Official Coming 2 America Thread

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Movie was cool to me. But I was on the record saying there’s no way it would match the original so my expectations were lowered.

it’s corny as fukk but I had a few laughs and I enjoyed the chemistry between Lavelle and Mirembe. I even enjoyed Leslie Jones and I’m usually not a fan of her humor.

The rushed the hell out of major plot points and I wasn’t mad about it. For instance, I didn’t need to see 20 more minutes of Lavelle in disbelief that a strange man from Africa said he was his pops. Nor did I need to see Akeem take a dna test. I was glad they just went along with it and flew back to Zamunda.

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I just finished it

THE GOOD

-The sistas. Good LAWD the sistas:banderas: every black woman IN the damn film (minus Leslie) was fiiiinneeee as fukk:ohlawd: Kiki Layne would get wifed with the QUICKNESS:whew:
Listen I agree with majority of your post but I had to highlight this right here cuz :ohlawd:

EDIT: Just saw that this was posted. IDGAF. I'm posting it again :damn:

Last edited:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Just watched it, not a movie person. But is this how movies are made these days?

Because nothing actually happened in the movie. No build up, no actual story. There's a problem, then the very next scene, problem is solved.

Just seemed completely rushed, like half the movie was cut out.

It's watchable tho
Sadly yes most new movies have no heart imo.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Just watched this, it was cool but not as funny as I hoped it would be. And follows the prince's journey a little too closely, just with the switch-up in setting mostly which I liked. Agree about it playing more like a family film :ehh:

Also about the women in the film being :takedat:. Lisa still looking :obama:, would have liked to have seen the sister character pop up too.

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maaan fukk the haters, this shyt was funny and dope

me and my brothers laughed all the way

I hate leslie jones, and she's good in this movie

wesley killed it, I need that in gif when he first came

beautiful chocolate women all over
giphy.gif

mykey

Superstar
Daps
Just finished watching it. What struck me ;

1. The flashbacks-the makeup people did a fantastic job making Eddie and Arsenio look 30 years younger.
2. The Cameos-Morgan Freeman, En Vogue, Salt N Pepa, Gladys Knight, the Duke brothers from Trading Places, Rick Ross, Michael Blackson, Trevor Noah, etc
3. The barbershop scene II was dope.
4. Eddie, Arsenio, Leslie Jones, Wesley Snipes and Tracy Morgan were hilarious... Jermaine Fowler not so much.
5.The costumes people did a great job.
6. Nomzamo Mbatha and Teyana Taylor were outstanding.
7. The story line felt too rushed and all over the place.
8. We expected to believe that Zamunda is a one building city in the middle of a jungle :laff:plus how does Wesley Snipes and his goons bust in and out at will? Ain't Zamunda got an army? Come on man.
9. They had to sneak in the feminist agenda bullshyt in there :francis:

Overall, feels too much of an American caricature of what an ideal African kingdom would be.

I'd give it 5 /10 :manny:

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Just watched it, not a movie person. But is this how movies are made these days?

Because nothing actually happened in the movie. No build up, no actual story. There's a problem, then the very next scene, problem is solved.

Just seemed completely rushed, like half the movie was cut out.

It's watchable tho
This was one of my problems with them trying to put so many people in it. They were simply trying to give out scenes vs building a story