Official Coming 2 America Thread

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Some movies just shouldn't be made. This really was a straight-to-DVD sequel and it's literally 30 years too late. I legit question anybody of age that thinks this was funny.

I can't say enough how terrible the son was. He's like a great value version of Jacob Latimore or one of the leads from Survivor's Remorse.

So we're supposed to be cool with a woman drugging & raping a man? Imagine if Akeem did that her.:picard:

And the son has no resentment at all towards his absentee dad after 30 years? No DNA test either? His wife and kids should have been screaming for one instantly. The better plot twist would he him being Simi's son.

I just...:snoop:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some movies just shouldn't be made. This really was a straight-to-DVD sequel and it's literally 30 years too late. I legit question anybody of age that thinks this was funny.

I can't say enough how terrible the son was. He's like a great value version of Jacob Latimore or one of the leads from Survivor's Remorse.

So we're supposed to be cool with a woman drugging & raping a man? Imagine if Akeem did that her.:picard:

And the son has no resentment at all towards his absentee dad after 30 years? No DNA test either? His wife and kids should have been screaming for one instantly. The better plot twist would he him being Simi's son.

I just...:snoop:

They were better off changing the laws and let the princess take over the throne

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Overall this was good. It got serious when they focused on the son and lost thr humor. But I laughed hard at certain parts.

And some complained about too many throwbacks. I disagree. The way they remixed certain things was dope. Because it was unexpected. The end was kinda Tyler Perry, happy is. But its ok. I would definitely watch this again with someone who hasn't seen it yet. But it's been a minute since I laughed hard at a movie.

Verbal Kint

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TC, Ap
People like what they like and that's all good. Even though I had low expectations for this joint coming in it was even worse than I thought it would be. It was basically some nice nostalgia in parts but it wasn't funny at all, was forcing the 'girl power' stuff in ways that didn't really make sense, and for some reason decided the way to go was to focus on the unfunny son for most of the movie. It really felt like someone threw a script together in a few days and everyone just said 'sure lets collect a check'