BIGGEST OPENING WEEKEND" I'm kinda shocked the last 2 Batmans arent up there. What did they get a bump the second week?:dwillhuh:

I get Avengers having the best opening weekend but before Deadpool snatching that 2nd spot.... how the hell is MOS the only DC movie on the list?:jbhmm:
Read it again. It's the best hero debut for a "first installment" meaning first of a series. Dark Knight wasn't the first in the series, Batman Begins was...

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
What I liked:
Reynolds was great and its good to finally see him in one of these comic book flicks that actually is good and uses him properly.
The Wade/Vanessa romance is the best one that has been done in any of these super-hero flicks since the new wave started.
That Stan Lee cameo is the best Stan Lee cameo ever.
The action scenes were tight.
The humor was more hit than miss.
They cast Kizzie from Roots.:blessed:
Keeping the breaking fo teh 4th wall stuff was smart and they used it perfectly.
The fact it went for a legit hard R rating was cool.

What I didn't like:
The main villain was kinda weak.
Gina Carano has the personality of a cinder block.
The CGI rendering of Colossus looked like shyt.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
I loved it:mjcry:

but dead pool is dead ass my top 3 superhero since a youngin:wow:
\\
and Ryan Reynold's voice is exactly how i would picture dead pool's voice to be

i wish the final action sequence was better Ajax a boring villan

but this was fire to me personally

last time i felt like this was Capt. America 2

and before that Ironman

i legit didnt even like the avengers or avengers2 much

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Deadpool' Writer Details Action Scenes That Were Removed When Budget Was Cut By $7 Million

kevin-jagernauth.jpg
By Kevin Jagernauth | The PlaylistFebruary 12, 2016 at 5:04PM

With "Deadpool" poised to be a box office behemoth this weekend, fans will no doubt be feting 20th Century Fox for taking a gamble on a hard-R movie centered around the cult character, but wise executives always protect their risky moves. Just before the green light was given, the filmmakers were given a task by studio suits — cut the budget by $7 million. Writer Rhett Reeserevealed that meant dropping some action scenes from the movie. So what was torn out from the script?

READ MORE: Review: 'Deadpool' Starring Ryan Reynolds, Morena Baccarin, TJ Miller, And More

“Angel Dust, played by Gina Carano, used to be three different characters,” Reese told io9. “It was Garrison Kane, Sluggo and Wire. There was a reduction of action. We had a motorcycle chase between Deadpool and Ajax on the freeway that we took out. We had a big, big gun fight in the third act that we took out and we basically had Deadpool forget his guns as a means of getting around it. So there were just reductions.”

However, Reese sees the silver lining that emerged from that situation. “It was that last, lean and mean chop that got us to a place where Fox was willing to make it,” he said. “The script was very efficient and not too long. That was a function of budget more than anything, but I think it really made the movie pace nicely.”

Fair point, but one has to wonder what another $7 million mattered to a movie that has a reported budget of $58 million. But maybe it went into the onslaught of marketing that is positioning the movie for a possible $90 million weekend. And no doubt, "Deadpool" feels filled to the gills as it is. That said, Reese and Paul Wernick, who will be back to write the sequel, can probably rest assured they have will have much more money to play with next time around.

:mjcry:

Last edited: