Atlanta

Theolodius_Black

Whoopin suckas with a bag of oranges
Daps
Reppin
Brookhaven,MS to Tallyho, FL
Grambling trying to get Art Briles :ohhh:

Sources: Grambling targeting Art Briles as offensive coordinator

Ayo @Theolodius_Black we scheduled y’all for homecoming. Admin trying to get that bag by all means :mjlol:. Usually you schedule a trash team for homecoming but they’re trying to cash out on the JSU & Deion hype

Alabama State releases 2022 football schedule - Alabama State University Athletics

shyt will be a movie. Drinks on me if any of y’all decide to come
Shii bro I'm always at that game lol Tallahassee ain't but a few hours from Montgomery! Let me gone schedule a room over in eastchase for they hike the price up :russ:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I think the SWAC about to get raided by the MEAC.

Teams that will leave:
FAMU
Bethune
AA&M
Alabama State
Grambling State
PVAMU
Texas Southern

Teams that might leave:
Southern
Jackson State

Teams that will join or rejoin:
NCA&T
Tennessee State

Teams that will stay in the MEAC:
Howard

Teams that need work to stay:
SC State

Everyone else had to go in the MEAC.

The SWAC will add what's left that's available and might consider Chicago State.

Dr. Cleveland from the SWAC is aggressive but his downfall will be the other schools as he wanted to go to the FBS as a group. The MEAC in survival mode and they got better corporate connections. I think the SWAC won't die but it will have to adjust.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4

Teams that will leave:
FAMU
Bethune
AA&M
Alabama State
Grambling State
PVAMU
Texas Southern

Teams that might leave:
Southern
Jackson State

NCA&T
Tennessee State

Howard

SC State

The SWAC will add what's left that's available and might consider Chicago State.

Dr. Cleveland from the SWAC is aggressive but his downfall will be the other schools as he wanted to go to the FBS as a group. The MEAC in survival mode and they got better corporate connections. I think the SWAC won't die but it will have to adjust.
I would think them Texas teams, Prarie and Texas Southern would be a hard sell. Travel would be a nightmare for Howard or them Mid Atlantic teams. One of the reasons A&T left was due to travel. I could see A&T going back, though. Especially if they continue to struggle in the Big South and with Hampton leaving.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
If y’all go to the CAA it’ll make a lot of folks upset. Y’all left the MEAC because of travel but the CAA would have y’all traveling more than the MEAC!

how is the white AD received by the NCAT alum?
From what I hear, the AD is received well. I don’t have a problem with him so far. We’re holding pretty well in the Big South, but you never know.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I would think them Texas teams, Prarie and Texas Southern would be a hard sell. Travel would be a nightmare for Howard or them Mid Atlantic teams. One of the reasons A&T left was due to travel. I could see A&T going back, though. Especially if they continue to struggle in the Big South and with Hampton leaving.
These are East Texas schools either in Houston or outside of Houston.

The travel is not much different than other FBS conferences.

They mainly left because the MEAC was ran like the CIAA with a bigger budget.

They hired a ton of leadership employees and they reached their peak as a FCS conference. This is truly their only shot at survival and I strongly think the others will do it because the FBS is the goal of many of these schools as they have already done feasibility studies and they would go if a conference wanted them and it made sense.

I don't see Hampton leaving the FCS. They are in the best FCS conference in the nation when it comes to everything but a TV deal and their deal with Flow ends soon.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
These are East Texas schools either in Houston or outside of Houston.

The travel is not much different than other FBS conferences.

They mainly left because the MEAC was ran like the CIAA with a bigger budget.

They hired a ton of leadership employees and they reached their peak as a FCS conference. This is truly their only shot at survival and I strongly think the others will do it because the FBS is the goal of many of these schools as they have already done feasibility studies and they would go if a conference wanted them and it made sense.

I don't see Hampton leaving the FCS. They are in the best FCS conference in the nation when it comes to everything but a TV deal and their deal with Flow ends soon.
Well, I want A&T to go back. I’m not a fan of playing teams like Kennesaw State or North Alabama, even though it’s a short drive for me to those places

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps

Teams that will leave:
FAMU
Bethune
AA&M
Alabama State
Grambling State
PVAMU
Texas Southern

Teams that might leave:
Southern
Jackson State

NCA&T
Tennessee State

Howard

SC State

this post makes no sense :mjtf:

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
are you hearing something on the ground because nobody from the SWAC will be traveling that far up north to play
I have heard about MEAC wants to porch teams from D2 and can't. The jump just isn't worth it for the school's budget for VSU or Kentucky State.

They are looking to porch SWAC teams and some are interested if it's going to the FBS. Commissioner Stills is doing all she can to look at all options for all members in the conference.

Howard is seriously looking at joining the CAA with NC A&T but wants to give the MEAC every chance to figure out how to keep this conference together but it will be extremely difficult without moving up and only two teams are in potential position to move up and it's no guarantee SC State can.

This would bring in massive money to the MEAC and they are looking at all options. It's a hail mary but it's one where they have some buy in from some ADs in the SWAC.

The issue Dr. McClelland has is his conference is stronger than the MEAC but the MEAC have way better media partnerships and connections for a big jump and the SWAC got too many schools who don't want change nor can they afford it like Alcorn, Valley, and Pine Bluff. He also wants to move up if they ever do as a group. The MEAC due to being on their deathbed doesn't have that luxury. They are about to lose their auto for baseball and things are getting bleak in general.

So I expect public announcements to come either this year or early in 2023.

While some teams like NC Central will join the Big South or Atlantic Sun, some will have no choice but to join the SWAC even with the odd travel and while Chicago State is on the outside looking in, they will get an invite to the SWAC as well.

The SWAC stubbornness will be while it lose a lot of members and sticks in the FCS with all of the unattractive teams left.

Last edited:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
I have heard about MEAC wants to porch teams from D2 and can't. The jump just isn't worth it for the school's budget for VSU or Kentucky State.

They are looking to porch SWAC teams and some are interested if it's going to the FBS. Commissioner Stills is doing all she can to look at all options for all members in the conference.

Howard is seriously looking at joining the CAA with NC A&T but wants to give the MEAC every chance to figure out how to keep this conference together but it will be extremely difficult without moving up and only two teams are in potential position to move up and it's no guarantee SC State can.

This would bring in massive money to the MEAC and they are looking at all options. It's a hail mary but it's one where they have some buy in from some ADs in the SWAC.

The issue Dr. Cleveland has is his conference is stronger than the MEAC but the MEAC have way better media partnerships and connections for a big jump and the SWAC got too many schools who don't want change nor can they afford it like Alcorn, Valley, and Pine Bluff. He also wants to move up if they ever do as a group. The MEAC due to being on their deathbed doesn't have that luxury. They are about to lose their auto for baseball and things are getting bleak in general.

So I expect public announcements to come either this year or early in 2023.

While some teams like NC Central will join the Big South or Atlantic Sun, some will have no choice but to join the SWAC even with the odd travel and while Chicago State is on the outside looking in, they will get an invite to the SWAC as well.

The SWAC stubbornness will be while it lose a lot of members and sticks in the FCS with all of the unattractive teams left.

Alcorn actually can afford the jump
schools like Grambling, Valley, UAPB can't

I don't know if the MEAC has enough weight to pull a jump like that off. I just don't see it, plus their Commissioner is about to retire