Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was honestly surprised there was absolutely no mention of him at all in this. Maybe he wasn’t as close to Benoit like Dean & Eddie tho, who knows :yeshrug:

It seemed like he was deliberately not mentioned for some reason too, they didn't even mention him coming in with them even when he was on screen.

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
Part 2 was deep :wow:

WWE not reaching out to Nancy’s sister or David Benoit is not surprising to me. They wanted to keep their hands clear of ANYTHING related to Benoit’s legacy. Which is a damn shame when you see how they handled Ultimate Warrior’s death after all the fukked up shyt he said about not only the company but people of color as well :mjpls:

And I also noticed they didn’t go TOO in depth about WWE’s knowledge about Chris’s actions because that would have opened A WHOLE CAN of worms. They just gave them a light tap about their wellness policy and kept it moving..

Jericho, Chavo, and Dean are stand up dudes. Jericho going out the way to reconnected David and Nancy’s sister had me like :to:

This whole thing then made me wonder what would have happened if Eddie didn’t die. I feel that Eddie and Chris would have kept wrestling for a few more years and slowly wind down. I could see Eddie being more of a backstage role and probably become a trainer at the performance center.

With Chris...i could still see him dying. But I see it to natural causes. Cause if you read that autopsy report his brain was already fukked up. And i think he had an enlarged heart too. So in a way it was just a matter of time.

However I’m sure his legacy would have been cemented and WWE would have looked back at his career a lot more fondly.

Damn shame :snoop:

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
People look for cte and his brain being mush being the cause, but this shyt really ain't that deep

This was an abusive relationship and this is how they end. Nancy sent a text the day before he killed her to her friend because she was afraid he was gonna kill her.

fukk Chris Benoit he ruined wrestling.
:dahell:Willful ignorance is a terrible thing...

His brain being mush had everything to do with it.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I was honestly surprised there was absolutely no mention of him at all in this. Maybe he wasn’t as close to Benoit like Dean & Eddie tho, who knows :yeshrug:

I think he's in a bad place. Last I saw him, he had a huge tattoo on his face and was asking for donations. That was maybe 2018.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp

I think he's in a bad place. Last I saw him, he had a huge tattoo on his face and was asking for donations. That was maybe 2018.

Looks like he's doing better now. This is from last year :ehh:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Which is a damn shame when you see how they handled Ultimate Warrior’s death after all the fukked up shyt he said about not only the company but people of color as well :mjpls:

:francis:

you serious breh? I had to take Flair & HBK out favorite list cause they were on some racist shyt..gotta do the same for the Warrior now I see

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Will there be outtakes from this?

There's a lot of things that struck me from this and also at the time it was something that effected me, as I really felt for Daniel and Nancy and even Chris because wasn't sure what could cause somebody to do something like that, to their own innocent child.

I'm along the lines of Sandra's thinking, I do believe the CTE and brain damage played a significant role but I also think it was a possible bad combination of shyt, drugs, alcohol, pressure, family tensions and it all just came together in a terrible mix and he snapped.

I find it hard to blame him fully, I have complex emotions about it, what he did was horrific, it really was, hearing it in the documentary even more so, it was brutal and terrible. But I wonder how much was he in control, mentally and emotionally, sometimes animals snap and do things they never would before, same can happen with humans. I'm not sure anybody knows or will ever know, because you can't fully look into someone's mind and heart but the evidence instigates there could be strong factors that would make this more likely to happen, but the extent is the question we probably will never know.

The worst thing he could probably have done is murder Nancy in an argument/fight and then he was so cowardly he calculated he didn't want Daniel to know what had happened and look at him different so he killed him too. If he was of sound mind, that would make him a very low human being regardless of his wrestling accomplishments.

But I struggle with the fact of not knowing, I don't know so can only leave it in God's hands. But the act to a normal person sounds completely illogical, why would somebody possibly do that? Surely a logical mind if they were beefing with their wife like that would just leave? And still have contact with your kid and maybe get another wife 1 day. It's not like he would have been short of options.

So I wonder was it an accident and he was aware or was it something that was out of control, it's been proven he had severe brain damage though and for anybody to think that couldn't have played a huge role just doesn't make sense to me. It could possibly be the key reason, they were married for a while and fought and he never killed her any of those times, so what was different this time? This brain damage getting worse could be a factor, when you experience trauma it makes you more susceptible to mental illness too. And IF it was due to mental illness or mostly I find it hard to have hatred for him. At the moment I'm in the mind state of not being able to judge without knowing.

I think from the documentary it reinforces that a lot of the conspiracies probably don't hold weight and it was something internal, maybe he did feel paranoid but it could be due to the brain damage, it seemed like he was losing it more and more and maybe because he wasn't the emotional anyway people overlooked it.

TUA TAGOVAILOA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
bama
I think he meant religious in the sense of adhering to routine/discipline and that it was very unlike him to not show up somewhere.
That's why it was unnecessary because it's not like non-religious ppl can't adhere to schedules and routine lol

The religious part of this is nutty. It happening over 3 days, the resurrection stuff. the bibles by the bodies. The information about the murder of Nancy was disgusting to hear, and it's hard to get over.
Yea if anything all that religious bs in his head about being able to be with his wife and kid and Eddie in heaven just made shyt worse. He obviously was miserable and wanted to end his own life but him thinking his wife and kid would be in heaven with him is religions fault.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not gonna get into this story too specifically but I had a friend who killed himself, he shot himself. There was signs something was wrong for a while, he started to become more distant from people, stopped reaching out and within himself, even damaging some relationships he had with others. In hindsight could see he was sinking as a whole.

At 1 point he had some issues with some people and he was about to kill all of them (and he meant it), he called me because am someone he'd look to to talk to and confide in and I listened but also talked him out of it, cause I knew if he did that shyt he was gonna be in jail forever and the situation had other options he could take rather than shooting them all like that with no escape, he would not only be signing their death sentence but also his own.

The reason in a way it reminds me of Chris Benoit, is my friend was very intelligent and people would never of known, he could still function very well, but mentally he was having a breakdown, he faced a lot of trauma throughout his life and he was starting to lose it and snap. People can have these kind of mental breakdowns without general people knowing it, even people close to them, but they may see a few signs, either at the time or in hindsight, but you never know something like that is about to go down until it finally actually happens.

Clearly Chris was having issues, the texts from the documentary show him and Nancy were having big marital issues too, possibly relating to his steroid use/abuse. My friend spoke to people who considered him to act normal within a few days of him killing himself, they couldn't tell anything was wrong, sometimes these things can be happening and many not realize.

You sometimes never know what's going on with someone internally, especially when they start to withdraw, on an emotional level but also a mental level.

I still think there's legs in the Chris Benoit story where we could find out more and make more sense of it, I'd like to see full transcripts of those texts that flashed across the screen.

Last edited: