Official Coming 2 America Thread

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
This movie was dope and anyone saying otherwise went into this looking for flaws. It maintained the original story and brought back some of the jokes from part one. The acting was on point. The story was decent. Overall a good comedy, and without the swearing of the original(not that I mind) but that makes this one more family friendly. And yes, Snipes killed this shyt.

Edit - The funeral had me dying.
How I feel.

There's no way it was gonna measure up to the OG and too many cats came into it with arms folded off the rip.

Judging the movie on its own merit, me and wifee enjoyed it.

I was entertained from start to finish. I'm good.

DaMos Supreme

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
For the fans of the OG version, I’m disappointed that no one brought up the omission of Mr. Townsend played by Commissioner Buy Bust, Frankie Faison. He was a part of arguably the greatest two minutes in a comedic film

COA 2 was aiiight as far as the movie goes. The callbacks were nice, Wesley did his thing, Eddie and Arsenio still got the Hall and Nash chemistry, the women were :wow:. Outside of some pics, it took more than long enough for Madge Sinclair to get a mention and that was by Mr. Cleo, who had his scope on her in the original.

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I been looking for this thread for the last two days...

Any way.
I thought the movie was okay, it wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t the best. I felt the movie was longer than it was. I loved the scenery and the fashions, I like how they incorporated both families too.

I loved Leslie Jones!! She was the highlight of the movie. She was able to be herself and I feel her being on a set with black people she’s funnier than she was on SNL.

Overall the movie was decent as far as nostalgia goes, sure. I like how they expanded the story of when they were in Queens in the 80s.
They could have left that whole ‘prince-ly tasks’ shyt out of it, but I guess cause he was from Queens he had to prove himself and blah blah blah... it felt like I was watching Princess Diaries... and dude reminded me of my ex so it was cringey (.:mjlol:)

I’d watch it again. But it’s nothing I’d be dying to see anytime soon. I was mad I cut off soul Plane to watch it tho.

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
I just didn't expect to wakeup to all all the hate from cacs and c00ns on the net
200.gif

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
For the fans of the OG version, I’m disappointed that no one brought up the omission of Mr. Townsend played by Commissioner Buy Bust, Frankie Faison. He was a part of arguably the greatest two minutes in a comedic film

COA 2 was aiiight as far as the movie goes. The callbacks were nice, Wesley did his thing, Eddie and Arsenio still got the Hall and Nash chemistry, the women were :wow:. Outside of some pics, it took more than long enough for Madge Sinclair to get a mention and that was by Mr. Cleo, who had his scope on her in the original.

Folk ain’t know Stu that fell down the steps was Eddie’s uncle in real life :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Teyana Taylor is SO FINE

When she walked in the room looking so Cocoa Butter Sheen FINE and the son turned towards Akeem and Akeem gave him the :whew::myman: I laughed my ass off because THATS a genuine father/son moment. You see your son about to come up on a bad piece like Teyana and all you can do is nod in acknowledgment.