Official Coming 2 America Thread

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
I FULLY expected to hate this, but it actually wasn't that bad.

Unlike some of y'all, Leslie Jones almost ruined it for me. Her and Tracy Morgan were both unnecessary and unfunny. It seemed that ere'body else was ACTING while those two were doing SHTICK, and it just didn't work for me.

Jermaine Fowler did better than I thought he would.

All the cameos were good....except I WAS NOT feelin that bootleg ass En Vogue. I know that's been the iteration for awhile, but without EITHER Maxine OR Dawn:camby::camby:

EXCEPT for Leslie, ALL the women were :noah::ahh::ohlawd::salute:

Only two scenes made me laugh:

Drunk Lisa shunning her regal Zamunda royal standing and turning back into Lisa from Queens...that was good.

Randy bringing out the twins at the end...I straight LOST it. :russ:

And stop comparing this shyt to a movie that captured magic in a bottle THIRTY YEARS AGO.
:stopitslime::martin:

How old is Eddie Daughter....she is beautiful

She's 19.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I'm surprise "Soul Glo" wasn't mention at all or at least have modern commercial. This movie could have had someone with a jeri curl.

When Akeem and Semi came back to the barbershop there was Soul Glo poster inside.

there was a brief mention and even a somewhat updated version of the song when they did the flashback and the two of them went back to crib the smash them chicks

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
When Akeem and Semi came back to the barbershop there was Soul Glo poster inside.

there was a brief mention and even a somewhat updated version of the song when they did the flashback the two of them went back to crib the smash them chicks
Everything in that barbershop was from the 80s. They had Magic Johnson Lakers photos. No Obama, MLK pictures

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I was legit shocked that Eriq LaSalle wasn't in this.
I was expecting at least a quick cameo of dude still rocking the extra wet jheri curl.

He said in an interview last year that he wasn’t in it so I wasn’t expecting him at all.

I would have liked to have seen Lisa’s sister if only for a quick cameo

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
OG Coming To America was a 70% at Rotten Tomatoes by the way. :mjpls:

And critics are substantially more jaded nowadays trying to get clickbait rating attention.
OG CTA was critically dogged the fukk out but it was one of these movies, we said was GOAT, suck a dikk, get the fukk outta here trick and make it legendary.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Looking at the reviews. White folks are loving this one. I've seen a few who liked it more than the OG. Considering the writers, the type of humor I've noticed here is more liked by the Blackish fans than the old Eddie Murphy Raw fans. I like all comedy but I do realize that everyone is different.