Official Coming 2 America Thread

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This movie should change the title, "Coming to Zamunda".

It was pretty good but not great. Once I heard about PG-13 so pretty much I knew it gonna be watered down.

The women are so fine mfer in this film...:whew:

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There was a war lord who was threatening to kill akeem, who immediately says nvm after he gets tripped by some girls and semi
:francis:
Akeems son immediately says aight bet and takes two strange men home after one of them tells him he’s his daddy, that part of the movie wasn’t filmed in Harlem :francis::dame:

Leslie Jones goofy/awkward cartoon character the entire movie, calling the queen a bytch 16 seconds after meeting her :francis:
Lavelle falling in love with the barber and that entire story line :francis:
The scene where lavelle starts rapping :francis::francis:
Akeems oldest daughter :noah:

Someone said this was like a 2 hour SNL sketch :flabbynsick: I went on YouTube and watched random clips from the original just to shake the cringe from watching this unnecessary plotless nightmare

Strike-Wun

Lion-O Ritchie
Supporter
Daps
Had a watch party last night and everyone was in stitches viewing this movie. As a HUGE HUGE fan of the first one, this one did not disappoint me. My expectations was middling, never expected this to be better or even just as good as the first and I wasn't disappointed.

+Westley stole the 1st half of the movie
+This is the first time I've ever actually thought Lesise Jones was funny in a movie.
+Eddie and Arseno are still funny
+This is the second time I've ever actually thought Michael Blackson was funny in a movie. (Friday)
+The funeral scene had the whole partly laughing
+Teyana Taylor.......... gat damn
+The ladies in the this movie :datazz:
+(most) of the cameos
+barbershop scenes
+semi, semi, semi (story) lmao

-Fizzled down during the 2nd half
-Wasn't really felling the actor that played Hakeems son
-Expected more from Tracy Morgan, wasn't that funny compared to everyone else
-Felt like they were trying a bit too much to mirror Wakanda, plot wise

~the feminism angle, it wasn't slap you in the face like other movies (*cough Endgame *cough), but having a black wife, sisters, mothers, nieces..... i get it
~I don't know if it's the Hakeem son storyline or the actor itself, need to watch again. I feel if it was a different actor, maybe would have hit a lil harder.

Overall, i liked the movie. If the first one was a 10/10, this one would be a 6.5-7/10

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Had a watch party last night and everyone was in stitches viewing this movie. As a HUGE HUGE fan of the first one, this one did not disappoint me. My expectations was middling, never expected this to be better or even just as good as the first and I wasn't disappointed.

+Westley stole the 1st half of the movie
+This is the first time I've ever actually thought Lesise Jones was funny in a movie.
+Eddie and Arseno are still funny
+This is the second time I've ever actually thought Michael Blackson was funny in a movie. (Friday)
+The funeral scene had the whole partly laughing
+Teyana Taylor.......... gat damn
+The ladies in the this movie :datazz:
+(most) of the cameos
+barbershop scenes
+semi, semi, semi (story) lmao

-Fizzled down during the 2nd half
-Wasn't really felling the actor that played Hakeems son
-Expected more from Tracy Morgan, wasn't that funny compared to everyone else
-Felt like they were trying a bit too much to mirror Wakanda, plot wise

~the feminism angle, it wasn't slap you in the face like other movies (*cough Endgame *cough), but having a black wife, sisters, mothers, nieces..... i get it
~I don't know if it's the Hakeem son storyline or the actor itself, need to watch again. I feel if it was a different actor, maybe would have hit a lil harder.

Overall, i liked the movie. If the first one was a 10/10, this one would be a 6.5-7/10

lol this felt like a paid post

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I thought it was strange that the flashback scenes from Coming to America had better picture quality than the scenes taking place in the present day.

It is what it is. Wasn't expecting much, didn't get much. Again, if they had a good script or a good plot idea they would've made this sequel sometime during the last 30 plus years. Some people like the fact that it's so reliant on the original, I'm one of those folks that thought it was overkill. And the only music performance I didn't mute parts of was Davido.

Snipes did his thing though.