Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
God bless Martha Hart, that's a strong woman.

Even after losing her husband, had some of his family turn on her and WWE tried to bully her out of that lawsuit and she still out here feeding families and building houses in Owens name while stunting on that Glorified HOF. And the kids are successful and happy

I'm usually against the whole cancel culture. But this might be the one chance to get Kevin Dunn the fukk out

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
God bless Martha Hart, that's a strong woman.

Even after losing her husband, had some of his family turn on her and WWE tried to bully her out of that lawsuit and she still out here feeding families and building houses in Owens name while stunting on that Glorified HOF. And the kids are successful and happy

I'm usually against the whole cancel culture. But this might be the one chance to get Kevin Dunn the fukk out
Ain't no way he'll get exiled. You know the company he works for? They always find a way to overcome the odds. :francis:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
That’s not totally accurate I read recently. I believe I read Owen and Bret actually had a bit of an argument over that. Bret wanted Owen to leave, but Owen was hesitant to leave as he liked working there and he had years left on his deal. In fact, WWE upped his pay after the screwjob to convince him to stick around. Owen alluded to it this rare interview:

When I mean peaked, I mean in terms of position on the card, from 93-97 Owen was ranged from upper mid carder, occasional main eventer, or mid carder. Post-screwjob, he was a directionless mid carder stuck in the mud career wise. It was clear Owen was pushed down the card for being Bret Har’s brother imo. The fact that Russo had him as the Blue Blazer was clear that Owen wasn’t seen favorably in the company anymore.

No, Martha talked about it in the book.

Owen tried to get his release to go with Bret, Davey, and Jim, but Vince wouldn't let him go

So, it was Elizabeth Neidhart (Nattie's mother) who stole the documents from Martha and gave it to the WWE lawyers. Not a surprise :francis:

So, what the fukk is up with her?

Is she retarded or something?

I mean, she looks and acts like it.

This is what gets me, because the Kahn family are Trump supporters and AEW has people on their staff that's done foul shyt. Pro Wrestling is a dirty business just like Hollywood, yet people still watch movies and tv shows. I don't think people realize that if the WWE were to go away then that's pretty much it for pro wrestling in America. This belief that if the WWE went away it would lead to a resurgence of the indies is not true. What we don't want to admit is that we knew all this shyt and still watched because we want to be entertained.

I don't know if Tony Khan is a Trump supporter (I seriously doubt it as he's a young, progressive guy), but I know his father Shahid Khan donated to Trump's inaguration, which like 17 other NFL owners did as well.

There is no Vince and sports owners in this conversation. You’re comparing storylines, characters and choreographed moves to Actual competitive sports with players who don’t act out their sport. :mjlol: :comeon:

Wrasslin is like an actual Hollywood TV show: sometimes it runs its course and you just gotta step away.

Dude, you're one of those guys that doesn't know that sports is entertainment, too? :francis:

Muhammad Ali admitted he got his gimmick from Gorgeous George.

Guys like Tyson Fury & Conor McGregor are constantly channeling Vince McMahon

Sports is every bit as fickle as the WWE, even with scripted programming.

Plenty of teams run their course and should be stepped away too.

Just look at the Bulls after they broke up the dynasty with Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman.

They aint really been shyt since.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Dude, you're one of those guys that doesn't know that sports is entertainment, too? :francis:

Muhammad Ali admitted he got his gimmick from Gorgeous George.

Guys like Tyson Fury & Conor McGregor are constantly channeling Vince McMahon

Sports is every bit as fickle as the WWE, even with scripted programming.

Plenty of teams run their course and should be stepped away too.

Just look at the Bulls after they broke up the dynasty with Jordan, Pippen, and Rodman.

They aint really been shyt since.
I know basketball and others are sports entertainment, but you can’t compare predetermined theatrical fights to actual sports like football and such. It’s just stupid. Wrasslin is a different breed; it’s a balance of sports and theater.

You’re comparing teams to E programming? That makes no damn sense and such a reach. :dwillhuh: :snoop:

You’re always gonna have people inspired by something; doesn’t matter if it’s wrasslers or comic book characters.

Can we stop going off course From my original post? Dude’s analogy was weird to me. I would get it if he used it for a specific wrestler (wrestler would represent the sports team), but to represent an entire industry is odd. If you wanna waste 3 hours every Monday go ahead. :manny:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Watched just now and that left me heated :francis: glad Martha and her children have taken this experience and are helping others via the Owen Hart foundation.

Must've been awful for Jim Ross and Jerry for witnessing that but JR still stayed with the WWF/E kissing Vince's ass while being embarrassed constantly by them...until they fired him for something that wasn't his fault and only bring him back for a pity party.
And :pacspit: all those neckbeards that called Martha vindictive.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's no chance in hell Martha would accept their donation.

well then she cares less about saving lives and honoring Owen and more about making a point

WWE has deep pockets and the money would go a long way.

decline the donation, for what? that will really teach the kids in Africa a lesson

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps
Wish WWE luck on their future endeavors.

full

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vince should be in a prison cell with his boy Trump.

It must be nice to get away with killing someone out of negligence because you're rich and white.

i respectfully disagree

Vince is a scumbag and sh1tty person but I don’t think he’s directly or even indirectly the one responsible for owen’s death

and I say that because the logistics of the rigging were poor, and I’m sure he was very far removed from that process

the owner of a billion dollar company isn’t going to spend any time evaluating harnesses, clips, etc. all of that gets delegated many times over with multiple degrees of separation

Vince owns the shyt storm for everything AFTER owen’s death - continuing the show, law suits, etc. but the actual death - I don’t think it’s fair to blame him.

Last edited:

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
I could be wrong but years ago for Raw’s 15th or 20th anniversary Martha signed off on them using Owen’s voice in the intro.

I’m curious to how all of it works

Kinguno

The Immortal
Daps
Reppin
New York
The reasons why the Owen Hart episode wasn't two hours is because of planning and shyt involving the network. They didn't think they would be able to do an Owen episode. The Benoit episode got two hours because of how prepared they were for it.

Their main reason why it wasn't two hours was because Martha wants to do a feature length film on Owen one day and they didn't wanna cannibalize content.

Martha won’t ever be able to do a movie also before the show came to be this was one of the stories that were promoted

could be in my head or not I recall there was going to to be a back to back thing with the ScrewJob then Owen I remember the show was supposed to start sooner

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I could be wrong but years ago for Raw’s 15th or 20th anniversary Martha signed off on them using Owen’s voice in the intro.

I’m curious to how all of it works

Good question. The WWE couldn't even put Owen's name in a title for a YouTube video.

I always thought that was odd.