Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
interesting bitcoin section of this bloomberg article:

Markets Are Losing Their Patience With Trump

I’ll admit that as much as I try to understand Bitcoin, I still don’t get it. It still seems to be to be a vehicle for drug dealers to transfer money and others to avoid taxes and scrutiny and I don’t get the mathematical creation. What I can understand, however, are charts, and if anything looks like a late cycle bubble, it’s this one. It seems hard to believe, but Bitcoin now has a $69.7 billion market value. I’ve overlaid Bitcoin with the Nasdaq Telecom Index going back to 2000 for a curious comparison.

600x-1.png

Bloomberg Prophets Professionals offering actionable insights on markets, the economy and monetary policy. Contributors may have a stake in the areas they write about.

To contact the author of this story:
David Ader at dader2@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story:
Robert Burgess at bburgess@bloomberg.net

its easy to take any 2 a$$hole charts and point out similarities:troll:
my questions on this is
-are we looking at the run up in 2 similar or even close time frames? (dude says this is telecom going back to year 2000 so I'm guessing no, not exactly)
-how is bit coin related to or even comparable the telecom sector?
-why not compare it to the whole S&P index or compare it to a currency sector instead?
:rudy:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
NEO Antshares
My boy is gloating and im here with the :mjcry:

Its at $35 now:mjcry:

I was clowning him at $1.6 :mjcry:

They about to start dropping ICOs but all my money is tied up already,I cant get in for a while :mjcry:

That shyts gonna hit like ether did :francis:

Alaafin

#TeamLawrence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Vine City
where's the best place to go to learn more about this stuff :lupe:

NEO Antshares
My boy is gloating and im here with the :mjcry:

Its at $35 now:mjcry:

I was clowning him at $1.6 :mjcry:

They about to start dropping ICOs but all my money is tied up already,I cant get in for a while :mjcry:

That shyts gonna hit like ether did :francis:
I'm buying into this now
is this bad :lupe:

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
NEO still gonna go up, but its too late for the crazy % increases now. Everyone going in now will do well but you need volume. Needed to be on it when it was WAY lower and you would be laying back right now grinning like fukk. Im all the way pissed that I missed both NEO and ARK this year.

Ark is still below $2 but its going to hit 10 probably early next year and I legit had a chance at sub 37 cents levels IIRC. Dropping 2k or so on it back then would have been just :picard:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
where's the best place to go to learn more about this stuff :lupe:

I'm buying into this now
is this bad :lupe:

Nah your good. You're just late. Its still got room to grow. They just started serving ICOs.

NEO still gonna go up, but its too late for the crazy % increases now. Everyone going in now will do well but you need volume. Needed to be on it when it was WAY lower and you would be laying back right now grinning like fukk. Im all the way pissed that I missed both NEO and ARK this year.

Ark is still below $2 but its going to hit 10 probably early next year and I legit had a chance at sub 37 cents levels IIRC. Dropping 2k or so on it back then would have been just :picard:

yea......thats whats up

RiffRaff

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston to LA like I'm Robert Horry.

I bought like 70 shares but a nikka should have gone all in :francis:

BushidoBrown

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
now entire countries are hoppin on the crypto currency wave :dame:

A small European nation is launching its own version of bitcoin

Estonia wants to launch its own government-backed cryptocurrency called 'estcoin'
  • Estonia has proposed to launch its own state-backed cryptocurrency, called "estcoin".
  • Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin apparently gave feedback on the digital currency.
  • It would be launched via the digital coin community's version of crowdfunding - an initial coin offering (ICO).
Ryan Browne | @Ryan_Browne_
Published 15 Hours Ago | Updated 15 Hours AgoCNBC.com

Vyacheslav Prokofyev | TASS | Getty Images
Estonia wants to issue its own virtual currency with the help of Ethereum founder Vitalik Buterin.

The cryptocurrency, called "estcoin," could be launched via the digital coin community's version of crowdfunding – an initial coin offering (ICO).

ICOs enable start-ups to raise funds by selling off cryptocoins, such as bitcoin and ether, in return for cash. They are similar to initial public offerings (IPOs), but differ in that they deal with supporters of a project, making the investment more personal.

The small eastern European country is no stranger to digital innovation. It was the first country to offer citizens of the world "e-residency," a digital ID for non-Estonians that offers access to services like banking, payment processing and taxation.

Kaspar Korjus, managing director at e-Residency, Enterprise Estonia, said that the initiative was about creating a "borderless digital nation".

"A government-supported ICO would give more people a bigger stake in the future of our country and provide not just investment, but also more expertise and ideas to help us grow exponentially," Korjus said in a blog post on Monday.

Ethereum founder provided estcoin feedback
Vitalik Buterin, who founded the blockchain network Ethereum in 2014, is a keen backer of Estonia's digital innovations and has provided feedback on its estcoin proposal, Korjus said.

Getty Images Vitalik Buterin, founder of ethereum

"An ICO within the e-residency ecosystem would create a strong incentive alignment between e-residents and this fund, and beyond the economic aspect makes the e-residents feel like more of a community since there are more things they can do together," Buterin said.

"Additionally if these estcoins are issued on top of a blockchain (they could possibly be issued in multiple formats at the same time, nothing wrong with this) then it would become easy and convenient to use them inside of smart contracts and other applications," Buterin said in his blog post.

Blockchains are distributed ledgers that serve as the foundation for digital coin transactions.

According to Korjus, more than 22,000 "e-residents" from 138 countries have signed up to the initiative, and make "an enormous contribution" to the Estonian economy.

Estonia 'the only truly digital society'
Last month Estonian President Kersti Kaljulaid said that her nation was "the only truly digital society," underpinned by the state.

"Almost all our citizens' interactions with the government, including voting, can be done securely online, and our 'e-residents' can incorporate and run their businesses in Estonia without ever having to set foot here," she said in an article for the Telegraph.

"Seeing this digital revolution up close has made me question whether the state as we know it today is fit for the 21st century."
:ehh:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So Bitcoin back on the rise. If anyone has a spare 1k-2k I would hop in. Within 6 months it will be 500$ alot of startup companies will have what they're working on out.

I'm very close to having a exchange done. Working on security and all the legal aspects. I also went through my old hard drive and found a bitcoin wallet with 25 bitcoins from Bitcoin faucet back in the day. When I got those coins I think they where worth like 10 cent a piece and forgot all about them. Now they're worth $5000.
Wow you tried to tell us. fukk!!!