Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
these internet nikkas are clowns man.......can't imagine what breh went through then you gotta deal w a$$holes online. Dude wasn't even mad he was just on some "please stop :mjcry: " shyt

Yeah folks on this internet shyt be doing way too much, dude didn't even do nothing to nobody.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Anyone notice that dean was shaking all the way through the documentary?

During his Q&A at Starrcast III, Dean Malenko told the fans in attendance that he is suffering from Parkinson's disease. Malenko was said to be one of the highlights of the day at Starrcast as fans got to know his funny side through his dry sense of humor.

Michael J. Fox has the same thing. :francis:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
During his Q&A at Starrcast III, Dean Malenko told the fans in attendance that he is suffering from Parkinson's disease. Malenko was said to be one of the highlights of the day at Starrcast as fans got to know his funny side through his dry sense of humor.

Michael J. Fox has the same thing. :francis:

happens to boxers who took a lot of damage as well :francis: wrasslin is demonic as fukk :francis: I don't even remember dude getting dropped on his head or taking chair shots like that, damn. :to:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
happens to boxers who took a lot of damage as well :francis: wrasslin is demonic as fukk :francis: I don't even remember dude getting dropped on his head or taking chair shots like that, damn. :to:

ya Dean was very technical and low impact but I mean, Michael J Fox got it too so who knows.

Homer Simpson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, he was probably beyond help with the state that his brain was in. Once you get to the alzheimer's patient/violent outburst stage, your brain is cooked and it's really a matter of time before death or, if you're able bodied, you do something drastic to yourself or others. I'm basically beyond the point of assigning blame when it comes to this case. We know what Benoit did both before that June weekend and during said weekend, as well as how inexcusable it all is. I just want someone in the wrestling business to get a clue and take real steps toward preventing another Benoit from ever occurring. As of right now, I'm not too optimistic.

As for Nancy's legacy...

Yes, she's one of the best managers to ever do it and her contributions should definitely be remembered, but fukk the WWE Hall of Fame and everything it stands for. I absolutely hated that part of the documentary because it gave Vince's bullshyt WWE-approved history a weight and gravitas it doesn't deserve. Beyond the fact that they could never induct Nancy due to her connection with Benoit, the fact that they basically abandoned her family in their biggest time of need and never reached out to them over 13 years (Sandra not wanting JR at the funeral is one thing, but NO ONE from the WWE office reached out to them in their time of need over that time period?) AND they refuse any responsibility for creating the conditions that shaped Benoit into what he was would make any hypothetical induction a gross, self-serving spectacle on WWE's part. fukk 'em: if the WWE wants to forget their legacy, then let it be forgotten. Those of us who know Nancy's work can keep her memory alive.

I hope Sandra and David treat the WWE the way that Martha Hart treats them.

Vince blamed WCW for Elizabeth's death. Didn't have the same energy for Benoit. It's shocking how quickly Benoit's condition deteriorated after going to WWE.

Last edited:

Homer Simpson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hated how they blamed chair shots. Chair shots are horrible but the crash test dummy style that those guys had back then was probably even worse. And that element of wrestling is still huge.

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps
On some real shyt, Vince old tired ass need to get over that petty shyt and induct that Woman Nancy Benoit into the Hall of Fame. She was a l

Homer Simpson

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On some real shyt, Vince old tired ass need to get over that petty shyt and induct that lady Nancy Benoit into the Hall of Fame.

You can't really do that without Benoit being brought up in the conversation. Not by the company, but by the fans and media. A

Also I don't trust the fans in the arena to act appropriately. We just had a fan jump Bret Hart, imagine if there were Benoit chants. :snoop:

She deserves it but the WWE Hall of Fame is a joke anyways so it doesn't really matter.

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
Besides Wendi Richter, Sweet Georgia Brown's kids and maybe Princess Victoria (even though she was double talking at the end), I felt like a lot of the people in the documentary were co-signing Moolah's scumbaggery as something that was acceptable for the times. I thought my thread did more to show how much of an a$$hole she really was :manny:

This is absolutely true. The Moolah episode came off as a lot more sugarcoated than I would have expected.

There are a lot of people out there who have a lot of bad shyt to say about Moolah but I don't think the producers made any great effort to get them on the show.