Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Honestly, he was probably beyond help with the state that his brain was in. Once you get to the alzheimer's patient/violent outburst stage, your brain is cooked and it's really a matter of time before death or, if you're able bodied, you do something drastic to yourself or others. I'm basically beyond the point of assigning blame when it comes to this case. We know what Benoit did both before that June weekend and during said weekend, as well as how inexcusable it all is. I just want someone in the wrestling business to get a clue and take real steps toward preventing another Benoit from ever occurring. As of right now, I'm not too optimistic..
This 100% Once your brain reaches dementia level damage, you're done. Nothing can be done. You're either going to end up hurting yourself or others. Same thing happened to former NFL player Jovan Belcher, who shot his girl then himself. Come to later find out he had CTE and his brain was all fukked up.

The underlined is how I've felt for the longest, once I saw how understood the findings and saw what his brain tissue looked like

Z8mVwG6.png

The bottom pic of Benoits brain compared to a normal healthy brain :picard:

Unfortunately, you have emotional people who don't understand this and they accuse you of defending Benoit or making excuses and making him a victim. It's not about making excuses or absolving him of any wrongdoing. What happened was absolutely horrific. But it's about why it happened and the build-up of what led to this. To ignore the evidence put in front of you is ludicrous, especially now when we fully know the effects of brain damage. NFL put the CTE issue front and center.

At this point, measures need to be put into place for all sports to protect the brain and prevent internal damage. But I doubt we'll ever see that happen

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This 100% Once your brain reaches dementia level damage, you're done. Nothing can be done. You're either going to end up hurting yourself or others. Same thing happened to former NFL player Jovan Belcher, who shot his girl then himself. Come to later find out he had CTE and his brain was all fukked up.

The underlined is how I've felt for the longest, once I saw how understood the findings and saw what his brain tissue looked like

Z8mVwG6.png

The bottom pic of Benoits brain compared to a normal healthy brain :picard:

Unfortunately, you have emotional people who don't understand this and they accuse you of defending Benoit or making excuses and making him a victim. It's not about making excuses or absolving him of any wrongdoing. What happened was absolutely horrific. But it's about why it happened and the build-up of what led to this. To ignore the evidence put in front of you is ludicrous, especially now when we fully know the effects of brain damage. NFL put the CTE issue front and center.

At this point, measures need to be put into place for all sports to protect the brain and prevent internal damage. But I doubt we'll ever see that happen
What are you talking about? You don't see people complaining about how soft the NFL has gotten, or how the WWE isn't as violent as it used to be? That's why you had neckbeards salivating over the AEW Blood and Guts ppv.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw the event where Owen died on TV, that was shocking cause saw him growing up, to me that may be the worst wrestling death had seen cause was during an event like that, about someone you grew up watching and enjoying the work of, was surreal.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Part 1 has some tough moments to revisit but was very well done. No clue that Eddie was still alive when chavo got in the room. Eddie OD'ing 3 times and Vicki leaving him the last time:mjcry: Running Part two now. I remember being a fresh in college when this happened and it was tough being a wrestling fan. With the rise of YouTube, ditch's site, etc I dived into puro pretty heavy as the E was trash anyway.

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
man..... feel so bad for David Benoit.

God only knows how much this has impacted him mentally

Yeah I feel so bad for him

I hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling he might not live that long,you can tell he is so messed up mentally and doesn't know how to handle it

Does Dean have als?

I was wondering the same thing cause everytime I see him it's like he's trying to not shake but he can't help it

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
Great episode,I have a lot of random thoughts on it but I'm not that good at reviewing stuff that I've watched but I'll try

I feel so bad for David,his life has to miserable because of all the idiots trying to be funny online,you can tell he still doesn't know how to deal with it

Salute to Chavo & Jericho for checking in on David and making sure he is ok,there better not be any slander towards Chavito on here ever again :ufdup:

Salute to Chris Nowinski for the work he is doing with concussions

Hearing Vickie & Chavo discussing Eddie's death was so hard,when she said the third time he overdosed she just left him there and prayed :mjcry:

I loved seeing Chavo check on David at the end when he was crying then Sandra walking over and hugging him was a great moment

I really think those two need each other and I hope they remain close

I'm sure I forgot some things I wanted to add

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
thats tradition...they were doing that shyt in all japan in the 90s-00s..dropping nikkas on their heads

that was the shyt that eventually killed misawa

even w the all japan stuff I've never seen anything as crazy as the Ibushi/Naito feud shyt. :hubie:

or

749bd692ef96880f-600x338.gif

someone needs to tell them to chill over there :hubie: having your top talent taking these types of bumps is retarded :hubie:

Naito/Ibushi clearly have some sort or suicide/death pact they do this shyt every match too:hubie:

I love some njpw due to the realism in their early scrambles and stiff work but that stuff is relatively safe outside the Shibata shyt but as soon as they start trading germans n shyt I :huhldup::huhldup:maybe I'm getting soft w old age but I don't need to see nikkas get crippled to be entertained give me a good athletic match w good storytelling and im happy. :hubie: