Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
i want to see Brian Pillman.
The director and executive producer of the show were on IG Live this afternoon and said they'd definitely wanna do an episode on Brian Pillman.

They have to have enough content to cover 43 minutes of TV time and they have to be able to get enough people together to interview. On top of that there's legal issues and other things they have to deal with. It's not as easy as, hey we wanna do an episode on Brian Pillman and it just happens.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS

This guy is the Director of Dark Side of the Ring.

This guy is the Executive Producer of Dark Side of the Ring

They were the ones doing an IG Live this afternoon. I think they are viewable for 24 hours after the Live ends.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

This guy is the Director of Dark Side of the Ring.

This guy is the Executive Producer of Dark Side of the Ring

They were the ones doing an IG Live this afternoon. I think they are viewable for 24 hours after the Live ends.

It’s clear if Vice don’t want it, there will be many suitors

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
“Once your heart is no longer beating anymore, I could just see his face turn gray, from the tip of his nose all the way down his face as the blood was settling in his body. I knew, I realized that moment right then, that Owen was gone.”

You can actually search for photos of Owen being worked on in the ring that night, one of which shows his face after they got the Blue Blazer mask off. His face is an ashen white and my god is it creepy. I've seen dead bodies in person before, but you don't quite get used to that visual. No wonder Lawler looked the way he did when he came back to the announce desk.

Something else I didn't know until last night: If you were watching the Spanish language feed of Over the Edge 1999, you can actually hear the impact Owen's body makes on the ring when he falls. The commentators are translating his interview, and they immediately have to break from their translation duties to let everyone know what happened. Can't remember the name of the video, but it's out there.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The director and executive producer of the show were on IG Live this afternoon and said they'd definitely wanna do an episode on Brian Pillman.

They have to have enough content to cover 43 minutes of TV time and they have to be able to get enough people together to interview. On top of that there's legal issues and other things they have to deal with. It's not as easy as, hey we wanna do an episode on Brian Pillman and it just happens.

i know its not that easy and simple, i was just saying what i would like to see.

Question to everyone:
is there a BTS doc on the outsiders and what lead to hogan agreeing to turn heel?

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Question to everyone:
is there a BTS doc on the outsiders and what lead to hogan agreeing to turn heel?

Not that I'm familiar with but I'm guessing between shoot interviews and podcasts you'll find some stuff on youtube or wherever

WWE did I think two documentary DVDs on the NWO, they might have talked it on one or both. WWE dvds tend to be partial kayfabe, the wrestlers break character in interviews but they don't really give too much behind the scenes info thats not already out there or widely known

Daps
Why is Kevin Dunn still employed? He's not even good at his job anymore.

Kevin Dunn's family goes back with the WWF, from Vince Sr. days. Dennis Dunn saved a trunk full of the film from a TV taping out of a car fire, or so the story goes. Vince was so grateful that he promised Kevin a job for as long as he wanted one. And subsequently, according to Jim Cornette, Kevin Dunn became Vince's number 1 yes man.

A few years ago, there were rumors of a Game of Thrones style struggle between Dunn and Triple H for control of creative direction. The way NXT has gone way downhill since it became a USA show kind of shows who won that one -- until Vince is wheeled out, that is.

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
- Bret vs owen is one my fav matches

- This piece of shyt jim ross actn all high and mighty..."i knew something was wrong before the match" yet he stayed with wwe until they fired his bitter hoe ass

- Dont like that vince sued his wife..

-I think owen would wana be in the HOF with his family but i understand his wife wishes.

-nobody likes dunn rat teeth

-whats up with bret can see his nephew/niece...thats odd

- I always thought he hit the ring post

ThaBronxBully

Postin’ & Toastin’ Since 02’
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Heavy Episode

It’s Been Said But Damn, So Many Ways This Could Of Been Avoided

From Being The Blue Blazer In The First Place To The Rigging Crew To The Pointless Descending