Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
hopefully this new generation of wrestlers watch this shyt....the bumps these guys are taking today are absolutely nuts

tumblr_psv0urHtDv1s05wxzo2_400.gif

:huhldup::huhldup::huhldup::huhldup::huhldup::huhldup::huhldup::huhldup:
I love NJPW but they could tame down some of the head bumps just a bit. The avalanche dragon suplexes and reverse Frankensteiners are especially bad. Ring apron bumps like that are scary too because I'm pretty sure the ring has less give on the edges.

IMO a solid bump across the shoulders (think of a good but safe brainbuster like the ones Eddie, Dean, and Chavo did; or death valley drivers like what Saturn did) should be about as crazy at it gets from now on when it comes to vertical drop moves. Anything where you can tuck your chin and take it across the shoulders. If you have to take it on top of your head and hope your neck and trap muscles adsorb the impact is too much IMO.

Nothing will ever be as bad as AJPW in its prime and then early NOAH (King's Road Style) in terms of scary head drop bumps though.

Last edited:

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
even w the all japan stuff I've never seen anything as crazy as the Ibushi/Naito feud shyt. :hubie:

or

749bd692ef96880f-600x338.gif

someone needs to tell them to chill over there :hubie: having your top talent taking these types of bumps is retarded :hubie:

Naito/Ibushi clearly have some sort or suicide/death pact they do this shyt every match too:hubie:

I love some njpw due to the realism in their early scrambles and stiff work but that stuff is relatively safe outside the Shibata shyt but as soon as they start trading germans n shyt I :huhldup::huhldup:maybe I'm getting soft w old age but I don't need to see nikkas get crippled to be entertained give me a good athletic match w good storytelling and im happy. :hubie:

If I remember correctly, Okada lost feeling in one of his arms after taking that bump. Hopefully he learned something that day.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
This 100% Once your brain reaches dementia level damage, you're done. Nothing can be done. You're either going to end up hurting yourself or others. Same thing happened to former NFL player Jovan Belcher, who shot his girl then himself. Come to later find out he had CTE and his brain was all fukked up.

The underlined is how I've felt for the longest, once I saw how understood the findings and saw what his brain tissue looked like

Z8mVwG6.png

The bottom pic of Benoits brain compared to a normal healthy brain :picard:

Unfortunately, you have emotional people who don't understand this and they accuse you of defending Benoit or making excuses and making him a victim. It's not about making excuses or absolving him of any wrongdoing. What happened was absolutely horrific. But it's about why it happened and the build-up of what led to this. To ignore the evidence put in front of you is ludicrous, especially now when we fully know the effects of brain damage. NFL put the CTE issue front and center.

At this point, measures need to be put into place for all sports to protect the brain and prevent internal damage. But I doubt we'll ever see that happen

Dude, people are incapable of understanding nuance about stuff like this.

It's almost like primative.

They have to have "good guys " and "bad guys".

They don't understand that shyt is more complex than that.

Also Perry is all fukked up too.

I mean, we make fun of Jericho for never being home because of his music shyt, but that's probably extended his career & life.

He takes years out of wrestling at a time to go on tour and play music.

Those are years he's not taking bumps.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Dude, people are incapable of understanding nuance about stuff like this.

It's almost like primative.

They have to have "good guys " and "bad guys".

They don't understand that shyt is more complex than that.

I mean, we make fun of Jericho for never being home because of his music shyt, but that's probably extended his career & life.

He takes years out of wrestling at a time to go on tour and play music.

Those are years he's not taking bumps.

I totally agree it being complex

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
Watched the Benoit episode..Never knew all that was happening behind the scenes & didn't know Nancy was married to Kevin Sullivan before that :mindblown:
I watched the Von Erich episode too :wow: