Official Coming 2 America Thread

Po pimp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town
I know we should not necessarily pick apart a comedy, but m aybe my sequencing is off, but I thought Akeem and Semi met with Mr.Clarence and went to the Black Awareness Pageant/Rally after no luck at the club:dwillhuh:. So when did they find the time to take Leslie and her friend back to the crib?:mjgrin:
Assuming the day they went to the Black Awareness rally was a different day because Semi said “we went to every bar and club in Queens” :manny:

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
6/10

Solid flick, the first 15-20 minutes felt more like a "Oh, is that __________?" and where are they now as opposed to a movie with a plot.

Out of all the roles not to cast a comedian, they picked the son as the non-funny person??

Everyone did well though. Lots of cringe spots though

TH29

Rookie
Daps
I though it was a pretty good film, much better than I expected. Of course it doesn't come close to the original but I had a good time while watching it. There were quite a few laugh out loud moments to me. Of the elements brought back from the original the barbershop characters and Randy Watson had me rolling. I will definitely give it another watch.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe best if you watch it with company. My ppl came and watched it with me and my fiancee and it made for a dope family night.

I watched with my family and they aint feeling and disappointed. My father was like :unimpressed: "That movie ain't shyt, not really funny at all. Movie ain't good ass Part 1".

Imyremeshaw

كن التغير الذي تريد أن تراه في العالم
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1.5/5, not trying to hate on anyone's taste in films but this shyt was mad corny

The plot was all over the place, the son, mother, Tracey Morgan in whatever role he was supposed to be feeled mad forced were the comic relief feel short...

while i wasn't expecting the OG, i rather they remade the original than this shyt :francis:..:hhh:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
IT WAS DECENT...

WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER
IF SEEN WITH A CROWD
IN THE MOVIE THEATER.

STARTED TO GET
PREDICTABLE IN THE LATTER PART
WHICH IS WHERE IT LOST POINTS.

STARTED STRONG THEN
HAD TO GO ALL FEMINIST

WHILE REHASHING THE SON
REPEATING HIS FATHERS REBELLION ASWELL.

:devil:
:evil:

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
There was a war lord who was threatening to kill akeem, who immediately says nvm after he gets tripped by some girls and semi
:francis:
Akeems son immediately says aight bet and takes two strange men home after one of them tells him he’s his daddy, that part of the movie wasn’t filmed in Harlem :francis::dame:

Leslie Jones goofy/awkward cartoon character the entire movie, calling the queen a bytch 16 seconds after meeting her :francis:
Lavelle falling in love with the barber and that entire story line :francis:
The scene where lavelle starts rapping :francis::francis:
Akeems oldest daughter :noah:

Someone said this was like a 2 hour SNL sketch :flabbynsick: I went on YouTube and watched random clips from the original just to shake the cringe from watching this unnecessary plotless nightmare
Yep. That’s how I feel. It felt like a parody of the first movie. I was cringing when they showed the warlords men with shake weights. Knew the vibes from then on.