Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Can someone refresh my mind on what the ringboy scandal is?

Basically, around '92 there was a guy who said Patterson, Terry Garvin (an agent), and Mel Phillips (black ring announcer from the 80s) used to either sexually harass or do sexual things with the young boys they hired to set the rings up. And after he said this, there were others who spoke up as well. It tied in to other things at the time such as the referee Rita Chatterton saying Vince raped her, and Barry Orton saying Patterson and Garvin used to sexually harass wrestlers...

Patterson resigned, Garvin got let go, Philps got let go. Only one that ever came back was Patterson.

Kid Kash

Time for the Moneymaker
Daps
Also wwe should donate yearly to the owen hart foundation
I think Martha would flat out refuse that, as a) she doesn't want to have anything to do with WWE and would feel it would tarnish Owen's legacy (ie. Blood money) and b) WWE would probably market the f*ck out of the fact that "they're one of the biggest donators for the Owen Hart Foundation", probably even try to sell WWE-shirts with the OHF logo on it.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
I think Martha would flat out refuse that, as a) she doesn't want to have anything to do with WWE and would feel it would tarnish Owen's legacy (ie. Blood money) and b) WWE would probably market the f*ck out of the fact that "they're one of the biggest donators for the Owen Hart Foundation", probably even try to sell WWE-shirts with the OHF logo on it.
They'd make a whole month out of it to absolve themselves of their part in it.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Its shytty because what was saving a few seconds after he landing safely REALLY gonna do?

If you thought the original harness made him look goofy....then just don't do that fukking entrance

if what Russo said was true the 2 seconds didnt matter. Switching owen to enter first would negate that. the camera would cut to godfather while the ref helps unbuckle owen