Official Coming 2 America Thread

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Agreed. People coming in here, like, oh shyt, this gonna be the GOAT, the GOAT didn't know it was going to be the GOAT. Honestly, this was better than all of the Fridays after OG Friday. I would say this is on Rush Hour 2 level. I'll likely watch it again and soon.
Negged

Negged again

And negged once more when the timer is up

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Them white folks in Hollywood love when nikkaz hate black movies so they can pull the plug from nikkaz. Then you'll complain not enough black movies. You mean to tell me they got all the top black actors, producers, writers and still nikkaz complain. I swear if nutty professor dropped today nikkaz wouldn't find it funny because the world is use to dumbass instagram skits and now people only have attention spans that last 30 seconds.
They don't pull the plug on successful movies even if they're bad. If they make money and garner attention they keep them coming.

Even with people shytting on this movie it was streamed a fukk-ton and it's actually getting people to figure out how to access Amazon's Prime Video service
:deadmanny:

Also, Nutty Professor is a classic, stop it

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just way too many storylines and characters

First one
Akeem coming to NYC to find a queen
Side story of adjusting to America (barbershop, apartment search, working at McDowell's)

This one
Akeem finding out he has a son
Son adjusting to Zamunda
Son falling in love with barber
Daughter wanting to be heiress
Potential war with Wesley's country

Just way too much for a 2 hour movie so everything felt rushed.

We saw the love story with Akeem and Lisa develop over the movie with a bunch of scenes. Him first seeing her at the church, small talk at McDowell's going on the double date, them having the talk behind her house, her relationship and engagement to Darryl, them dating each other, her finding out who he really is before she decides to marry him.

In this one, it's a couple of small scenes with Lavelle and the barber joking around while he gets his hair cut, them in the garden talking about movies when they kiss and then they run away together:francis:

Last edited:

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Them white folks in Hollywood love when nikkaz hate black movies so they can pull the plug from nikkaz. Then you'll complain not enough black movies. You mean to tell me they got all the top black actors, producers, writers and still nikkaz complain. I swear if nutty professor dropped today nikkaz wouldn't find it funny because the world is use to dumbass instagram skits and now people only have attention spans that last 30 seconds.
Nah fukk all that black and white shyt this movie was fukking wack man....the cast the script shyt is bad man

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
It wasn't great but I laughed here and there. Ruth E Carter came through with the costumes.:banderas: Shari Headley still looks :ahh: And Wesley, Wesley still Wesley :mjlol:
Between Dolemite, SNL comeback, hilarious interviews like the one with Nas and Coming 2 America....Eddie Murphy is officially on a roll.

Just need the comedy special to complete the cypher. :wow:
Honestly, Eddie looks like he's actually enjoying himself and he's making what he wants :manny:

Comedy sequels are very hard to do especially when they're years apart from the original. It'll get slandered now but will soon be forgotten like the sequels for Anchorman, Dumb and Dumber and Zoolander. Not sure how high your expectations y'all were.

shyt was fun and will most def get the rewatch treatment.
I'mma stop you there
k5DK5eq.png

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Just way too many storylines and characters

First one
Akeem coming to NYC to find a queen
Side story of adjusting to America (barbershop, apartment search, working at McDowell's)

This one
Akeem finding out he has a son
Son adjusting to Zamunda
Son falling in love with barber
Daughter wanting to be heiress
Potential war with Wesley's country

Just way too much for a 2 hour movie so everything felt rushed.

We saw the love story with Akeem and Lisa develop over the movie with a bunch of scenes. In this one, it's a couple of small scenes with Lavelle and the barber laughing while he gets his hair cut, them in the garden talking about movies when they kiss and then they run away together:francis:
The fresh cut the barber gave him made breh fall in love.

:wow:

He was like I'm putting a ring on it to be fresh for life

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They don't pull the plug on successful movies even if they're bad. If they make money and garner attention they keep them coming.

Even with people shytting on this movie it was streamed a fukk-ton and it's actually getting people to figure out how to access Amazon's Prime Video service
:deadmanny:

Also, Nutty Professor is a classic, stop it

When i say pull the plug I'm talking about future films and having an excuse to pay people less.

If Nutty Professor was released today people wouldn't like it. I don't really know many streaming movies that people actually liked..