Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
when mt gox shut down, hardware dropped immediately. everyone was selling hardware and prices dropped. hardware still dropping to this day..

not sure of bitcoin prices but i'd assume due to no demand in hardware prices dropped sharply..

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Thanks for all the info learned a lot. I'm a amateur when it comes to bit coin, but i can i tell its going to big. One more Q, what is MT Govt? Why was it so important to bit coin? Was it like a bit coin bank?

Mt. Gox. is one of the original and at the time the biggest Bitcoin exchange. An exchange is basically where you exchange fiat currency for bitcoins.

It is not a bank. You should never leave your bitcoins on exchanges as you have no control over them.[DOUBLEPOST=1397587739][/DOUBLEPOST]
when mt gox shut down, hardware dropped immediately. everyone was selling hardware and prices dropped. hardware still dropping to this day..

not sure of bitcoin prices but i'd assume due to no demand in hardware prices dropped sharply..

lower prices makes it less profitable for miners as some, if not most, usually cash out the Bitcoins they mine at current exchange rate

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
That bloomberg bytch is perhaps one of the dumbest people i've seen interview someone? Comparing Bitcoin to Napster? Really?

not my first time watching interviews of her. she always using the same cassette tape :mjlol:

but what about the volatility :ohhh:

act like altcoin are actually relevant brehs

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dorian Nakamoto thanks bitcoin users for donations after Newsweek flub
dorian-nakamoto-thanks-bitcoin-users.si.jpg

Dorian Satoshi Nakamoto appeared in a short YouTube video Tuesday, thanking users of the cryptocurrency who have given him money and supported him through the media firestorm that began earlier this year.

Nakamoto was the subject of an extensive Newsweek piece in which the magazine purported to identify the inventor of the mysterious currency that, according to some prospectors, is on track to becoming a legitimate part of the international economy.

The story would have been an incredible scoop appearing in Newsweek’s first print issue since the magazine transferred to new ownership. That high profile return backfired, though, when Nakamoto denied during an interview with the associated Press that he had ever been involved with bitcoin.
Dorian Nakamoto thanks bitcoin users for donations after Newsweek flub — RT USA

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Selling about a quarter of my bitcoin's in exchange for alts. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Diversifying is the biggest reason I am up so big so far.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Xapo Launches Bitcoin Debit Card Accepted at All MasterCard Locations

California-based bitcoin wallet provider Xapo has announced the launch of a bitcoin debit card – a new product it is lauding as the first to allow bitcoin users similar spending freedoms to traditional debit cards.

The Xapo Debit Card debits BTC directly from users’ hot wallets, and can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted, both online and at physical locations, though it does not represent a partnership between the companies.

Merchants receive their payment in local currency and, to MasterCard, Casares said, the transaction appears just like any other local transaction.

This is amazing

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kanye West Shut Down the Digital Currency Coinye

Kanye-West-Shuts-Down-Coinye.jpg

Kanye West was so unhappy that someone had named their digital currency Coinye West that he sued them for the pun-tastic name.

Proving yet again that Kanye West has no sense of humor about anything.

After filing his suit yesterday (Jan. 14), the anonymous group shut down their website and all plans to produce the digital money, writing to visitors, “COINYE IS DEAD. You win, Kanye.”
Kanye West Shut Down the Digital Currency Coinye

i don't like ppl fuccin with kanye and his brand and my post isn't helping but:russ::manny:

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
thread is polluted with ignorant trolls :manny:

what you thinking about ?

From what I understand ..is that the government has no control over bit coin..they can't print bit coin out like they do for money..since they can't do that, they can't fund wars, wars on terror wars on drugs, and prison systems. ..they have to go to the people to ask for Bitcoins ..and I don't think the people would be likely to the give the government money for these things..bit coin can shut down the federal government and put the people in charge of making decisions..countries wouldn't go to war with eachother because they wouldn't have enough money for it..it would be a peaceful planet..

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
From what I understand ..is that the government has no control over bit coin..they can't print bit coin out like they do for money..since they can't do that, they can't fund wars, wars on terror wars on drugs, and prison systems. ..they have to go to the people to ask for Bitcoins ..and I don't think the people would be likely to the give the government money for these things..bit coin can shut down the federal government and put the people in charge of making decisions

so you been listening to Molyneux :sas1:

but yes, you are right. It could and probably will change the world as we know it

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
I actually was..I listened to that one last nite..another one where he was talking to some nerdy podcast host..and I'm about to listen to the hour one "the truth about bitcoin" in to few mins:russ:

that one will blow your mind. if you haven't dug deep into Bitcoin so far. he makes a pretty staggering demonstration of the impact Bitcoin can have on our society