Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Saw last night. Enjoyed it. Laughed a lot. Not better than the first but that may be due to DP1's novelty at the time.

Steady shytted on DC throughout the movie. :heh:

Calling Domino "black Black Widow" :mjlol:

When he tried to calm down Juggs with the "Hey, big guy. Sun's gettin' real low..." :deadrose:

Over 10 years and I still can't watch Juggernaut without sayin "Juuuuggs got yaaAAaaAAaa."

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If you would watch Atlanta you'd get a lot more of her :Jimmy:

I thought Yukio looked:takedat:

Oh golly gee, that's sure to make me watch now:ooh:

giphy.gif

Lefty Gunz

Superstar
Daps
Saw it earlier today, it was cool. Have a feeling it will zero replay value to me like the first one

Domino
full

Vanessa
full

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't mind the 'Women in Refrigerators' trope as much because it was actually handled pretty well (aside from the mid-credits scene) and it gave the film some much needed gravitas. I get why people would have a problem with it, and it ultimately speaks to the larger problem of this movie.

This movie falls into the very trap I figured it would: it's not nearly as smart or subversive as it thinks it is, and it cheats its way through a lot of points. It constantly pokes fun at itself and other superhero movies, while falling into the exact same tropes ('Women in refrigerators,' adding a team or sidekick in the sequel, having to save some annoying brat kid). The first film did exactly the same thing, but it had the novelty of being fresh and new. The sequel needs to step it up. It's the very reason Family Guy got so tired after a while: at a certain point, you can't just point out bad writing. You have to write better.

The first and third acts were pretty decent, and the ending was pretty strong (except for the mid-credits scene), but the second act felt like it dragged on forever. The X-Force audition scenes felt stale, not funny, and not needed, and them all dying except for Domino wasn't funny either. Also, for as much shyt as Black Panther (deservedly) got for its poor cgi scenes, the cg here was even worse. That Domino scene looked like shyt.

But overall, it was still a pretty fun movie. On the Double Toasted rating scale, I'd give it a Matinee. :ehh: