Official Coming 2 America Thread

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched this earlier today. I enjoyed it. I went into it without much as far as expectations, since you really can't expect the same thing, since the world, the industry, and the people involved have changed quite a bit in 33 years.

Main criticism is that the movie spent a lot of time on callbacks to bits from the first movie when there could've been more time dedicated to making this its own thing, but that's kind've part of the plot anyway.

Overall, it was pretty funny, and just about everybody made the most of their roles, especially James Earl Jones.

"Son, I'm going to die now," took me out. :mjlol:

Change

All Star
Daps
First the bad..

I've seen the dude that played the Prince (Jermaine Fowler) in a show called Superior Donuts and now this movie. I've never laughed once any line this dude's delivered.

If they cast a funny person maybe it would have been slightly better.

The movie was incredibly average and had a Disney channel feel to it mixed with SNL sketches (minus the audience.) A bunch of average people made an average movie. Eddie was like a co star and didn't have much written for him.

The good..

I though the Barber shop scenes were funny. I know Eddie and Arsenio are funny. Let them rock and i know they can be funny. That's about it for the good. :tu:

I watched it last night and I can't really remember any funny lines today to repeat.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was ok

I get it was part of the plot but I could do without the son scenes. I was dozing off whenever the original characters weren’t on screen aside from Snipes and Teyana of course is eye candy

not something I’d rush to rewatch

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Since i wasn't expecting this to be near the original then i can say i was at least entertained by this and thought it was at least average. We got all the characters back and they had to play to the younger audience as well. All in all this was a pretty decent movie for what i expected it to be.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Angry Joe hated the shyt and made a hour long rant since the original is one of his favorite movies of all time

Thought about this guy the other day, l wonder why he doesn’t pop up in my YouTube feed.

Rollo Goodlove

Palestine Titty
Daps
Reppin
California, America
It was ok

I get it was part of the plot but I could do without the son scenes. I was dozing off whenever the original characters weren’t on screen aside from Snipes and Teyana of course is eye candy

not something I’d rush to rewatch
Compared to Netflix style movies today it is great