Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
@TheGreatShowtime Perry Saturn is definitely not in a good place breh. Also I do think he was kind of a fourth wheel to Chris, Eddie, and Dean. I think they all were tight but the relationship of the former 3 went back further all the way to their times in japan together.

this is Saturn as if a year ago talking about his own CTE.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The most haunting comment was David saying he wished Eddie and Chris had retired after Mania 20. One thing also was Chavo describing how Eddie was passing out mid conversation. That’s a sign of someone on the verge of a heart attack. Perhaps had Eddie went to the Doctor and they found something wrong with his heart, he would’ve been forced to stop.

Another thing is how Nancy has also been pretty much erased from history. She was great at being a valet and in this doc it opened up how helpful she was to other talent. The fact that she put her life on hold to help Vickie get through losing Eddie. She was an amazingly strong woman and was loved and respected.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The most haunting comment was David saying he wished Eddie and Chris had retired after Mania 20. One thing also was Chavo describing how Eddie was passing out mid conversation. That’s a sign of someone on the verge of a heart attack. Perhaps had Eddie went to the Doctor and they found something wrong with his heart, he would’ve been forced to stop.

Another thing is how Nancy has also been pretty much erased from history. She was great at being a valet and in this doc it opened up how helpful she was to other talent. The fact that she put her life on hold to help Vickie get through losing Eddie. She was an amazingly strong woman and was loved and respected.

Yeah, maybe it could be a healing moment Nancy going in the Hall Of Fame, I can understand why Chris wouldn't be allowed but Nancy hadn't done anything as far as we know that should prevent her. Her sister could induct her, David could be there too.

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jericho connecting David with Nancy's sister is incredibly heartwarming. There's no way anyone can imagine what they went through

:mjcry: I don't know if I'm gonna be able to handle the Owen episode. According to Cornette, this will be the first time Martha gets to share her side of the story.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
@TheGreatShowtime Perry Saturn is definitely not in a good place breh. Also I do think he was kind of a fourth wheel to Chris, Eddie, and Dean. I think they all were tight but the relationship of the former 3 went back further all the way to their times in japan together.

this is Saturn as if a year ago talking about his own CTE.

Not sure if you heard the updated Radicalz episode on Bruce Prichard's podcast, but Saturn was the one who first made communication with the WWE to get them all there. They wanted Saturn over all of the other guys.

I think you're probably right about Saturn probably being a fourth wheel, but I'm guessing he wasn't in the documentary 1) because they couldn't find him, 2) he wasn't in any capacity to contribute, or 3) he chose not to be apart of it. I think his life was probably spiraling whenever Eddie/Benoit died too. He left the WWE back in 2002.

2CT

Prolific Poster
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My Own 🌍
the part where the Fayette County sheriff was giving the analysis of what he saw when he first got to Benoit's house with the pictures and that background music was straight :merchant: and really put in perspective how horrifying this really was for Nancy and Daniel, like some Amityville horror "catch em kill em" type shyt

Nancy should definitely go in the HOF and it's unfair that her entire legacy had to get tossed in the bushes just cause of what Benoit did, WWE is wrong for shunning the entire family when they should've just shunned Chris Benoit

Benoit was an excellent wrestler but outside the ring dude was an abusive husband, a drug abuser, had PTSD and brain issues and this act he committed was the explosion of all those factors combined, i was a fan and just as geeked as anyone when he won the title at WM 20 but nothing excuses what he did because as a grown man he should've sought out the help he knew he needed instead of just snapping and doing this heinous shyt

Kid Kash

Time for the Moneymaker
Daps
It's fukked up to think that there is an even more insane timeline of this where Benoit does this & then gets on a flight & goes back to work like it didn't happen :mindblown:
What's even worse, he was booked to win the title...