Benefited

Banned
Daps
I'm gonna keep this brief because I don't want to derail the thread.

25 years ago if you would've told me there would be an X-Men vs Apocalypse movie....and it would be terrible, and they'd completely butcher Apocalypse, it would've broke my heart as a comic fan.

25 years ago if you would've told me there would be an extended universe based on The Avengers with lackluster/mediocre versions of Hela, Malekith, Ego, Yellowjacket, Ronan, Dormammu, etc. but they did justice to Thanos....I would've said two things....#1 who the fukk are those random ass characters and #2 who cares about Thanos, they fukked up Apocalypse.

And that sums up why these movies aren't judged equally. The MCU consists of B-Z tier characters which is why it's graded on a curve. Not saying it's fair but it is what it is.

Fred.

I could see you feeling this way and people doing this in the beginning. But as long as the MCU has been around now?you still think those are B-Z list characters:gucci:? If anything they are graded against the shytty X-Men movies,mediocre Spider Man movies,weak Batman vs Superman and Justice League movies. MCU is the curve now as they set the current standard of quality. Just like the Batman trilogy once set the standard.

Benefited

Banned
Daps
I didn't mind the 'Women in Refrigerators' trope as much because it was actually handled pretty well (aside from the mid-credits scene) and it gave the film some much needed gravitas. I get why people would have a problem with it, and it ultimately speaks to the larger problem of this movie.

This movie falls into the very trap I figured it would: it's not nearly as smart or subversive as it thinks it is, and it cheats its way through a lot of points. It constantly pokes fun at itself and other superhero movies, while falling into the exact same tropes ('Women in refrigerators,' adding a team or sidekick in the sequel, having to save some annoying brat kid). The first film did exactly the same thing, but it had the novelty of being fresh and new. The sequel needs to step it up. It's the very reason Family Guy got so tired after a while: at a certain point, you can't just point out bad writing. You have to write better.

The first and third acts were pretty decent, and the ending was pretty strong (except for the mid-credits scene), but the second act felt like it dragged on forever. The X-Force audition scenes felt stale, not funny, and not needed, and them all dying except for Domino wasn't funny either. Also, for as much shyt as Black Panther (deservedly) got for its poor cgi scenes, the cg here was even worse. That Domino scene looked like shyt.

But overall, it was still a pretty fun movie. On the Double Toasted rating scale, I'd give it a Matinee. :ehh:

I agree and I remember once saying that I didn't think this movie would work as well a second time. Tim Miller was right in trying to change the direction I think but who knows,maybe Ryan knows the fanbase better. I think it was passable as a movie but I really enjoyed Cable,the Juggernaut suprise,and what more can I say about Domino:blessed:. The way they displayed Dominos "power" I don't think is getting enough credit. Its as good as the X-2 Nightcrawler scene or that QuikSilver scene that people allow to make good movies into great movies. I think the movie only gets the passable grade because of how much I liked those characters though. Always liked Cable and felt like Brolin and the writers did him justice,and a good job letting him fit in with this humor. Funny that somebody actually called that scene of his whole team dying,glad I'm not a fan of any of those characters:mjlol:. And yes Mcruber did it better,and definitley does this type of humor better.
In a movie where the dialogue is 70% jokes,whether people find it funny or not matters.
Imagine watching 1 and 2 back to back,it would be overkill with 90's references and gay humor:francis:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
The part when Beast closes the door was done during filming of Dark Phoenix
:ohhh:

X-Men: Dark Phoenix Director Shot One of Deadpool 2's Most Memorable Scenes

giphy.gif
'

Charles hit Wade with the :mjpls: as they shut the door on him. :dead:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Saw this on Sunday. It was meh. Not bad, but definitely not great. I think I turned on the movie when they made the dubstep joke. All I could think was "We still making dubstep jokes in 2018, brehs?"

I'll co-sign the sentiment that the movie isn't as smart or funny as it thinks it is, since a lot of it was basically just references for the sake of references (although I got a good laugh out of the Rob Liefeld shot out of nowhere).

Basically, these movies have established that while it's possible for Deadpool to be in movies, the character is probably best served as a supporting character in somebody else's movie. When they move forward with the X Force movie, I think it'll be better since they'll inevitably have to focus on other characters and limit Deadpool's screen time.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
i'm sleep deprived, so here's a long review of me droning on about whatever the fukk pops in my head... no one cares

king of a sloppy movie. Lot of weird things that made it feel a lot cheaper than it probably actually was. Domino action scene looked awful, and he jokey dialogue was terrible. i find that chick sexy though. fukk off Dopinder… shocked people aren’t bytching about him being a stereotype even if it’s a movie like this. Credits got ruined for me early, so I couldn’t appreciate them… and not for nothing, but as good as they might be, Ryan Reynolds’s entire friggin schtick for about 3 years now is that he regrets those 2 characters. hopefully it's time for a new schtick.

Man did they get a lot of mileage out of Rob Delaney. His entire role was in the marketing. TJ Miller got the shaft and I’m glad. Also, pretty sure they took a shot at him in the credits when his cast credit had a drawing of Deadpool drinking. … Glad they brought back Teenage Mutant Ninja Lesbian for her 14 seconds on screen, but she got considerably cuter. i look forward to "Not Deadpool 2 XXX" to leak online so i can watch the actress portraying her character and a hot asian dyke out.

Cable was a fukkin dud. He was cool in action, but brought nothing to the table that we haven't seen. metal arm, Dr. Strange-ish shields, guns. yippy. old blind lady is literally the anti-funny. i like the fat kid, but it felt like they wanted him to make references to his Wilderpeople role b/c he kept talkin about "gangsta shyt" and all that. also, is that kid really that fat or was he in some kind of body suit, b/c homey is fukkin fat.

Lot of flopped jokes. I never notice shyt like this, but I found the sound in this movie really distracting and shytty. my chair literally vibrated during Cable scenes to the point i thought i was in a special theater. Thank God I didn’t see this with a packed house, b/c I’m sure a few obese men had heart attacks at the tiny legs scenes... which had no legs. GUFFAW. seriously though, lot of jokes get beaten to death by this character. only one i consistently liked was the Black Tom stuff. Not sure why dubstep kept being used as the punchline to a running joke. pen in the kid's butthole is funny once or twice, not 4 or 5 times. oh and boy is it hilarious every time he makes a reference to Hugh Jackman or Wolverine. Yes!

Glad they killed Vanessa off for most of the movie, b/c her dialogue is cringeworthy. i saw the XForce gag coming from a mile away just from the trailers. Terry Crews was a perfect "just famous enough" casting to pull that off with where you could believe he'd have a significant role, or just get killed off immediately. Juggernaut was ok. who the hell is technically the antagonist of this movie, btw?

Probably better than Part 1, which doesn’t hold up. I don’t do quarter scores so 3.5, but i'm being generous. I'll watch the extended cut for sure... although it's probably just gonna be the TJ Miller scenes they probably cut when he went nuts (i'm assuming) a couple more instantly dated pop culture jokes from Deadpool and more early grunty Cable stuff. I think they said the reshoots were b/c people wanted more Domino... they still didn't even get much Domino. Audiences probably wanted LESS Cable, b/c it felt like some of his part hit the cutting room floor.

Also, I'm sure they add more characters, but was that the XForce lineup at the end? I can do without Colossus for a while.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm sleep deprived, so here's a long review of me droning on about whatever the fukk pops in my head... no one cares

king of a sloppy movie. Lot of weird things that made it feel a lot cheaper than it probably actually was. Domino action scene looked awful, and he jokey dialogue was terrible. i find that chick sexy though. fukk off Dopinder… shocked people aren’t bytching about him being a stereotype even if it’s a movie like this. Credits got ruined for me early, so I couldn’t appreciate them… and not for nothing, but as good as they might be, Ryan Reynolds’s entire friggin schtick for about 3 years now is that he regrets those 2 characters. hopefully it's time for a new schtick.

Man did they get a lot of mileage out of Rob Delaney. His entire role was in the marketing. TJ Miller got the shaft and I’m glad. Also, pretty sure they took a shot at him in the credits when his cast credit had a drawing of Deadpool drinking. … Glad they brought back Teenage Mutant Ninja Lesbian for her 14 seconds on screen, but she got considerably cuter. i look forward to "Not Deadpool 2 XXX" to leak online so i can watch the actress portraying her character and a hot asian dyke out.

Cable was a fukkin dud. He was cool in action, but brought nothing to the table that we haven't seen. metal arm, Dr. Strange-ish shields, guns. yippy. old blind lady is literally the anti-funny. i like the fat kid, but it felt like they wanted him to make references to his Wilderpeople role b/c he kept talkin about "gangsta shyt" and all that. also, is that kid really that fat or was he in some kind of body suit, b/c homey is fukkin fat.

Lot of flopped jokes. I never notice shyt like this, but I found the sound in this movie really distracting and shytty. my chair literally vibrated during Cable scenes to the point i thought i was in a special theater. Thank God I didn’t see this with a packed house, b/c I’m sure a few obese men had heart attacks at the tiny legs scenes... which had no legs. GUFFAW. seriously though, lot of jokes get beaten to death by this character. only one i consistently liked was the Black Tom stuff. Not sure why dubstep kept being used as the punchline to a running joke. pen in the kid's butthole is funny once or twice, not 4 or 5 times. oh and boy is it hilarious every time he makes a reference to Hugh Jackman or Wolverine. Yes!

Glad they killed Vanessa off for most of the movie, b/c her dialogue is cringeworthy. i saw the XForce gag coming from a mile away just from the trailers. Terry Crews was a perfect "just famous enough" casting to pull that off with where you could believe he'd have a significant role, or just get killed off immediately. Juggernaut was ok. who the hell is technically the antagonist of this movie, btw?

Probably better than Part 1, which doesn’t hold up. I don’t do quarter scores so 3.5, but i'm being generous. I'll watch the extended cut for sure... although it's probably just gonna be the TJ Miller scenes they probably cut when he went nuts (i'm assuming) a couple more instantly dated pop culture jokes from Deadpool and more early grunty Cable stuff. I think they said the reshoots were b/c people wanted more Domino... they still didn't even get much Domino. Audiences probably wanted LESS Cable, b/c it felt like some of his part hit the cutting room floor.

Also, I'm sure they add more characters, but was that the XForce lineup at the end? I can do without Colossus for a while.

Yeah, I think the crew that walked away from the school are the X Force team for the time being. You're stuck with Colossus, since the overarching storyline really appears to be the ol buddy cop "we don't do it your way, we don't do it my way, we do it OUR way" thing.

You reminded me of something I forgot about the the movie. I want to slap the shyt out of every single person that tweeted or wrote an article about the post credits scene being their "new favorite", or one of the best ever. That shyt was pretty corny. We get it. The first Deadpool attempt and Green Lantern weren't good. We went over this in the first movie, breh. That joke would've been better if they worked in a Waiting or Van Wilder joke.

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

Go to sleep breh :snooze:

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
To me, Deadpool is never supposed to be funny. He's just quip after quip after pop culture reference. Some you get, some you don't, some you find funny, some you don't. In all of his team-up stories, he's actually pretty annoying to the other characters. They just ignore him, for the most part. This is why he works on film. It's not supposed to be drop-dead hilarious, just offensive non-stop insults and quips. He's the Merc with a Mouth. I'm actually surprised they didn't have him singing more, because that's what Deadpool does when he's not talking.

The movie hit most of the right marks, Domino was classic Dom, Cable was perfect, I'm loving Teenage Negasonic Warhead & I'm assuming that was Surge instead of Yukio (who's a Wolverine character). The jokes were good and most of the action scenes were on point. Some were too CGI heavy, but overall, this was good.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The movie was a hot steaming pile of shyt. What the fukk did I watch? I literally had no idea what was going on in this movie except for that fact that is deadpool and we should laugh at the stupid jokes.
A parody of a comic book movie it wasn't that bad but nothing special either
Some stuff feels like it was ripped out of Kick Ass 2 tho