Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Vince blamed WCW for Elizabeth's death. Didn't have the same energy for Benoit. It's shocking how quickly Benoit's condition deteriorated after going to WWE.
Because in Titan land you gotta have big muscles to get over..both Eddie and Chris ended up juiced to their eyeballs..that's what killed Eddie and what would have killed Chris if he didnt do what he did

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
happens to boxers who took a lot of damage as well :francis: wrasslin is demonic as fukk :francis: I don't even remember dude getting dropped on his head or taking chair shots like that, damn. :to:
The bumps..dude is 5'9 and spent more than enough time in Japan...wrestling in Japan puts mileage on you

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps
You can't really do that without Benoit being brought up in the conversation. Not by the company, but by the fans and media. A

Also I don't trust the fans in the arena to act appropriately. We just had a fan jump Bret Hart, imagine if there were Benoit chants. :snoop:

She deserves it but the WWE Hall of Fame is a joke anyways so it doesn't really matter.

In 2020 they shouldn't still be scared to use that man's last name, that's just dumb business I feel. And she was a legendary Valet and if not the first, definitely among them. :salute:

Homer Simpson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
still confused about why he killed his kid

After murdering Nancy and Daniel across the weekend, Benoit sat down at his computer and Google'd a story about the prophet Elijah from the Bible. Specifically, Chris was interested in a tale regarding the resurrection of a young boy from the Old Testament.

The dude was delusional. Everything he did was cowardly but killing Daniel is the worst. He wasn't responsible in any part for their domestic dispute. And Nancy's sister and family could have taken him in in a scenario where Nancy dies and Chris either goes to jail or kills himself.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
does anyone think if eddie did not die, chris beniot would still be alive today?

I think one way or another... if Eddie hadn't died, we would've eventually seen Eddie on Raw talking about Benoit and Nancy.

Ed's death probably fukked him up bad, but he was already doin' all that other shyt, even the abuse... so it' was probably a matter of 'when' but not 'if'.

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
These two episodes together gonna change some perceptions of Chris Benoit, if only slightly.

In some ways he came off as a sympathetic character here, even though they didn't hold back in the way they presented the brutal details of what he did.

Watching David say that his father was still his hero? That shyt hit me hard, bruh. Every scene with David in it hit me hard.

Benoit was a legit good dude for most of his life, and then spiraled downward in the worst imaginable way. One of the worst stories you'll ever hear. Tragic shyt, but props to the producers of that documentary, it was dope as hell.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
The most haunting comment was David saying he wished Eddie and Chris had retired after Mania 20. One thing also was Chavo describing how Eddie was passing out mid conversation. That’s a sign of someone on the verge of a heart attack. Perhaps had Eddie went to the Doctor and they found something wrong with his heart, he would’ve been forced to stop.

Another thing is how Nancy has also been pretty much erased from history. She was great at being a valet and in this doc it opened up how helpful she was to other talent. The fact that she put her life on hold to help Vickie get through losing Eddie. She was an amazingly strong woman and was loved and respected.

the fact that Chavo AND Eddie just paid that not attention is crazy to me. Like it’s hard to believe these dudes wouldn’t think that he needs to go get checked out.