Official Coming 2 America Thread

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Wait this shyt ain’t rated R? I’m contemplating even watching the shyt now. That’s just goofy.

Nope...even had a scene with the girls gonna bath the son...and they had brown halter tops on to look like their skin tone so it gave the illusion they were naked.......

The barbershop scene was funny tho

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked it. They expanded the lore and brought back as much of the old cast as possible. They even brought back the goddamn saxophone player from Sexual Chocolate in the first movie and Peaches and Sugar Cube. Wesley Snipes was probably the funniest character aside from the barbers. The women were all fine as hell. Lisa aged the best by far. She looked amazing.

Here are the negatives though:

- Zero mention of Darryl or Patrice. They must've had some kind of falling out or something. The movie referenced all kinds of random side characters from the first movie but leave them two out?

- The name of General Izzi's country is "Nextdooria" wtf? They could've done better than that.

- Too many random celebrity cameos. TF does Rick Ross need to be in here for? It wasn't distracting at least.

Overall it was a fun movie and I was lowkey emotional at certain points. I don't think there was any way this movie was gonna match the original. I'm such a big fan though, so I was gonna enjoy it for what it was anyway.

fukk it let's do a trilogy.

They used his mansion for filming

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you take this movie out of the Coming To America OG movie context, it’s not bad. It’s entertaining enough as a stand-alone that you can feel like you didn’t waste your time.

In the context of Coming To America, it just is a different type of film. It was made for 2020, not for fans of the original. Eddie knew this, which is why he limited his screen time. Nothing will touch the original, especially with everyone being 30 years older, so it’s no reason to even try and take that approach.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched like 20 mins and paused it until tomorrow so I can watch it with my girl. She’s never seen the original so I’ll force her to watch that first.

But yeah so far it’s a meh kinda vibe but I did laugh a few times. The first barbershop scene when the barber tells the customer “you better not put that money in my hand all rough” was a classic Eddie Murphy delivery/line imo

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i liked this movie but I think there was too much on leaning on the OG Coming to America to carry this movie

Wesley was jokes in this and the dude that played eddie's son surprisingly was a highlight

One thing that I couldn't help but think is it had a feel that a lot of the stuff was left on the cutting room floor..i hope there's an unrated/extended cut of this

c2daj

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Providence, RI
i liked this movie but I think there was too much on leaning on the OG Coming to America to carry this movie

Wesley was jokes in this and the dude that played eddie's son surprisingly was a highlight

One thing that I couldn't help but think is it had a feel that a lot of the stuff was left on the cutting room floor..i hope there's an unrated/extended cut of this
Felt the exact same way. The pace was a bit off and things felt rushed. They probably didn't want to make the movie too long, but with so many characters and so much going on, another 10 minutes would've helped.

Still think it's a solid film on it's own and will get more love down the line.