Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
These two episodes together gonna change some perceptions of Chris Benoit, if only slightly.

In some ways he came off as a sympathetic character here, even though they didn't hold back in the way they presented the brutal details of what he did.

Watching David say that his father was still his hero? That shyt hit me hard, bruh. Every scene with David in it hit me hard.

Benoit was a legit good dude for most of his life, and then spiraled downward in the worst imaginable way. One of the worst stories you'll ever hear. Tragic shyt, but props to the producers of that documentary, it was dope as hell.

Yeah idk what the process is to get an Emmy but they should send this episode in. My lady don't really fukk w wrasslin like that but she was watching like :mjcry: not gonna lie when Chavo was describing how Eddie died I was fukked up :to:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
hopefully this new generation of wrestlers watch this shyt....the bumps these guys are taking today are absolutely nuts

tumblr_psv0urHtDv1s05wxzo2_400.gif

:huhldup::huhldup::huhldup::huhldup::huhldup::huhldup::huhldup::huhldup:

Homer Simpson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think Benoit comes off sympathetic at all. Hearing the details of Nancy's murder made me angry. I was sympathetic to him before because of the brain injury and PTSD stuff and still am (it's the only way to get any closure imo), but knowing the deliberate things he did over those 3 days shows that he wasn't completely out of control. I didn't realize Nancy's murder was as brutal as it was, and the fact that he killed Daniel for no real reason is completely unforgivable. I actually come from this feeling more negative towards Benoit.

Jericho's podcast with Nancy's sister is a must listen too.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
I don't think Benoit comes off sympathetic at all. Hearing the details of Nancy's murder made me angry. I was sympathetic to him before because of the brain injury and PTSD stuff and still am (it's the only way to get any closure imo), but knowing the deliberate things he did over those 3 days shows that he wasn't completely out of control. I didn't realize Nancy's murder was as brutal as it was, and the fact that he killed Daniel for no real reason is completely unforgivable. I actually come from this feeling more negative towards Benoit.

Jericho's podcast with Nancy's sister is a must listen too.

Yeah when they said he broke her spine I was :picard: straight savagery :francis: horrible way to go man. :to:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
I hated how they blamed chair shots. Chair shots are horrible but the crash test dummy style that those guys had back then was probably even worse. And that element of wrestling is still huge.

I forgot who it was but they were talking about how they got over with the fans with punches and kicks and not with stupid shyt like dives and flips

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
With Owen if they go into the detail of what his body went through just cover your ears

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Besides Wendi Richter, Sweet Georgia Brown's kids and maybe Princess Victoria (even though she was double talking at the end), I felt like a lot of the people in the documentary were co-signing Moolah's scumbaggery as something that was acceptable for the times. I thought my thread did more to show how much of an a$$hole she really was :manny:

Yo, could you link to said thread. I missed it, homie.

People look for cte and his brain being mush being the cause, but this shyt really ain't that deep

This was an abusive relationship and this is how they end. Nancy sent a text the day before he killed her to her friend because she was afraid he was gonna kill her.

fukk Chris Benoit he ruined wrestling.

I disagree.

I got a family full of dysfunctional abusive relationships going back generations in some cases:francis:

Here's how they usually end.

1. The woman eventually leaves abuser

Or

2. They get old as fukk and by the end the old woman is taking care of the old man who spent their whole youth whopping their asses.

Somebody actually killing somebody in an abusive relationship happens too often, but it's not the way 90% of these relationships end.

:francis:

you serious breh? I had to take Flair & HBK out favorite list cause they were on some racist shyt..gotta do the same for the Warrior now I see

Dude, Warrior was a horrific racist.

He even attacked Martin Luther King day being a holiday & shyt

That's why it was unnecessary because it's not like non-religious ppl can't adhere to schedules and routine lol

Yea if anything all that religious bs in his head about being able to be with his wife and kid and Eddie in heaven just made shyt worse. He obviously was miserable and wanted to end his own life but him thinking his wife and kid would be in heaven with him is religions fault.

Eh, Christianity preaches that killing yourself sends you straight to hell.

I don't think him killing himself was the way to get to heaven.

Dolo

Superstar
Daps
Just finished both parts, it was really good yet sad to watch. I feel for David and Sandra :mjcry:

Homer Simpson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah when they said he broke her spine I was :picard: straight savagery :francis: horrible way to go man. :to:

on Jericho's podcast from a few years ago her sister talks about how she either saw the crime scene or saw pictures and that it was obvious that there was a lot of rage involved. What that means? I'm not sure but it's disturbing to imagine.