Official Coming 2 America Thread

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Yeeeeeeeah I’m like 45 mins and this is kinda :patrice:

how the fukk Teyana starts singing and then Akeem’s son drops his hot 16 like it’s an episode of Empire.

I dunno. I like the cameos and throwbacks to the first movie but this shyt is all over the place. Someone on Eddie’s level should have had his pick of directors and writers to tighten this project up.

And literally half of the movie should’ve been set on Queens. I dunno, it felt kinda budget with them being in/around the palace.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
I’m sorry, but this is a struggle movie. I don’t know what Coogler or anyone would’ve done to salvage this movie. I don’t really think there’s anything could’ve been done to be honest. Wayyyyy too much time has passed to try to recapture the magic/feel of the original.

its a bigger budget struggle movie.

The plot could’ve been so much better. Literally the idea was to find a way to get Akeem back to America so this could’ve gone any number of directions. shyt, make him have a son with Lisa and have him get kidnapped or something.

Or even the son feeling the pressure about being an heir and going to NY for college and getting turned the fukk out on American culture and reinventing himself into something that shuns the throne while needed Akeem’s money to fund his lifestyle.

The angle with Nextdooria was dumb. In 30+ years Zamunda can get a McDowell’s but not have its defenses built up to stop someone from invading? They should’ve had fighter jets and shyt by now.

What made the first movie what is was is the time they spent in America getting into all kinds of fukkery. You barely knew shyt about Zamunda from what you saw, only by what you heard of it from Akeem when he was trying to get at Lisa.

Last edited:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
pop culture in general is a young person's arena. to the movie's credit, this is exactly the type of stuff they like now. we got the callbacks, but mainly the youth got something they could enjoy. kind of a brilliant way to do a family movie fr. any way you slice it, I don't think anyone wants to make a dated movie