Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hadn't heard of this show before seeing people on Twitter talking about the first part of the Benoit episode on Twitter a few days ago. To be honest I didn't even know Vice had their own network.

But I'm definitely watching the New Jack fukkery next week :mjlol:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Were you there when all of it went down?

nah..moved down here two years after the fact. I stay in the black part of Fayetteville in a different county from where his house and the rest of the city is. Nobody ever said anything about in my part of the city, but I’m sure it was the talk of the town in the white part. Their part of Fayetteville is the typical small southern town you’ll see on TV where everyone goes to the same church and everyone knows each other, and they have festivals throughout the year.

I never seen the crib till about two years ago. I always knew it happened here, & wanted to ride past it. It’s kind of ducked off in the woods on a dirt road, & it’s only like 3 houses on the street.

not surprised nobody heard anything & they weren’t found till a couple days after the fact.

I think the house is on its second owner since the killings happened. Ain’t no way in the hell id spend 1 night in that crib

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Watching the 2nd part now and they mentioned William Regal stayed near Benoit.

I met Regal in about 98/99 in another part of Atlanta when I was a kid. He was one of the nicest dudes I’ve ever met. First time actually hearing someone in person with a British accent tripped me out, & he took time out of his day to chop it up with a young black boy :salute:

Told me he was about to leave WCW for WWF & to look out for him

I’m not the type to care about meeting celebrities or what’s going on with them, but if he still lives in Fayetteville I’d love to run into him again some day

Kid Kash

Time for the Moneymaker
Daps
The first part was deep, the second part even deeper. I think Jericho explains it the best, Benoit wanted to have a legacy and with this act, he completely tarnished it. Something was wrong, either roid rage, CTE, PTSD (Eddie's death destroyed him) or anything else. It's still not justifying what he did, but it puts it in a more accepting perspective for anyone who worked with Benoit, watched his career or whatever.

Besides, it shows what great standup guys Chavo, Jericho and Dean are.
Nowinski as well by the way, for conducting the CTE scan and being worried about his former colleagues. I think Vice could've attributes more time to it.

Plus the interviews with Vince after the murder-suicide, I think they should've also shown the Mr Kennedy interview and then the week later him being caught with roids, showing that the wellness policy is still a fluke.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
People look for cte and his brain being mush being the cause, but this shyt really ain't that deep

This was an abusive relationship and this is how they end. Nancy sent a text the day before he killed her to her friend because she was afraid he was gonna kill her.

fukk Chris Benoit he ruined wrestling.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Couldn’t help but feel terrible for David. Glad he and Nancy’s sister got to meet up and start to rebuild their relationship. It’s terribly unfair to treat the kid like a pariah because of what his father did. He’s as much a victim in all of this, he lost three important people in his life in one fell swoop. We can argue all day about why Chris did what he did and some of you can say “fukk him” and you’re absolutely right to say that. I still don’t believe it’s that simple, I think a combination of many things led to him doing what he did.

Down the line we’re gonna find out that a lot of these 90’s and early 00’s guys will end up having CTE.