Official Coming 2 America Thread

dangerranger

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i don't, i feel a lot of people went in ready to judge the movie on its own merits given the OG is a classic, 30+ years old, rated R vs PG-13 - it makes you have to go into the movie with an open mind, but as a standalone movie, it's below average, and as a sequel to one of the GOAT black movies, it's trash

:yeshrug:

Exactly. I don’t like the disingenuous attitude I’m seeing towards this film. This film was no better than a typical Tyler Perry movie. The same corny jokes, weak plots, and numerous cameos that make people go :krs:. Trust me I hate 99% of Perry’s work but to see people say this is good is strange because the same individuals hate Perry’s work. This is exactly like Perry’s work, if I didn’t know Kenya Barris and two others wrote it, you would think it was based on the filming, the choppiness, the poor narrative, lack of real character arcs and outdated jokes.

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly. I don’t like the disingenuous attitude I’m seeing towards this film. This film was no better than a typical Tyler Perry movie. The same corny jokes, weak plots, and numerous cameos that make people go :krs:. Trust me I hate 99% of Perry’s work but to see people say this is good is strange because the same individuals hate Perry’s work. This is exactly like Perry’s work, if I didn’t know Kenya Barris and two others wrote it, you would think it was based on the filming, the choppiness, the poor narrative, lack of real character arcs and outdated jokes.
This shyt reminds me of a parody movie. More like what scary movie was to scream.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
shyt was cool.
Favorite part was when they introduced Teyana Taylors character and that whole scene.
Alotta corn but it had a lil character.
Def wont be watching again.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
On the WTF podcast Eddie said that when he set out to write the script for the sequel 4 years ago, Tracy Morgan was actually supposed to play the son.
That would have been way more funny tbh

After thinking about it, from what the story was, I think they should have went the Meet the Fockers route with the storyline. Should have been about the son and his ratchet ass family trying to assimilate as African Royalty

:mjlol:

They didn't have enough of that going on. That shyt would have been hilarious. It felt like they made this movie on eggshells tho, they didn't want to offend too many people.

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Im at the salt and pepper part and this shyt is 10/10 so far, fukk what the critics talk. This movie is perfect :mjcry: I’m glad every one (but one RIP) is here :wow:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The first Coming to America is a comedy classic no doubt, this new one to me was just OK. BUT, I also understand what Eddie was trying to do and I respect the message of the film and the cameos and callbacks were all terrific and the highlight of the film even if I thought the son storyline was rushed and I thought Leslie Jones was just meh. I would still say it was a 3 star film.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
I’m watching this tonight. Expectations are low so hopefully I’ll be pleasantly surprised