Official Coming 2 America Thread

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I liked it. They expanded the lore and brought back as much of the old cast as possible. They even brought back the goddamn saxophone player from Sexual Chocolate in the first movie and Peaches and Sugar Cube. Wesley Snipes was probably the funniest character aside from the barbers. The women were all fine as hell. Lisa aged the best by far. She looked amazing.

Here are the negatives though:

- Zero mention of Darryl or Patrice. They must've had some kind of falling out or something. The movie referenced all kinds of random side characters from the first movie but leave them two out?

- The name of General Izzi's country is "Nextdooria" wtf? They could've done better than that.

- Too many random celebrity cameos. TF does Rick Ross need to be in here for? It wasn't distracting at least.

Overall it was a fun movie and I was lowkey emotional at certain points. I don't think there was any way this movie was gonna match the original. I'm such a big fan though, so I was gonna enjoy it for what it was anyway.

fukk it let's do a trilogy.

It wasn't a must have. It was an absolutely. Allison Dean had a massive falling out with to the point where she didn't want to act for a while because of her experience.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
Yeeeeeeeah I’m like 45 mins and this is kinda :patrice:

how the fukk Teyana starts singing and then Akeem’s son drops his hot 16 like it’s an episode of Empire.

I dunno. I like the cameos and throwbacks to the first movie but this shyt is all over the place. Someone on Eddie’s level should have had his pick of directors and writers to tighten this project up.

And literally half of the movie should’ve been set on Queens. I dunno, it felt kinda budget with them being in/around the palace.

It felt EXTREMELY budget......I think they did the whole movie in Rick Ross property :mjlol: