Official Coming 2 America Thread

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
1.5/5, not trying to hate on anyone's taste in films but this shyt was mad corny

The plot was all over the place, the son, mother, Tracey Morgan in whatever role he was supposed to be feeled mad forced were the comic relief feel short...

while i wasn't expecting the OG, i rather they remade the original than this shyt :francis:..:hhh:
fukk that, hate on that shyt.

Tired of these wack ass movies getting pandemic passes.

People would not like this bullshyt if they had to leave the house. :camby:

scorpino

Love Yourz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing about this movie is that people love talking about it. I’m getting the urge to watch it again even though I know it’s bad

En Sabah Nur

The First
Daps
Reppin
Survival of the fittest
Funny movie as far as I'm concerned, me and wifey were laughing throughout. I don't normally find Leslie Jones that funny, but she was hilarious in this joint. It was never going to live up to the OG, but I'm glad they did this because of so many people through the years telling them they wanted a sequel. I liked they dropped a joke in there about sequels being made that could never live up to the original

Some of the random cameos had me Rollin...like the :flabbynsick: rapping twins...Could have picked a better dude for the son, but overall Im good with the movie

I personally think most people saying "I wanted to like it, but" are lying and went in to eviscerate the movie from jump:manny:

JA_Carter

Superstar
Daps
As expected, nowhere near the level of the original but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t entertained. It was a feel good fan service film for everyone that wanted to see the original cast reunited. 6/10 for me, a lot corny jokes but it was decent.

The women in this film were top tier though :whoo:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Very very mid
There was a war lord who was threatening to kill akeem, who immediately says nvm after he gets tripped by some girls and semi
:francis:
Akeems son immediately says aight bet and takes two strange men home after one of them tells him he’s his daddy, that part of the movie wasn’t filmed in Harlem :francis::dame:

Leslie Jones goofy/awkward cartoon character the entire movie, calling the queen a bytch 16 seconds after meeting her :francis:
Lavelle falling in love with the barber and that entire story line :francis:
The scene where lavelle starts rapping :francis::francis:
Akeems oldest daughter :noah:

Someone said this was like a 2 hour SNL sketch :flabbynsick: I went on YouTube and watched random clips from the original just to shake the cringe from watching this unnecessary plotless nightmare
All of this is valid. The writing and pacing was horrid. You add the fact that the humor was struggle city and it compounds the weakness of the plot even more.

If this shyt was funny I wouldn't care about everything you called out

:francis:

Geordi

All Star
Daps
The plot was convoluted and unnecessary. It was like a Disney movie, there was no grittiness like the first. More focus should have been on Eddie and Arsenio.

The first one had so much originality, watching this you can see how many movies and music videos have copied from it over the years. They repeated too many ideas from the first instead of creating new ones.

Wesley Snipes and the barbershop scenes were the funniest parts. 1980s Eddie was still in those barbershop characters.:mjlol:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i almost turned it off two minutes into the movie, when louie anderson and john amos had that :flabbynsick: pepsi/beyond meat scene. only made it another 10 minutes after that. shyt had me cringing like i was watching an isis beheading video

might be the worst movie ive seen in a decade. utterly disgraced the first movie. and eddie was terrible :mindblown: why was he acting so soft and annoying?

• Dap
Reactions: IVS