Official Coming 2 America Thread

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
:patrice:Uh oh.. haven't watched yet and only checked this last page....but I'm still here for it after work tomorrow with a huge plate of oxtail

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
I liked it. They expanded the lore and brought back as much of the old cast as possible. They even brought back the goddamn saxophone player from Sexual Chocolate in the first movie and Peaches and Sugar Cube. Wesley Snipes was probably the funniest character aside from the barbers. The women were all fine as hell. Lisa aged the best by far. She looked amazing.

Here are the negatives though:

- Zero mention of Darryl or Patrice. They must've had some kind of falling out or something. The movie referenced all kinds of random side characters from the first movie but leave them two out?

- The name of General Izzi's country is "Nextdooria" wtf? They could've done better than that.

- Too many random celebrity cameos. TF does Rick Ross need to be in here for? It wasn't distracting at least.

Overall it was a fun movie and I was lowkey emotional at certain points. I don't think there was any way this movie was gonna match the original. I'm such a big fan though, so I was gonna enjoy it for what it was anyway.

fukk it let's do a trilogy.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Beautiful Nubian Queens in this flick
445243f757d3c99e3dd4b2fa2ec39ded.png

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Man this is terrible, cliche and a struggle to finish.

The product placement and cameos are just absolutely gaudy.

20 minutes left and I haven't laughed or even cracked a smile one time.

They could've kept this. It's a bad Tyler Perry Kidz Bop version of the original.

Last edited:

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I’m sorry, but this is a struggle movie. I don’t know what Coogler or anyone would’ve done to salvage this movie. I don’t really think there’s anything could’ve been done to be honest. Wayyyyy too much time has passed to try to recapture the magic/feel of the original.

Marlo Barksdale

Really out chea
Daps
Reppin
Tha M
Let's be real, a good percentage of ya'll was willing and waiting to instantly hate this shyt the moment that first trailer dropped, no matter what.

Alot of us just got what we expected based on the time and previews: a watered down movie that is literally 30 years too late. Nothing about the previews gave me confidence and I sadly was right.

The actor that played his son is absolutely terrible.

Last edited: