Official Coming 2 America Thread

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The movie was trash :mjlol: fun but trash :mjlol:

I did it enjoy it because the nostalgia was hittin the whole way through but :francis: they could have done a much better job with this. The writing was shyt. A lot of the jokes didn’t hit. I didn’t have high expectations but again with a classic like this, it just could have been done better. Glad it was made at least :manny:
All of this...plus they had too many people in this movie, so much so that no one shined and/or it was a waste of a cameo.

randomly, I didn’t know James earl jones was still alive :snoop:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
This was a LOT of fun. I don't understand the criticism. I think people look at old movie with rose colored glasses. There's high art, good comedy, and campy fun. This had it's feet in both the good comedy and campy fun. The first one was as well. I don't think it pretended to be anything else. Made me giggle, a lot. Two thumbs up.

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I KNOW Morris could’ve fit more food on his plate than that, shyt look like a Boston Market platter :picard: Where the candied yams at?! :damn:

Excuse my hungry self out. :hubie:

Last edited:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
This was a good movie. Fun, family movie, with mild humor but nothing insanely funny. I had zero interest in comparing this to my GOAT movie Coming To America. That's one of the ATGs. I just wanted to watch a good movie that covered a lot of shyt I wanted to see covered. I enjoyed it.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
On second thought Seemed like a Disney version of a classic comedy. Recreating the club scene and adding Leslie Jones was tight tho. Sexual Chocolate and big girl twins was dope. That was creative give them points for that. This was really Wesley's movie he came thru on this one.
Wesley was a beast. I actually think the girl who was the barber was really good as well. Jermaine held his own and Leslie did what she was supposed to do.