Official Coming 2 America Thread

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
i don't, i feel a lot of people went in ready to judge the movie on its own merits given the OG is a classic, 30+ years old, rated R vs PG-13 - it makes you have to go into the movie with an open mind, but as a standalone movie, it's below average, and as a sequel to one of the GOAT black movies, it's trash

:yeshrug:

And you would be very wrong :pachaha:the overwhelming sentiment people had going into this movie was either they expected it to be awful and that it didn’t even make sense to make a sequel 30 years later, or that they just hoped it wasn’t bad.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
And you would be very wrong :pachaha:the overwhelming sentiment people had going into this movie was either they expected it to be awful and that it didn’t even make sense to make a sequel 30 years later, or that they just hoped it wasn’t bad.
that captures the people who were willing to judge it on its own merits. and you can feel it didn't make sense to have a sequel, it didn't, and still be willing to watch the movie without comparing it to the OG.

outside of hot takes on the net, i don't know too many people who sat down to this with the idea of it being able to stand shoulder to shoulder with the OG and watching it with that expectation

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
The whole basis of this film existing is Leslie Jones raped Eddie Murphy....that's funny to yall? :unimpressed: Not even on no prude shyt, its just not funny.

These nikkas been locked up in the house so long, they forgot what actual humor was. :wow:

Or maybe it just magnified the inherent corniness? :jbhmm: Who knows

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
The whole basis of this film existing is Leslie Jones raped Eddie Murphy....that's funny to yall? :unimpressed: Not even on no prude shyt, its just not funny.

These nikkas been locked up in the house so long, they forgot what actual humor was. :wow:

Wtf is it with female on male rape recently Wonder woman now this :dead:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had to tell myself there was no way they could match the first one so that I wouldnt' be let down. So many things came together for that film to be what it was. I am torn on Akeem. On one hand, it's common for sons that have domineering fathers to be more laid back and even soft. But my man had heart and wasn't afraid of shyt in the first movie and now they got him as this soft hoe. I feel like they weren't 100% sure where they wanted to go with this. You can tell they went through multiple drafts. I didn't hate it though. I feel like I need to watch it a few more times to really formulate an opinion. After all, I watched the original a hundred times before it became what it became to me. Lastly, anyone else feel like this film was actually more adult oriented than the first one. The first one had cussing and titties but outside of that it was a straight fairy tale. To me this one seemed to have more adult themes and conversation throughout despite being PG-13.

It's crazy, especially when you consider the #Me Too and feminist themes that were included. We couldn't do any better than date rape...like seriously? I definitely couldn't fukk with that.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
On the WTF podcast Eddie said that when he set out to write the script for the sequel 4 years ago, Tracy Morgan was actually supposed to play the son.