Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Just a few random thoughts...

Lately I've been enjoying the Grilling JR podcast cause he says shyt the fans have been saying for years. Doesn't hold anything back and isn't a Yes man to the wrestling business. When he said the way they were using Owen was embarrassing was refreshing to hear. Bruce Prichard would've been on some "we were trying to tell a story with the blue blazer"

:scust:

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
The reasons why the Owen Hart episode wasn't two hours is because of planning and shyt involving the network. They didn't think they would be able to do an Owen episode. The Benoit episode got two hours because of how prepared they were for it.

Their main reason why it wasn't two hours was because Martha wants to do a feature length film on Owen one day and they didn't wanna cannibalize content.

folasade

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Hart family didn't have to agree with Martha, but they should have just stayed out of it and let her do her thing with the lawsuit. Sabotaging her was beyond fukked up, because she's still family. I'm not too surprised by Vince and his cronies.

The Ring Boy scandal needs to be on Season 3. The spotlight needs to be put on Pat Patterson.

Daps
The Ring Boy scandal needs to be on Season 3. The spotlight needs to be put on Pat Patterson.

Pat Patterson wasn't involved in the ring boy allegations. The man named in the incident was Terry Garvin. Pat got fired/resigned because he was the person who advocated for Garvin to be hired. None of the three complainants ever stated that Pat Patterson was involved in any sexual harassment.

Ruby'sRevolver

Man in the Black Hat
Daps
I always wanted to hear Lawler's take on the accident. I think he saw a good portion of the fall and elbowed JR as he was about to hit the ring. He also ran in the ring and saw Owen face to face, and went to the back with him.

He talked about it on a podcast a few years ago.

Here's a couple quotes from the podcast I found..

“It just seems hard to believe it’s been 18 years since that night. Because that night is still so vivid in my mind.

For some reason, I was looking around as the promo was playing. I glanced up and was looking around. And as the promo was going, I just saw something. I couldn’t say that I saw it; saw Owen actually fall. I just saw a blur.”

“Once your heart is no longer beating anymore, I could just see his face turn gray, from the tip of his nose all the way down his face as the blood was settling in his body. I knew, I realized that moment right then, that Owen was gone.”

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
The Hart family didn't have to agree with Martha, but they should have just stayed out of it and let her do her thing with the lawsuit. Sabotaging her was beyond fukked up, because she's still family. I'm not too surprised by Vince and his cronies.

The ring boy scandal gonna be tough because who’s gonna be willing to talk on camera about it? Tom Cole was paid off so long ago that he was in the Donahue crowd sitting next to Miss Elizabeth and Linda in case he was mentioned.